• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(multi-gen) The Ludolocke

Years
Update One
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Just some news real quick before I post my first update:
Unfortunately, I dropped my laptop and broke the monitor. This isn't a big deal as I have a desktop, but I may get things out slower until it is fixed in about 3-4 days. I also won't have any of my footage, which is a shame, because I had some fun gifs and images, but I'll edit them in later.

Note, this is not the narrative, merely the exact things that happened to me in game.

The First Update:
Spoiler:

The Team:
Spoiler:

The Graveyard:
Spoiler:

The Plan:
Spoiler:

FFR, 'fodder' mon is the mon I'm most willing to sacrifice for a free switch as a last resort. I will never fodder my team core, which is Butterfree/Golem/Slowbro, which makes Magi/Gyara the fodder mon by default.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Thank you for letting me participate.

Trainer name - Crystal
Trainer age - 17
Trainer nature - Naive
Backstory (Short, 2 sentences-1 paragraph. Where has your character been, where are they going, and why are they going there?)
Crystal isn't really excited about being a pokemon trainer. Her parents believe shes quite vain and would like her to lose that quality. She believes becoming a pokemon trainer is beneath her. But will give it her all(in an attempt to prove her parents wrong) for a little bit at least. Maybe she'll find something she enjoys about pokemon later.(pokemon contests/coordinator)
Personality (Short, 2 sentences-1 paragraph. A concise, crash course detailing your character's personality. A list of adjectives is acceptable.
Vain, self adsorbed, Naive, Dense, Obtuse, believes shes perfect in every way.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Alright, I've got my monitor fixed.
Brew, your starter is Vulpix.
I'll have James' and Brew's sheets done tonight!

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Hello everyone!
You may have noticed that in the initial post, there is a new section detailing the rivalries between the characters. Here is what that means, exactly.
Rivalries are kind of competitions within the challenge. You should strive to outperform your rival. These performance feats are what are tracked:
  • Evolving a PKMN
  • Getting a PKMN to level 50
  • Completing the Main Challenge
  • Completing the Post Challenge
  • Keeping your Starter alive throughout the Main Challenge
  • Keeping your Starter alive throughout the Post Challenge
  • Capturing a Legendary PKMN
These feats all gain points. Performing poorly will cost you points.
There may be events where you get to compete directly against your Rival! There may be rewards if you participate in these...

For the purposes of the narrative, your characters will meet early in the story and form a relationship. It does not necessarily have to be a competitive/negative one, but they will be linked very early on. It will be up to you to choose how the relationship with your rival forms. This is all intended to increase interactivity with the challenge and the overarching narrative. I hope you enjoy this new layer of participation!

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
James:

Trainer name: James
Trainer age: 17
Trainer nature: Brave
Backstory:
James ran away from his home in Johto a few years ago because his parents wouldn't allow him to become a Pokemon Trainer. He heard Professor Oak was giving away starter pokemon and today he woke up in Viridian City in the Pokemon Center. Guess it's time to start a journey.
Personality:
Before battles will take time to plan for the fight, but sometimes forgets the plan in the heat of the moment. He is moderately funny, is a lover of bad puns, and always tries to protect his friends, even if it gets himself hurt in the process.

Starter:
Nidoran Male.

Nidoking should be taught:
• Horn Attack
• Ice Beam
• Thunderbolt
• Earthquake
• Body Slam
• Thrash, although this is a subpar option.

Nidoking should have these Pokemon as support:

One of these: (A birb or grass type to dodge ground attacks)
• Fearow
• Dodrio
• Any of the legendary birds.
• Vileplume
• Victreebell
• Eggy
• Scyther
• Gyarados
• Aero
• Dnite
One of these: (A good water type to soak those Surfs up)
• Slowbro
• Star
• Golduck
• Seadra
• Lapras
• Gyarados
• Vaporeon
• Chansey (just because shes so good in general at eating special attacks)
One of these: (A good psychic type to eat those Psychics, assuming you aren't using Slowbro/Star)
• Slowbro, ofc
• Zam
• Hypno
• Chansey, for reasons stated above
• Eggy
• Star

Ideal teams:
Nidoking/Dodrio or Fearow/Golduck or Seadra/Zam or Hypno
Nidoking/Dodrio/Slowbro or Starmie

This team needs no further coverage.

