• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT14 Hearthstone Tournaments

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Welcome to the Hearthstone Tournaments! Whether you are a competitive, experienced player, just looking for some friendly duels, or someone brand new to the game, there's a place for you in this event!

There are three different types of tournaments and games - click on a panel below to read more about each.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here in this thread, or message me!
[a id]up[/a id]
[alink id="basic"]
eg3TAEw.png
[/alink id] [alink id="grand"]
JNhU1k2.png
[/alink id]

[alink id="ongoing"]
H3MJn65.png
[/alink id] [alink id="brackets"]
5Bp6fMN.png
[/alink id]​

[a id]basic[/a id]

If you are new to Hearthstone or are a casual player who does not have many cards to your collection yet, this is a great place to start without having to worry that you won't be able to stand a chance against long-time players who have more Legendaries and Epic cards than you do.

As the name implies, in this tournament, only cards belonging to the Basic card set can be used. This includes all the free cards everyone starts off with in their collection, as well as the class cards you earn as you level up each Hero. If you are unsure which cards are in this set, click here to see the full Basic cards list.

You don't have to be a new or inexperienced player to sign up for this tournament! It could be refreshing to go back to basics even if you've been playing for a while.

Ready to sign up? [alink id="signup"]Click here[/alink id] to find out more about how to participate, or [alink id="up"]click here[/alink id] to check out the other game modes first! Remember, you can participate in more than one.

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="signup"]sign up[/alink id] - [alink id="grand"]grand tourney ?[/alink id]

[a id]grand[/a id]

Welcome to the Grand Tournament, champion! Put your prized decks to the test here, as any cards that are playable in the standard format are fair game in this tournament.

I encourage anyone who plays Hearthstone to join (by no means is this meant to be for "experts" only) - you are far less restricted here than in the basic tournament in terms of what cards you can play, but be warned! That also means experienced players may Legends and powerful cards here that can be tough to play against.

If you'd like to sign up, [alink id="signup"]Click here[/alink id] to find out how to participate.

Or [alink id="up"]click here[/alink id] to read up on the other game modes - you can participate in all of them if you like!

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="signup"]sign up[/alink id] - [alink id="ongoing"]ongoing games ?[/alink id]

[a id]ongoing[/a id]

If you're not interested in competing in the tournaments, but just want to participate in some friendly, unscheduled duels against fellow PCers, the Ongoing Games is perfect for you!

You do not need to sign up for this, but use the form below after each session so I can keep track of your score. You can use this thread to look for opponents and arrange games yourselves (or do this via VMs, PMs, Skype, Discord, anything - as long as you are challenging another PC member); after your duel(s), report your wins and losses here so I can tally your points, and the player with the most points at the end will receive an emblem!

Username:
Opponent's username:
Date/Time of game(s):
Win(s):
Loss(es):

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="signup"]sign up[/alink id] - [alink id="brackets"]brackets / scoring ?[/alink id]

[a id]brackets[/a id]

Brackets here

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="signup"]sign up[/alink id] - [alink id="prizes"]prizes ?[/alink id]

[a id]signup[/a id]

If you're ready to sign up for one (or both) of the tournaments, fill out the sign-up form below! The sign-up phase will last until midnight (PST) of July 11th; once it closes, I will create the bracket and pair participants off based on their availability and time zones. When the bracket goes up and you know who you're up against, go ahead and contact your opponent to find a time that works for both of you and start dueling!

You will play 3 games with your opponent and report the results back here; the winner of each match-up will advance to the next match, until one champion remains!

The sign-up form:
Username:
BattleTag:
Tournament (Basic/Grand/Both):
Timezone:
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night):​

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="prizes"]prizes[/alink id] - [alink id="brackets"]brackets / scoring ?[/alink id]

[a id]prizes[/a id]

All participants will receive this emblem:

xrM5892.png

The winners of the tournaments, and the participant who wins the most duels in ongoing games each receive a special emblem as well!

TJPmDal.png
a1JQBMd.png
JtkOhC8.png

[alink id="up"]? back to menu[/alink id] - [alink id="signup"]sign up[/alink id] - [alink id="brackets"]brackets / scoring ?[/alink id]

[alink id="up"][/alink id][alink id="signup"][/alink id][alink id="prizes"][/alink id]

Last edited:
Reactions: Del
Years
\o/

Username: Austin
BattleTag: whitemage#1481
Tournament: Both
Timezone: MST (GMT -7)
Preferred time of day for games: Afternoon/evening/night

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Username: Caaethil
BattleTag: Caaethil#2559
Tournament (Basic/Grand/Both): Both
Timezone: BST
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night): Afternoon/Evening

EU only. I'm guessing this is US. :(

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Username: Anivia
BattleTag: Diamond#1149
Timezone: GMT +8
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night): Evening/Night, which means day for most of the Western players.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Username: Wobbu
BattleTag: Wobbu#11521
Tournament (Basic/Grand/Both): both i guess even though mage beats me with his hax cards every time ;;
Timezone: EST
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night): i use the mobile app so i can make most times work but i guess any time between 12 midnight and 8AM is not gonna work lol

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ah, not sure how active I'll be able to be, but I certainly wouldn't mind trying the tournaments!

