• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
The Random Pokémon Challenge II
Please provide a team when you see a sign up.

In this challenge you must complete the game with a team of Pokemon. Simple, right? Here's the twist, the Pokemon you get must be selected randomly by the next poster, using a random Pokemon generator:
randompokemon.com

It's important to note that this challenge only continues running if everyone gives teams when they see signups. Nobody wants to be ignored, so when you see one, give them a team, and make sure you read their signup completely so that they get the team they want.

Rules
1. Do not give yourself a team. Post your sign up, and then the next person who posts after you spins your team.
2. You MAY hack or trade in Pokemon needed for your team.
2.1. However traded or hacked pokémon must be either level 1 either level 5 depending on the game or an egg. They must be legit and they need to be their base form- Let's say that you got Aggron, Blaziken, Breloom and Beautifly for the team- You may hack in eggs or these pokémon but
you have to hack in Aron, Torchick, Shroomish and Wurmple.
3. HM Slaves outside your normal team are allowed as long as you do not use them to battle a trainer. If they are forced out, switch off of them as soon as possible
4. Pokemon on this list are banned: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Tree#Restrictions
5. After you are given a team, you must confirm your team with your next post. Only then will you be added to the list.
6. Re-rolls may only be performed if they meet certain requirements. If your given team does not meet one of the following conditions you may not ask for a re-roll:
Spoiler:

7. In Pokemon X and Y, do not max your Pokemon's Bond in Amie. It only requires 2 hearts to evolve Sylveon. The same applies for Pokemon Refresh in Sun & Moon.

ULTIMATE RANDOM
A new fun addition I want to add, this to complete each Region (the Kanto in the Johto games does not count as Kanto, only R/B/Y/G/LG/FR do) with a Random Team. Alternatively you can take a random Kanto team and complete every region with that team, either way is great. You do not need to state that this is what you want to participate in on sign up, I will just add you along the way.

End Game
Kanto: Blue (Rival)
Johto: Red
Hoenn: Steven (R/S), Wallace (E)
Sinnoh: Cynthia
Unova: Ghetsis
Unova 2: Iris
Kalos: AZ
Alola: Champion

Forum Username:
Game Version:
Number of Pokemon: (2 Minimum)
Exclude NFEs: (Yes/No - NFEs are Not Fully Evolved)
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.)
Restrictions:

Here's an example
Forum Username: Kimborelli
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: None

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

For Archival purposes, here's the previous Random Pokemon Challenge threads: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6824976#6824976 & https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317485

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure if you want team for Emerald or if that was really just an example, so here you go... Just in case:
blaziken.png
altaria.png
shuckle.png
manectric.png
tauros.png
volbeat.png

And I think I'll give this a go again. It has been a while, since I've done one.
Forum Username: Zemanahrad
Game Version: Leaf Green
National Dex: Only for the Kanto evolutions like Crobat, Scizor...
Restrictions: Something before the 1st Gym would be nice.

Last edited:
Years
So first sign up for the new games I guess.

Game Version: Lets Go Eevee
National Dex: No
Restrictions: One pokemon pre Brock

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Signing up with a combination.

Forum Username: Zero-G
Exclude NFE: Yes
Restrictions: Mono-Water

#randommonotypes
I might go Ultimate Random in the long run.

Years
So first sign up for the new games I guess.

Game Version: Lets Go Eevee
Restrictions: One pokemon pre Brock

And I guess I'll give you the team. I found out you can get Dragonite and Dragonite on Route 2, but I don't think that would be a challenge. Enjoy:
golbat.gif
nidoking.gif
kabutops.gif
vaporeon.gif
lickitung.gif
weezing.gif

Signing up with a combination.

Forum Username: Zero-G
Exclude NFE: Yes
Restrictions: Mono-Water

#randommonotypes
I might go Ultimate Random in the long run.

And you get. I hope you can trade to evolve, if not, let me know:
ludicolo.png
kingdra.png
corsola.png
gorebyss.png
sharpedo.png
azumarill.png

Last edited:
Years
Can I just get a reroll on the poison types sorry, 3 of 1 type in a type is a little too much. I don't mind which one is swapped out (though please ensure its not for a 3rd water type.
No problem. I though it was too many Posion-Types, but let it slide. Anyway...
golbat.gif
->
ninetales.gif

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Forum Username: Coffee Jeans
Game Version: Pokemon Platinum

Years
I'll do one! I'm not hacking in pokemon or anything, so if no pokemon that are rolled for me are available from past the second badge I'd like a reroll. Also, I'd like at least five pokemon before the elite four.
Forum Username: slyfox198
Game Version: platinum
Exclude NFEs: I'm catching pokemon that are randomized for me when they are available so I'll do the earliest evolution of the pokemon
National Dex: nope
Restrictions: nope
I'd like my pokemon to be pre-nicknamed, please!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Forum Username: Coffee Jeans
Game Version: Pokemon Platinum

Heheh. So I'm guessing when you mark excluding NFEs you mean not having pokemon that are fully evolved? Alright... I rolled for ya (I'm a noob and don't know how to import gifs into this, soorry!)

