• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lumiose City

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sooo Lumiose City. The biggest city ever. While it is massive and exciting there's a huge problem. A lot of people enter the city and never return. Lost forever.

What about you? Did you succumb to the curse and get lost? Did the Taxi system help or did you avoid the city entirely? :(

Also: what was your favourite part of the city??

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I wasn't a fan. It happens to be the central hub of the entire region, but that god awful camera makes it painful to get around. The circular layout combined with the dynamic camera is honestly the biggest problem, even more than everything looking mostly the same.

It's a fun place to skate around though, lol.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I liked it, even thought all the places are so similar and I can never remember on which street the shop I want is...But honestly, with the colour codes and the taxis and Gogoat, I have no idea how they could have designed it better, so props to the dev team.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I do agree with everyone saying camera issue it made me difficult to navigate because of the camera and the massive city it's kinda hard to navigate and get around if you willing to spend few money to go with taxi to destination spot

Years
I really liked the city and even after months after I beat Y, I was able to find new things there.

But I can agree on bad camera :D

Years
I always got lost in Lumiose City because of the badly-handled camera angles. This was very apparent when I had to search for the alleyways during the postgame Looker sidequest.

It's not a badly designed city though, since it captures the image of Paris very well. Prism Tower is pretty much the Eiffel Tower when you look at the familiar-looking design.

Years
I didn't have as much a problem with the cameras as others, I dunno, it just seemed to take a backseat to me. But I did love the design and especially the music of the city.

Years
I liked this city a lot, I never actually got lost tbf, but the camera angles were kinda annoying. Of course my favorite part was the centre, oh so pretty...

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
To this date I still don't know what where is within the city, only a few places. But otherwise it's cool, I like that they decided to put in a huge city, it makes the region look more lively. Cities in older games sure feel sooooooooooooo small compared to Lumiose, except for Castelia in BW/BW2, that one looks even bigger.

Back