• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
what if you revamp from gsc? they look better than the new ones xD

I hope you read this:
Zeikku are you changing the pokedex? It needs to look less like fire red and more like Crystal and again I did something that may help you. hope it is included for beta 3! Can someone tell zeikku about this pls???
I also did another thing as well please include it if you can it took me a lot of time to do this im begging you!

I am changing the pokedex, But I'll have to respect the pointers and stuff, however i can change a fair amount of it i think.. I would wouldn't worry about anything graphical.. I do have everything covered.
:)

ohh And I just ripped Some HGSS tiles as well as improve the beta 3 tileset, and I've started inserting the new sprites onto a clean ROM, to patch to LC. Then i'll do the font change, and everything should work fine.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Finally finished the hack, can't wait for the Orange Islands, the beginning left me craving for more

Anyway here are some glitches I haven't seen stated here yet

-Chuck rematch crashes when he brings out the Psychic/Fighting Pokemon (forgot it's name)
-Ho-oh! path doesn't appear even after catching all three dogs. So no way to get Ho-Oh!
-Team Static lair in Dragon's Den. Some of the members freeze the game when you talk to them after a battle
Silph Co basement area is very glitchy! Sometimes when you go to the Pokemon menu, when you come from it your character disappears and ends up on a random part of the map!
-After Axel tells you to restore the power, if you talk to him again the game crashes! Really pissed me off rofl because I hadn't saved
-Latios starts with none of his normal moves, and instead with horrible random moves like Zap Cannon
-Similarly, Rayquaza also starts with random moves and not his normal start set.
-When you get the egg in Violet, a Bad Egg appears in your PC
-At some point in the game around the Radio Tower event (at least that's where I noticed it), another one of my PC Pokemon turned into another Bad Egg

Suggestions-
-I think you guys should use the original FR/LG TMs, just because it's a remake doesn't mean you have to remake the TMs in the same way. The TMs in G/S/C were horrible except for the elemental punches, and I missed having TMs for Brick Break and Water Pulse.

-Also the weather, while nice, gets kinda annoying especially when you're trying to leave the Orange Islands. Re-entering the Pokemon Center over and over until it turns Sunny was kinda annoying lol

-The whole Team Rocket reunion with the new leader felt kinda useless considering nothing happens with it, and the conclusion kinda felt worthless and was kinda weird and anticlamatic. Team Static was awesome however

Otherwise awesome hack, I had so much fun playing this, and I'm about to rechallenge the Kanto Gym Leaders

Last edited:

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
Freakin' awesome! I love the new pokedex. Link definatly should use it. At first glance I thought it really was the gsc pokedex.

Finally a coment came to me!!! :) thank so much for your coment and I did it trying to be as exact as it could be from gsc. I even did a revamp of cindaquil and I had to think of the idea of using the GS ball to represent rare pokemon and to make the background green to give a hint of where to catch him ;) and the dark blue to represent night.

Thank you, your comment made me continue on the ideas! (I was going to quit because Zeikku didn´t answer my previous questions :'()

Last edited:

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
I am changing the pokedex, But I'll have to respect the pointers and stuff, however i can change a fair amount of it i think.. I would wouldn't worry about anything graphical.. I do have everything covered.
:)

ohh And I just ripped Some HGSS tiles as well as improve the beta 3 tileset, and I've started inserting the new sprites onto a clean ROM, to patch to LC. Then i'll do the font change, and everything should work fine.

OK so you are going to use most of my idea? right? and another question: will the bug-catching contests be included? and will there be any HONNEN pokemons in the bug-Contest?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2012
This game is meant for VBA so LaZ can;t really help fix anything on other emulators.

Is there anyway to convert the gpSPhone .svs save file to make it compatible to the VBA and also to reconvert it back to .svs after?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
OK so you are going to use most of my idea? right? and another question: will the bug-catching contests be included? and will there be any HONNEN pokemons in the bug-Contest?

well kinda, I'm going for an original look for the pokedex, because is i just revamped a pokedex it wouldn't show much skill or effort. I think Nintendo wouldn't go for the revamp thing either.. either way, the new pokedex should be good.

I answered the Questions about bug contests a couple of pages back, In fact, if you played Liquid Crystal you would of known where the bug contest is. The warden in the national park building says it has moved to the "Orange Is....."
it's not in the current beta yet. I'm sure hoenn bug pokemon will be in the bug contest.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
could someone give link with this game because i can't find any. this one in first post is not working (crashes in the moment when I get pokegear... :/)

sorry for my english, I'm from Poland so there could be some mistakes ;)
thanks for any answers :)
have a nice day :)

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
well kinda, I'm going for an original look for the pokedex, because is i just revamped a pokedex it wouldn't show much skill or effort. I think Nintendo wouldn't go for the revamp thing either.. either way, the new pokedex should be good.