Oddish
Nincada
Abra
Mankey
Ekans
Nidoran

I originally rolled oddish, ninjask, abra, primeape, arbok and nidoking so I took the pre-evos of the evolved ones.
I was surprised at the amount of gen 1 pokemon! These were full odds. Anyways, good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Heheh. So I'm guessing when you mark excluding NFEs you mean not having pokemon that are fully evolved? Alright... I rolled for ya (I'm a noob and don't know how to import gifs into this, soorry!)

Oddish
Nincada
Abra
Mankey
Ekans
Nidoran

I originally rolled oddish, ninjask, abra, primeape, arbok and nidoking so I took the pre-evos of the evolved ones.
I was surprised at the amount of gen 1 pokemon! These were full odds. Anyways, good luck!

Nah it's the opposite with NFEs, I'm excluding them so my final team will be fully evolved. I accept the team but I will be fully evolving each pokemon.

I rolled a team for you as well (and gave them nicknames), have fun!
226.gif

Santa Ray
362.gif

Shiver
340.gif

Whiskers
197.gif

Moonlight
398.gif

Tofurkey
169.gif

Batrick (You can name it Batricia if it's a girl)

Years
Nah it's the opposite with NFEs, I'm excluding them so my final team will be fully evolved. I accept the team but I will be fully evolving each pokemon.

I rolled a team for you as well (and gave them nicknames), have fun!

cool. I'm in the same boat with the NFEs, so I'll probably be catching the first evo and evolving after that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
So I actually didn't know what tofurkey was so I had to look up the definition and then look up the pronunciation! Anyways I started Platinum with the name Randy (for random) and caught myself Tofurkey the Starly after quite a few SRs to get a nature that wouldn't nerf it's attack. After overleveling Tofurkey like heck and sweeping everyone on the routes before the first cave I caught Batrick the Zubat, with a good nature this time around. I actually haven't completely played through a gen 4 game so I'm mostly in the dark but I did look at the map and saw how long it would be until I got a third pokemon- dang. I kept overleveling Tofurkey along with the slow-progressing Batrick up until the first gym. The rock gym was annoying, but using supersonic with Batrick and spamming wing attack with Tofurkey got me the win. The time between that gym and Hearthome's gym went by in a flash- now, right after beating Hearthome, I have Batrick as a Golbat and Tofurkey as a Staravia. Moonlight the Eevee will come pretty soon as well as Whiskers the Barboach (I think). Anyways, I would like to get my Black 2 team rolled so I can move onto that game once I beat Platinum. Allllrighty...
Edit: of course I'll never forget SLAVE the Bidoof. HM slaves do a hard job, I tell you. Not many pokemon are willing *cough*forced*cough* to put on that burden. Thank you, SLAVE.

Forum Username: slyfox198
Game Version: Black 2
Extra: I'd like a full team before the elite four and at least one pokemon before the second gym. No pokemon that evolve by trading, either. Lastly, I'd like the pokemon to be pre-nicknamed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
I've gotten the pokemon itch again no telling if I will complete the challenge with all the other games releasing soon but I'll try.

Forum Username: Rikk Steves
Game Version: Fire Red
Restrictions: Preferably at least one pokemon before the first badge also no legendary birds, please. You can prenickname them if you wish.

I didn't realize you were asking for another team so I rolled one for you slyfox198.

Durant- Raid
Zebstrika- Yipes
Serperior- Snellie
Sawk- Dwight
Bouffalant- Boxy Brown ( Boxy if it doesnt fit)
Liepard- Stealy

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Forum Username: AkiFromFT
Game Version: White 2
Restrictions: none

Rikk your team is
Alakazam
Arcanine
Electrode
Dugtrio
Victreebel
Butterfree
Sorry put the wrong mon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
Thanks for the team it will be a rough start but looks pretty balance once I get past only having Butterfree. Plus there are a lot of Pokemon I haven't used before so that's pretty exciting.

Here's a random team I rolled for you AkifromFT hopefully you like it and there's some Pokemon you haven't leveled before to make it more interesting for you.

Seismitoad
Ataria
Conkeldurr
Excadrill
Scoilpede
Darmanitan

Last edited:
Back