• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
thanks! :DDD

another question... so i managed to put my extended pokemons in the wild. tried to catch one and this happened...

is there way to edit this? if not, BYPASS it so each time i caught a pokemon, it skips this screen?

EDIT: also, i have already edited the POKEDEX tab on g3hs and repointed the stuff there. it works on the pokedex menu... its just that screen thats giving me that problem.

Do you have a national dex.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
thanks! :DDD

another question... so i managed to put my extended pokemons in the wild. tried to catch one and this happened...
Spoiler:

is there way to edit this? if not, BYPASS it so each time i caught a pokemon, it skips this screen?

EDIT: also, i have already edited the POKEDEX tab on g3hs and repointed the stuff there. it works on the pokedex menu... its just that screen thats giving me that problem.

You need to give them a habitat! That will be in the next version of G3HS, which I am releasing as soon as I finish the last feature.

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
You need to give them a habitat! That will be in the next version of G3HS, which I am releasing as soon as I finish the last feature.

ahhh! i see, i guess i'll have to wait then. looking forward on the next release!

PS: sometimes, when i catch an extended pokemon and went to that menu... the screen freezes. thats why i was looking for a way to fix it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Umm..no one seemed to answer my question so ill just ask again.
I am using Mr.Dollsteak's patch and I hex edited "BPRE" to "MrDS" but then when I open the rom on the tool an error occurs. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
Umm..no one seemed to answer my question so ill just ask again.
I am using Mr.Dollsteak's patch and I hex edited "BPRE" to "MrDS" but then when I open the rom on the tool an error occurs. What am I doing wrong?

Get a clean Fire Red patch and apply the patch. Change BPRE to MrDS and open it up. If it tells you that the Rom is BPRE but it's changed to MrDS or something along those lines click no. Then change it back to BPRE and the same window appears. This time click yes.

BTW Karatekid I don't know if this will help with the sprite aborting problem but I somehow fixed it but it happened to me again when I saved a Pokemon Sprite I added twice accidentally. Nothing was checked including the Fill Sprites with 0xFF.

Last edited by a moderator:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Idk if it was already asked here but how do I make the tool work after iv'e added Jambo51's DN evolutions since it shows me an error about evolutions list when i launch the suite, what should i edit in the ini to make the rom work with the suite again?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years

The next time this happens, send me the rom, the ini, and a picture of the error. Just send it man, and I will look and try and figure out what went wrong.

Get a clean Fire Red patch and apply the patch. Change BPRE to MrDS and open it up. If it tells you that the Rom is BPRE but it's changed to MrDS or something along those lines click no. Then change it back to BPRE and the same window appears. This time click yes.

BTW Karatekid I don't know if this will help with the sprite aborting problem but I somehow fixed it but it happened to me again when I saved a Pokemon Sprite I added twice accidentally. Nothing was checked including the Fill Sprites with 0xFF.

So it happened when you clicked save twice.... I don't think I've ever tried that!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
The next time this happens, send me the rom, the ini, and a picture of the error. Just send it man, and I will look and try and figure out what went wrong.

So it happened when you clicked save twice.... I don't think I've ever tried that!

Happened again, it has now spread to every Pokemon, not just the ones i added :L. Okay, I'll send it.

Akiak

dreamin'
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
A quick question: do you think it would be possible to export all my modifications and apply them to another rom? Or would I have to enter them manually again?

Perhaps this feature could be implemented in the future?

btw keep up the awesome work!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Am I doing something wrong? I want to change the color of a Pokemon icon. When I try to change the number and save, the changes don't get properly saved.

karatekid552

Years
A quick question: do you think it would be possible to export all my modifications and apply them to another rom? Or would I have to enter them manually again?

Perhaps this feature could be implemented in the future?

btw keep up the awesome work!

Being able to save and load pokemon is planned, just not yet.:P

Am I doing something wrong? I want to change the color of a Pokemon icon. When I try to change the number and save, the changes don't get properly saved.

This happens to me as well.

Umm, like change the palette? Can you be a little bit more clear.

AmazingCharizard

Years
Umm, like change the palette? Can you be a little bit more clear.

This is what I meant:
Spoiler:

I want to change to 2 so it should show up the correct colors. But the changes don't get saved. Is it even possible with this tool(which is quite good, good job)?

BTW: I think what needs to be improved is the speed. Generally, it is good, but especially when you save it gets slow. Once again, still a nice tool :)

karatekid552

Years
This is what I meant:
Spoiler:

I want to change to 2 so it should show up the correct colors. But the changes don't get saved. Is it even possible with this tool(which is quite good, good job)?

BTW: I think what needs to be improved is the speed. Generally, it is good, but especially when you save it gets slow. Once again, still a nice tool :)

So you change the palette index, then save and it just reverts back to 1?

Functionality > speed
I promise to work on optimizations, but I want to get stuff working much more.:P

Sounds good! Would this be cross-compatible (i.e. from emerald to fire red)?

I think it might, haven't laid down the specifics yet.

Hi, any luck karate? I sent it to you a while ago.

I found that the tables have been filled with crap.... That means something is up. Did you happen to click save twice in a row without making changes? I was able to force replicate the LZDecompression error on a single sprite by doing that, but not on all of them at once like this is.

AmazingCharizard

Years
So you change the palette index, then save and it just reverts back to 1?

Functionality > speed
I promise to work on optimizations, but I want to get stuff working much more.:P

Exactly. It is not the biggest deal but if you have a tool that already has lot's of features these nice little things are pretty nice lol. Since I don't think I've seen a tool that can DO that.
Don't worry with the speed, excited to see more features like that exporting, that would be mind-blowing :D

karatekid552

Years
Exactly. It is not the biggest deal but if you have a tool that already has lot's of features these nice little things are pretty nice lol. Since I don't think I've seen a tool that can DO that.
Don't worry with the speed, excited to see more features like that exporting, that would be mind-blowing :D

To be honest, I could whip up a JSON exporter for Pokemon pretty easily. I just think my rom recovery feature is more needed right now.:P

Back