EC

Age 27
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
5,440 posts
3.3 Years
The Alola games introduced two Alolan forms of beloved Kanto Pokemon, Sandslash and Ninetales, and they were both made into ice types! Sandslash became Ice/Steel, while Ninetales became Ice/Fairy.

So the simple question for this poll is; which one is your favorite?

I'm going to go with Sandslash, because the typing is cool, and the design with all the spiky icicles is awesome.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
2,845 posts
4.8 Years
i like alolan ninetales a bit more. imo, i like ninetales a bit more. competitively, both are nightmares to use since they both have 4x weakness but Sandslash got the worst of the two. because of ice/steel, well, obviously, it won't have much fun against fighting types and fire types. at least ninetales only has one. but personally, i appreciate sandslash's badass design. and ninetales' regal design is 10/10.

Brendino

Shamouti Island
Online now
Posted 2 Days Ago
8,120 posts
9.5 Years
Steel and Ice are arguably my two favorite types, so Sandslash should be my pick, but I fell in love with Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales from the first time I saw them. On their own they're both Pokemon I love, but my vote has to go to Ninetales here.

Juno

w i n t e r

Age 24
Female
Canadia
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,156 posts
5.6 Years
I think Alolan Sandslash has a pretty interesting/clever design, certainly more interesting than its original form, but I prefer Ninetales as well!

Ash

L I A R

Seen 13 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
13,202 posts
10.9 Years
I love both of them but I'd have to go with Alolan Ninetales. How could I not after SOS Hunting for a Shiny one for my team .
the world could be tricking you right now
and you wouldn't even know it

mod - smt - vpp - nerd

Hyzenthlay

Female
PokéTrivia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
5,430 posts
6.6 Years
It's honestly a tie between them because they're both great Pokémon, so well designed in my opinion, with excellent typings. But despite owning Moon, I did get my sister to send over Alolan Vulpix for a reason! It's gorgeous. Nintetales gets my vote!
Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone.
But when all else has been forgotten, still our song lives on.
We'll hear our song and know once more...
Our love lives on.

( On reduced activity! )

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
528 posts
1.5 Years
Do you even have to ask?

Alolan Ninetales is clearly superior.

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 17 Hours Ago
4,212 posts
14.2 Years
I like Alolan Sandslash... but my vote here has to go to Alolan Ninetales. Can't beat that majestic design!

Green

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
10,862 posts
13.9 Years
Hnnn, Alolan Ninetales. It's so lovely.

왜 그래 왜 안돼
잘못한 게 우린 하나 없는데

you might know me as Drew | paired to Palamon

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
7,865 posts
8.1 Years
I like Alolan Sandslash, I really do. It was a much needed update to a somewhat mediocre Pokemon.

But.........

How can you not LOVE this gorgeous foxy friend!?!?

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
32,393 posts
11.6 Years
Ninetales. Mostly because I don't like the design of A-Sandslash much ahha, while Ninetales looks amazing :3

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,606 posts
2.8 Years
tbh I'd be surprised if alolan sandslash had even a single vote yet alone four.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
3,077 posts
6.1 Years
I fell it love with Alolan Ninetales ever since I've seen it, so I'll give my vote to it.

But I like Alolan Sandslash more and more and can't wait to shiny hunt it in my SQB Challenge in Ultra Moon.

Cid

from 2013

Age 23
Male
Philippines
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
2,791 posts
11.2 Years
I gotta vote for the underdog here, my boy Coldsteel the Hedgehog. I've always liked Sandslash better than Ninetales, and both of their Alolan variants were designed well enough that my preference carried over. It is undeniable that Alolan Ninetales is better in USUM OU, though.

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
14,687 posts
11.3 Years
Has to be Alolan Ninetales for me. I liked Ninetales to begin with, and while Snaslash is also cool it's a distinct second for me.
Advertiser Content