• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Region Map Prototype

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 18, 2019
I made this map of a region I'm planning this evening in the gen 4 style of things, and I was wondering how it looks to someone other than me. Do the city icons and routes look good enough and what about the background image? Does it need more detail? Etc. etc. Anything you can think of to improve this would be neat.

Also, in terms of game progression, do you think this region is non-linear enough? Red towns are badge cities and blue towns are non-badge cities. Also, the bottom left blue city is the starting town with the plan being to go from bottom left, to bottom right, to top right, to top left as you progress throughout the game. Do you think there are enough cities?

I haven't implemented points of interest into the map yet simply because I haven't thought of many yet, but there will be around 8 spread around, does that sound good?

I threw around a lot of questions, but just any feedback anywhere would be appreciated. Thanks.

Region Map:
qnNdFTh.png

Back