Important match ups:

1. Oaks Lab Rival: You got nothing but your starting attacking move and Leer. Compensate with Leer when Blue reduces your stats, and just wail away.
2. If you level to Horn Attack you should have no issue with the Route 22 Rival.
3. Spam Leer to -3, Horn Attack. Don't attack during Bides.
4. Nidorino and the King will be just fine with everything that isn't Hyper Fang.
5. Nido is 1hko'd by BBeam.
6. Nidoking can sweep the SS Anne Rival, not including Kadabra.
7. You should not worry about Surge's gym, only thing you fear is Sonicboom.
8) Gyarados has Hydro Pump now. Kadabra and Gyara are off limits.
9) Rocket Hideout Gio should pose no problem.
10) Avoid Erkia's gym unless you know exactly who does and doesn't have Razor Leaf.
11) Nidoking should be able to tank an Explosion from Weezing, although depending on your level, this is not 100% sure. Be careful.
12) Nidoking solos the Fighting Dojo.
13) More of the same as before for the Silph Co Rival.
14) More of the same as before for Silph Co Giovanni.
15) Nidoking has no business in Sabrina's gym.
16) Nido is mostly fine in this gym but unless you know exactly what has Fire Blast you should be very careful, it really hurts Nido and he is going to seriously struggle if burnt.
17) Nido should sweep Gio's gym.
18) Rival's team on Route 22 is pretty strong and has poor type matchups for the King.
19) Why would you bring King to fight Lorelei?
20) King solos Bruno.
21) Unless asleep, King solos Agatha. If he is put to sleep, you should immediately switch.
22) Lance's Gyarados should be avoided due to lil Pump, Aero due to his insane crit ratio.
23) The Champion Battle is the same, just more of it.
24) No.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, so, first update, almost already lost, but we still kicking bois.
Story:
Spoiler:

The team:
Spoiler:

So yeah, finally finished part one. Cya next time :)

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Crystal:

Trainer name: Crystal
Trainer age: 17
Trainer nature: Naive
Backstory:
Crystal isn't really excited about being a pokemon trainer. Her parents believe shes quite vain and would like her to lose that quality. She believes becoming a pokemon trainer is beneath her. But, to prove her parents wrong, will give it her all, to start, at least. Maybe she'll find something she enjoys about pokemon later.
Personality:
Vain, self adsorbed, Naive, Dense, Obtuse, believes shes perfect in every way.

Starter:
Vulpix

Ninetales should be taught:
  • Flamethrower
  • Fire Blast
  • Body Slam
  • Double-Edge
  • Confuse Ray
  • Reflect
  • Hyper Beam

Ninetales should have these Pokemon as Support:

One of these: (A pure Ground type to eat Rock attacks)
• Marowak
• Sandslash
• Dugtrio

One of these: (A phat water type to eat surfs)
• Slowbro
• Star
• Golduck
• Seadra
• Lapras
• Vaporeon
• Chansey is also an option here.

Ideal Team Core:
Ninetales/Marowak or Sandslash/Golduck or Seadra or Vaporeon
Ninetales/Marowak or Sandslash/Slowbro or Star

Coverage Mons:
With a pure Fire, pure Water, and pure Ground on your team, your only weakness is Ground. You can use a flying type, such as
  • Zapdos
  • Articuno
  • Moltres
  • Dodrio
  • Fearow
    to deal with ground.

Important match ups:
  1. It should be obvious what to do in Oak's Lab by now.
  2. You should have a switch in just in case Route 22's Rival Sand Attacks you to the point that you cant hit anything.
  3. Ember outdamages everything Brock has and he has no SE moves so you're fine.
  4. As long as the Cerulean City Rival doesn't have Squritile, Vulpix will solo him.
  5. There is no reason to try to get Ninetales to solo Misty's gym.
  6. Again, on the SS Anne Rival, just avoid Wartortle, and you'll be alright.
  7. Ninetales can solo Surge's gym assuming no crits ever happen, which they probably will, so have a switch in ready.
  8. Same as before for the Lavender Tower Rival.
  9. A 5hitcrit Fury Swipes will kill Ninetales from like 75% health so you probably should have someone else fight Rocket Hideout's Giovanni.
  10. Remember to bring healing items into Erika's gym and use them after every battle and Ninetales should be alright.
  11. A Sludge to Explosion from anything in Koga's gym will kill Ninetales, and an Explosion alone will kill from about 85%, so maybe avoid having Ninetales out all the time here.
  12. Ninetales solos the Fighting Dojo.
  13. If you're around level 50 by Silph Co Rival, then Ninetales will be able to tank almost everything the Rival has here, but still, be careful.
  14. You should be staying away from Gio's Ground types by now, they have more powerful moves and you are weak to Ground.
  15. Ninetales can burn everything in Sabrina's gym to death besides Alakazam.
  16. You're a Fire type in a Fire gym so you'll be alright, but you have a better mon for the job by now, hopefully. Make sure to teach Fire Blast to Ninetales after you win.
  17. You are not Charizard and do not resist Ground, so you have no place in Gio's gym.
  18. If you picked Blastoise he has Hydro Pump by Route 22, and Alakazam always knows Psychic. Otherwise, Ninetales should be able to carry you through this fight if she has a good moveset.
  19. If these mons didn't have Surf and didn't have Amnesia you'd be fine, but they do, so Ninetales should stay away from Lorelei.
  20. Ninetales solos Bruno, even though Onix has Rock Throw, his stats are awful. If you are feeling careful, switch out when Onix appears.
  21. Nothing Agatha has can touch Ninetales while she is alive.
  22. Lance has Pokemon that Ninetales should not be facing, so let someone else take the spotlight there.
  23. Ninetales has PKMN in the Champion battle that she can stand up to, but many of them have moves that will really hurt.
  24. Ninetales can indeed stand up to Mewtwo but not for long. KO or catch or run from him the moment things go south.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
I guess it's time to post an update.
Spoiler:

