• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

20th Anniversary Pokemon TCG Tournament [Finished]

Years

20th Anniversary Pokemon TCG Tournament

Test your skills on the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online! Enter in an easy and balanced Theme Deck tournament!

Information

Tournament Format:

• The opening rounds will be a Best of 3 Round Robin to determine seeding in the elimination bracket.
  • The elimination bracket will be single elimination with a 3rd place match.

Rules & Restrictions:

You may only use the following TCGO pre-constructed theme decks:
  • XY Basic Green
  • XY Basic Red
  • XY Basic Blue
  • XY Basic Yellow
  • Basic Orange
  • Basic Red
  • Basic Green
  • Power Relay
  • Black & White Basic Red
  • Black & White Basic Green
  • Black & White Basic Blue
  • Mental Might
  • Rallying Cry

Prizes:

• Participation Emblem
  • Winner's Emblem
  • 6 TCGO Codes for first place
  • 4 TCGO Codes for second place
  • 2 TCGO Code for third place
  • 1 TCGO Code for everyone who plays all their matches

Instructions

To sign up, please post the following information in this thread:

PokeCommunity Username:
TCGO Username:

Sign-ups end July 12th at 2 PM GMT.

If you need help installing the Trading Card Game Online client, either post in the Pokemon Trading Card Game forum for help or PM me.
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask in the event thread!

Participant Standings

The standings and match schedule can be found here: http://challonge.com/pcgt14tcgo

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
OH BOO, JUST THE THEMES? If I still have the HGSS basic Yellow constructed somewhere can I use that? (don't answer this).

PokeCommunity Username: ddrox13
TCGO Username: asdfghjkl1234

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
PokeCommunity Username: TheRealOCD
TCGO Username: (Can't make an account right now because the servers are busy but I'll try again later)

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Hell yes theme deck tour 8)

PokeCommunity Username: Golgari
TCGO Username: DJDOOF

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
pokecomunity username: echimaru
pokemon tcgo ign: echimaru

btw, i need to get either of those deck first right? also when is the battle date supposed to be?

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Darn it, I told myself to make a real deck before the next one D:. -sees deck selection- Yay!

PokeCommunity Username: countryemo
TCGO Username: TheDoctor13

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years

btw, i need to get either of those deck first right? also when is the battle date supposed to be?

The decks listed all are/were available through standard gameplay on the TCGO. Here is how you get each one that you can currently get (you only need one of them though)

XY Basic Green (Grass/Colorless) - Complete 10? Trainer Challenge matches using the deck
XY Basic Red (Fire/Colorless) - Complete 10? Trainer Challenge matches using the deck
XY Basic Blue (Water/Colorless) - Complete 10? Trainer Challenge matches using the deck
XY Basic Yellow (Lightning/Colorless) - Complete all tutorial levels
Mental Might (Psychic/Grass) - Introductory gift, should already be on your account
Rallying Cry (Water/Colorless) - Input the code PLASMAFREEZE into the store where you redeem pack codes

Years
OH BOO, JUST THE THEMES? If I still have the HGSS basic Yellow constructed somewhere can I use that? (don't answer this).

PokeCommunity Username: ddrox13
TCGO Username: asdfghjkl1234

I figured only old fogeys like you and me would still have the HGSS themes, which is why they were excluded. Also, the themes keep it easy to enter.

PokeCommunity Username: TheRealOCD
TCGO Username: (Can't make an account right now because the servers are busy but I'll try again later)

Let me know when you get an account created!

Hell yes theme deck tour 8)

PokeCommunity Username: Golgari
TCGO Username: DJDOOF

Noted!

Sign-ups end on the 12th, and I'll be posting the schedule to this thread sometime after sign-ups end. You'll be able to play your matches in any order as long as you play all of them by the deadline that I will post at the time I put up the schedule. The deadline will be dependent on how many players sign up.

Darn it, I told myself to make a real deck before the next one D:. -sees deck selection- Yay!

PokeCommunity Username: countryemo
TCGO Username: TheDoctor_13

I limited it to make it easily accessible. Well, that and I don't have any completed decks in my own deck lists.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
As much as I would love to totally destroy people with my patented LantEel core because Lanturn Prime is the second best card in the game (Togepi UD is the best), I suppose I'll suppress that urge and totally destroy people with BW Basic Green and Rallying Cry instead :p

Oh, and if anyone wants a practice match PM me. As I implied and Don outright stated above, I'm a reletively experienced TCG player and willing to give advice.

Last edited:
Years

./QUOTE]

A link to the bracket is in the first post. You can play your matches in any order, as long as each match is been played to a Best of 3 Games (so first to two head to head game wins gets the match win). Post the results here. The best record in the round robin stage will get a bye to the second round of the elimination stage since there are seven participants.

If I make a top 3 finish in the elimination stages, the prizes will be bumped down a slot based on where I finished.

You have until July 19th to play all of your matches in the round robin stage. The elimination stage will begin as soon as all of the results for the round robin stage are entered.

Also, TheRealOCD, did you get your account created for the TCGO yet?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I'd try signing up later at night when fewer Americans are likely to be online on Go. Like between 10 PM and 1 AM your local time.

Those damn Americans and their silly iPhone games...

I don't even know how to go about scheduling for a round robin lel. Completely unbiased good luck to all!

Also: switching decks between matches y/n?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
how bout setting line group so each player can reply easier n faster? that way player can make appointment for the duel easier. after the event ended u can jst disband the group.also the judge/moderator can see when we as participant duel right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
battle done betweenme
echimaru vs djdoof jst now,
i lose 2-0
djdoof is the winner

Back