• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Haha please Diddy and Dixie Kong! That would be so amazing, I could just imagine. I love her so much, though omg!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Well, for DK characters, I already got my guy (DK) since day 1.

But I cannot object to Diddy AND Dixie! DKC2 is an amazing game.

Years
I'd probably favor Diddy and Dixie over Diddy and Donkey. I mean, yeah Donkey Kong is the main character of the franchise, but I think Dixie would be so much more fun to use!

I would love to see the return of PokeBalls, they were one of my favorite items you could pick up in the game. I just would like a bigger variety of Pokemon that come from PokeBalls.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but:

image_58113_thumb_wide610.jpg

A stage from Super Mario 3D Land has been confirmed, pretty much. ^^;

Years
Doesn't look too bad. I like stages that have a bit more space in them, that one doesn't really have much in it, hopefully one of the simpler stages.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Here's the second version of the roster (With Toon Link presumably disconfirmed, and assuming Snake and Sonic are one-time deals only):
I don't think Snake will return, or at the very least I hope he doesn't return. But Sonic? Nintendo has a pretty solid relationship with Sega right now, I think Sonic will return

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Fire emblem awakening is awesome. I would like to see MR Sandman from punch out. He would be a big slow beast.

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
Years
SSBB has always been one of my favorites. It's one of those games that you can play over and over again, day in day out, and not get tired of. Some of the games that are meant to be that way fail by lacking in other categories, but Brawl is not lacking in any category I'm aware of. Entertaining, but at the same time intense, and always a lot of fun.

SSB4, specifically, is a game I'm really excited for. I absolutely love the fact that Mega Man will be featured in it, as well as the Villager. I usually main Lucas, but those two are both contenders for my new favorite character. On a side note, I genuinely hope they keep Sonic, the reason being it's going to help them acquire more sales. Sonic is a video game icon, along with the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Link, etc. and even though he isn't part of that Nintendo family, he should be a staple in the character choices. Also, it was quite a shock when I saw the Wii Fit Trainer introduced, and not a good shock. I'm curious how they're going to code all of Mega Mans moves to the Wii U and 3DS, because they showed a lot of them in the trailer. I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of Bomberman or Vaati from Zelda.

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't mind the return of the Earthbound characters; Ness and Lucas. They were only good if you could use them properly, and from what I saw, not too many people did. So if they did come back, which I hope they do, I just want them to be a lot more simpler to use and maybe notch a few of their attacks because they weren't the best.

Plus, Lucas shares my name :3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I use Ness and let me tell you he's not a good character at all, even Lucas.

He's awful in Melee and Brawl and only OK in 64. While he has some high highs (fantastic aerials, projectiles, priority and grab game) everything else is really bad. His recovery is pretty much the worst, his approach is terrible, his grab range is bad (that means his reliable methods to KO are hard to get), his reach is poor and his set of smash attacks are awful. I don't use Lucas enough to know what his flaws is, but I know he pretty much is the opposite of Ness in that his aerials are bad but his smash attacks are incredible, oh and he has bad grabs but his recovery is much better.

I'm seriously hoping he gets buffed in Smash 4. He's been one of the worst characters for a while...

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I see Ness returning. The original 12 SSB64 fighters, IMO, will never go away.

Honestly, I don't see Lucas returning. Although he is one of my favorites. Same with Ike. He may be replaced by Chrom instead.

As for Snake and Sonic, I see Sonic with the higher chance of reappearing. With all the Sonic games for Nintendo consoles plus the exclusives, he's practically a Nintendo character at this point. xD

Others I'm hoping are playable are Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword), Mewtwo (with his new form), and Shulk (Xenoblade).

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
I don't think Snake and Sonic are appearing in SSB4. They were awesome, but Sakuri stated he wants very few 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. Mega Man fits the bill, and that's not considering the possibility of adding Namco-Bandi characters.

I'm also hoping for Ghirahim, Mewtwo, and Shulk to make appearances. Chrom will probably be in too, considering the surprise popularity of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I think Sonic will, but I'm uncertain about Snake. When Sakurai stated he wanted few 3rd party characters, is it possible he meant that he didn't want us to raise our hopes for their being any more 3rd party characters than there were already? (So guesses that characters like Knuckles would appear was shot down.)

Years
I think Sonic will be there, just for popularity reasons and the fans he has. They won't want anyone complaining about it. But I agree with you about Snake. I think Shulk might make the cut however, I've heard rumors and whatnot surrounding him being in the game so that's a pretty high possibility

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Shulk would be a nice addition. Xenoblade did get a heck of a lot of recognition (what with Project Rainfall being a success), and they're seemingly taking note in promoting the next 'X' game now.

Years
Xenoblade would be very interesting, in my opinion. I'm generally very happy that Mega Man will be in Smash because I think he'll fit in well but will probably be one of those overused characters. The "attacks" he will use could be predicted pretty easily, he's a familiar face so I don't think there will be too much trouble with using him.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I see Ness returning. The original 12 SSB64 fighters, IMO, will never go away.

Honestly, I don't see Lucas returning. Although he is one of my favorites. Same with Ike. He may be replaced by Chrom instead.

As for Snake and Sonic, I see Sonic with the higher chance of reappearing. With all the Sonic games for Nintendo consoles plus the exclusives, he's practically a Nintendo character at this point. xD

Others I'm hoping are playable are Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword), Mewtwo (with his new form), and Shulk (Xenoblade).

I'm also hoping for Ghirahim, Mewtwo, and Shulk to make appearances. Chrom will probably be in too, considering the surprise popularity of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I have several problems about these suggestions:

- Lucas and Ike first appeared in Smash Bros. as default characters, and based on the fact that all of the default characters from Melee (Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Sheik, and Ice Climbers) made it, then so will Brawl's default characters (Pit, Metaknight, Wario, ZSS, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Dedede, Olimar) in this game, as proven by Olimar's return rather than being replaced by Alph, Britney, or Charlie.
- Ghirahim is a one-time Zelda character, which means like Midna, he'll be irrelevant to the series in the next Zelda title. The only reason why Sheik got in was because she's technically Zelda and is used as part of Zelda's play style to make her stand out from the other fighters.
- Just because Chrom is recent doesn't mean he's an automatic shoe-in. This is not the reason why Roy and Ike were chosen in the previous titles (Roy was picked by Sakurai because his fire power made him stood out from Marth, and Ike was suggested by Intelligent System when Sakurai was looking for a new FE rep). Besides, Roy was originally meant to come back in Brawl to co-exist with Marth and Ike.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Who here still even plays this game? I do, I'm thinking of hosting a tournament on here. I think that it would be fun!

Years
Who here still even plays this game? I do, I'm thinking of hosting a tournament on here. I think that it would be fun!
On the Wii, it is still regarded as quite a popular game. Though for an event I would wait until the new game is released because there would be a better turnout rather than with the current game. Though it would be good to have an event for the Wii version of SSBB a few days before the release of the new one to say goodbye and get ready for the new one when it comes out. :3

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
On the Wii, it is still regarded as quite a popular game. Though for an event I would wait until the new game is released because there would be a better turnout rather than with the current game. Though it would be good to have an event for the Wii version of SSBB a few days before the release of the new one to say goodbye and get ready for the new one when it comes out. :3

Ehh, I might host a small tournament like with 8 people or something. When do you think Smash 4 will come out?

Back