My team
Spoiler:

I don't really have a plan yet. We'll see what happens.

Years
Update: I have made a mistake. This is why you read the rules people. I did not realize their was a rule against using items in battle, so I have reset to before fighting Brock to fight him again. I did not lose any mons this time, but, as payment for my messup, I have decided to forfeit the mons who originally died. Let this be a warning to you all.

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Quick update, after lots of rumination, Master Ball is now banned.
If you've somehow already used it, that is fine, but from now on, it is banned.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Posting this for Brew exactly as it was written as their account still needs messages approved by a mod before posting.

Day 0.
Today started off just splendid... I got in a fight with my mother again about the same old stuff. She wants me to become a pokemon trainer... She knows I don't really have an interest in becoming a pokemon trainer. So much traveling, and walking around chasing random creatures that you're not even guaranteed to catch... Oh and that pokedex.... Can't the old 'pokemon researcher' research his own pokemon? Why does he have to nag young people like myself to do it.
Day 1.
I left the house today because I was tired of fighting. If my mother likes pokemon so much, she should become the pokemon trainer. Why is it my job.... BUT FINE.
I went to the old geezers lab and recieved a pokemon. It's a Vulpix, I thought that name was kind of boring, plus why would I want to get used to calling it Vulpix only for it to evolve later? The old fool told me my Vulpix was a girl. How he knows I don't want to know...
I renamed her Vulliby. Surprisingly she seemed to like the name.
This other trainer was there as well. He wanted to battle, what a moron. His only pokemon was a grass type.... Yeah the battle was quick. I told him to leave me alone and walked out with his money.
Day 4.
I made it to Pewter city.
First thing I did is go straight to the gym to challenge the leader.
This guy had his shift off, what is wrong with people. We battled, Vulliby took out his first pokemon. He sent out this weird rock-snake thing. I told him to give up but he attacked Vulliby. Made me a little upset he'd risk hurting her. I sent out Nidorino, and completely ruined his rock-snake. Apparently it's called an Onix.. Who cares. He gave me my badge and I walked out of his gym. Had no interest in further conversation with someone who thinks he's all that.
P.S. I'm actually starting to like Vulliby. Shes grown on me a little bit. At night when I'm forced to sleep NOT IN A BED. She curls up next to me in my sleepingbag and we both stay warm.
I won't dare try that with Nidorino, not only is he fat and ugly. But he has horns that are very pokey...

Years
My computer has crashed. Thankfully I backed up my save file, but it will be a bit before I am able to write a full update or play more.
So, slight update is I have finished up Mt. Moon with 0 new deaths. See ya next time folks

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Prolly should update #2 again I guess?
Two gyms down, nearly wiped on the lv 20 slowpoke before bill due to rng confusion and forgetting that mon doesn't know/use water attacks.
But here it goes.
(I'm actually further than this update says as I'm on my way to Rock tunnel)

Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

Graveyard
Spoiler:

I'm actually a bit further than this update write up says.
I just beat Erika and I'm now waiting for the contest of the Eevee with James and Eevee.
However that works.
But that'll prolly be taken care of by the time my post gets approved so....

Edit - Oh no more post approval. yay?

Last edited:
Years
Well, I tried to send this, but my computer was offline lol. So let's try this again, Enter Part 2
Story:
Spoiler:

The Team:
Spoiler:

Graveyard:
Spoiler:

Also, I rescind my claim on the Celadon City Eevee, so Crystal can continue her journey, and claim the Silph Co. Lapras instead.
That's all for now, see ya later

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Well, I tried to send this, but my computer was offline lol. So let's try this again, Enter Part 2
Story:
Spoiler:

The Team:
Spoiler:

Graveyard:
Spoiler:

Also, I rescind my claim on the Celadon City Eevee, so Crystal can continue her journey, and claim the Silph Co. Lapras instead.
That's all for now, see ya later

Wow, that's very nice of you.
I'm not used to nice people online.
I won't claim Eevee in future versions to allow others to play with the mon.

Last edited:
Back