Username: Nakuzami
BattleTag: Nakuzami#1769
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night): Afternoon. I use my phone and I require wifi, which I do not have at home. I can figure out a way to connect at other times, but there would be no guarantee that I wouldn't disconnect. In the afternoons, I can at least go seek out some stable, public wifi, lol

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Username: Golgari
BattleTag: Golgari#11873
Tournaments: Both, I guess :P
Preferred time of day for games: Evening/Night work well for me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Spoiler:
Sorry for the delay, guys! Was feeling a little sick earlier, and the PC server's just been quitting on me a lot lately whenever I check it so I just didn't feel like waiting around for it.

Anyway! Originally, I was planning on doing single elimination brackets, but it just doesn't quite work out with the number of participants - since I've never hosted a tourney before I'm just kinda winging it, and now I'm thinking it might be better if I follow what the Pokemon TCG tourney is doing and start with a round robin stage?

I think it's more fun this way too - we'll all get to play each other and no one will be eliminated early and not get to play.

Generated these with Challonge:
Spoiler:

So, go ahead and contact the person you are matched up against and find a time that works for both of you - play for best 2 out of 3, then report your results here. After that, you can move on to the next round, find your next opponent and repeat when you're both ready. At the end of all 5 rounds, the players with the most wins will be the champions of the respective tournaments. Or we'll see where it goes from there - maybe the top 2 scorers of each tournament can face off to become champion at the end of the 5 rounds.

Sound good? :)

Also couldn't help but notice
Preferred time of day for games (morning/afternoon/evening/night): i use the mobile app so i can make most times work but i guess any time between 12 midnight and 8AM is not gonna work lol
That is a lie, you sleep at like 5am every day

Years
Finished all my games!

BASIC - 2-3 W/L

Won 2-0 against Nakuzami
Won 2-0 against Wobbu
Lost 1-2 against Juno
Lost 1-2 against Golgari
Lost 1-2 against solivagant

GRAND TOURNAMENT - 4-1 W/L

Won 2-1 against Juno
Won 2-0 against Wobbu
Lost 1-2 against Golgari
Won 2-1 against Nakuzami
Won 2-0 against solivagant

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
For those who have not fought me yet, my username is Wobbu#11521, just send me a request and i will accept it next time i am in the game. And when you are ready to fight, just send Juno or Austin a message (if they are convenient) or send me a message via VM (or if you see me online in battle.net just send me a challenge request). i will try to be available all day Sunday, the 17th (across various time zones).

I mean, it's 1AM now and you're still playing randoms in play mode
I am trying out new Shaman deck so this hopefully won't happen again
"Basic:
Wobbu 0 Juno 2
Wobbu 0 Mage 2

Grand:
Wobbu 0 Juno 2
Wobbu 0 Mage 2"

;;

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Basic
Won 2-0 against Anivia (Heart of the Cards op)
Won 2-1 against White Mage
Won 2-0 against Nakuzami

Grand Tournament
Won 2-1 against White Mage
Lost 2-1 against Nakuzami

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Basic
Lost 0-2 against Golgari
Lost 0-2 against Juno
Won 2-1 against Austin
Won 2-1 against Wobbu

TGT
Lost 0-2 against Austin
Won 2-0 against Juno
Won 2-0 against Wobbu

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
GRAND (1W, 3L)
Lost 2-1 against Mage
Won 2-0 against Wobbu
Lost 2-1(?) against Naku
Lost 2-0 against Weiss

BASIC (4W, 0L)
Won 2-1 against Mage
Won 2-0 against Wobbu
Won 2-0 against Naku
Won 2-0 against Weiss

Just doof left now, fite me (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Basic
Grand Tournament

Lost 2 - 0 against Austin
Lost 2 - 0 against Juno
Lost 2 - 0 against Golgari
Haven't Played solivagant
Haven't Played Wobbu
Lost 2 - 1 against Austin
Won 2 - 1 against Juno
Won 2 - 1 against Golgari
Haven't Played solivagant
Haven't Played Wobbu

Years
It's so unfortunate that I only returned to PC within the last couple of days, and missed out on all of these awesome events. But have fun and good luck to whoever has made it this far!

Back