• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MegaFireRed

Years
Pitch: Pokemon FireRed, but Mega

Seriously though, after a couple of weeks of writing down and revising my ideas, I have come up with what I hope you will think is a good start:

Pokemon MegaFireRed is an expansion of the classic Pokemon FireRed for the Gameboy Advance. As the title suggests, one of the main features I intend to introduce is permanent Mega Evolutions for every fully-evolved Pokemon through Generation III. The progression through this hack is very similar to that of FireRed, somewhat modifying events and acquisition of items of the pre-Elite Four gameplay. Here's a list of things I hope to see in the hack:

- Permanent Mega Evolutions for all fully-evolved Pokemon
- New Starter Pokemon based on the Fighting-Psychic-Dark type relationships similar in the Fire-Water-Grass types
- Abra, Heracross, and Houndour
- New custom moves for each Mega Evolution of Starter Pokemon
- All Johto Pokemon in Kanto and Sevii Isles
- All Hoenn Pokemon in Sevii Isles
- Modified progression in both pre and post-Elite Four
- Access to Navel Rock, Birth Island, and the unseen Eight Island and Nine Island
- Altered evolution methods for Pokemon that only evolved while trading
- Introduction of fully-evolved lines not present in Generation III (i.e. Mamoswine, Gallade, etc.)
- Quality of life improvements
- Unlimited use of TM's
- National Pokedex at the beginning of the game
- HM's not required to be known by a Pokemon in order to be used

After tinkering about with AdvanceMap Version 1.95 by LU-HO, I managed to have every non-Legendary Pokemon obtainable in the current build I have working. I've also attached a lengthier version of my notes to this thread below.

I've been active in the ROM Hacking community for only a few weeks now and I've had a really fun time learning how all this works. I'm aware that it is a gigantic jump to now get ready to make a full-scale hack, but I couldn't wait and share what I've come up with.

If you're interested in hearing more of my ideas or you have some ideas of your own, message me on Discord at qwertyioup195#1993 or email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• MegaFireRed_Notes.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Years
UPDATE:
I have set all the base stats, typing, and Abilities for all the Mega Evolutions in my hack. I have the breakdown of the information as well as graphs of the distribution of the base stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XHvwkafQkGgXtTYqGfOriG3TABDrQh7LNYniGYCB7Ug/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any suggestions for me, please respond to this thread. I'd appreciate it.

I am also recruiting people for the project I am working on. More information can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429624

Have a great day!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
UPDATE:
I have set all the base stats, typing, and Abilities for all the Mega Evolutions in my hack. I have the breakdown of the information as well as graphs of the distribution of the base stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XHvwkafQkGgXtTYqGfOriG3TABDrQh7LNYniGYCB7Ug/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any suggestions for me, please respond to this thread. I'd appreciate it.

I am also recruiting people for the project I am working on. More information can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429624

Have a great day!
brother you have some nice documentation there
i am hella impressed

Years
Thank you very much! Do you have anything to say on the stats of a Pokemon that is getting a Mega Evolution in this hack or the Abilities I am introducing?

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Hmmm.... maybe replace HERACROSS with maybe a pure FIGHTING type but...(It's all up to you. you cahnge it or not)
also sounds interesting

Back