I answered the Questions about bug contests a couple of pages back, In fact, if you played Liquid Crystal you would of known where the bug contest is. The warden in the national park building says it has moved to the "Orange Is....."
it's not in the current beta yet. I'm sure hoenn bug pokemon will be in the bug contest.

OK! finally some answers!:P and will you put the big pokecenters in the big cities and in the orange islands? it could add more realism to the game and also did you read my post about the radio/TV card? I hope you read it Zeikku! and about my pokedex it is NOT a revamp, only the cindaquil is a revamp and is made by me.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
OK! finally some answers!:P and will you put the big pokecenters in the big cities and in the orange islands? it could add more realism to the game and also did you read my post about the radio/TV card? I hope you read it Zeikku! and about my pokedex it is NOT a revamp, only the cindaquil is a revamp and is made by me.

We don't have tileset space for Big pokecenters, but we'll change the center tiles anyways.. Pokemon games do NOT need realism, and let's face it graphics aren't really LC's Weak point right guys?

TV/ Radio card will be integrated somehow (later on), Thinking about it though...I think It was either Hackmew or Kike-Scott who had the radio system working in a room in their Remakes, it could be integrated into and item I think. But again we'll wait and see. I know your pokedex wasn't a revamp but it's lacking too much colors to be called "advanced" in my opinion (No offense). I'll have a go at changing everything, I have a list of my stuff to change.

I figured out something with the intro movie, which i'll show in month or so. I've also decided to change most of tileset 1 and will change 252 sprites. As well as changing trainer sprites, the hero backsprites which will be made by me, fixing animations maybe including weather effects, fonts, intro sprites and palettes and fixing up maps a little to suit tiles better, I pay play around with text boxes and do the battle backgrounds.

In order of priority i'll do:-
Tilesets
Sprites
Map edits
Backsprites
Intro sprites
Palette edits
Animation/ Weather fixes
Textboxes
fonts
battle backgrounds
Intro Movie

I also changed how the Box PC looks today.
I may hold back on updates for a while, but I AM working on Liquid Crystal, as well as my surprise. :)
I'll keep you posted

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
We don't have tileset space for Big pokecenters, but we'll change the center tiles anyways.. Pokemon games do NOT need realism, and let's face it graphics aren't really LC's Weak point right guys?

TV/ Radio card will be integrated somehow (later on), Thinking about it though...I think It was either Hackmew or Kike-Scott who had the radio system working in a room in their Remakes, it could be integrated into and item I think. But again we'll wait and see. I know your pokedex wasn't a revamp but it's lacking too much colors to be called "advanced" in my opinion (No offense). I'll have a go at changing everything, I have a list of my stuff to change.

I figured out something with the intro movie, which i'll show in month or so. I've also decided to change most of tileset 1 and will change 252 sprites. As well as changing trainer sprites, the hero backsprites which will be made by me, fixing animations maybe including weather effects, fonts, intro sprites and palettes and fixing up maps a little to suit tiles better, I pay play around with text boxes and do the battle backgrounds.

In order of priority i'll do:-
Tilesets
Sprites
Map edits
Backsprites
Intro sprites
Palette edits
Animation/ Weather fixes
Textboxes
fonts
battle backgrounds
Intro Movie

I also changed how the Box PC looks today.
I may hold back on updates for a while, but I AM working on Liquid Crystal, as well as my surprise. :)
I'll keep you posted

Thank you for your time to answer my questions and it´s great because I too, think that some of the pokedex needs more color but it was that way in the good old G/SC doesn´t it? also the inside of the houses needs to be fixed and (or) revamped

Can I continue posting ideas and stuff. Who knows... they say 2 heads think bettter than 1 :D?.

the intro and battle backgrounds should have a higher priority, the hacks that I have played so far none has battle backgrounds and will you use the one that I send to you?
and will we be seeing this for beta 3? pls answer soon!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Thank you for your time to answer my questions and it´s great because I too, think that some of the pokedex needs more color but it was that way in the good old G/SC doesn´t it? also the inside of the houses needs to be fixed and (or) revamped

Can I continue posting ideas and stuff. Who knows... they say 2 heads think bettter than 1 :D?.

the intro and battle backgrounds should have a higher priority, the hacks that I have played so far none has battle backgrounds and will you use the one that I send to you?
and will we be seeing this for beta 3? pls answer soon!

Intro and battle backgrounds arent a priority. because:-
1. Intro is easily changed
2. battle backgrounds will have an error which i'll have to fix eventually.

And no i think I'll use D/P battle Backgrounds, but I'm not sure.
and Yes all of the priority list will be done for beta 3.

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
Intro and battle backgrounds arent a priority. because:-
1. Intro is easily changed
2. battle backgrounds will have an error which i'll have to fix eventually.

And no i think I'll use D/P battle Backgrounds, but I'm not sure.
and Yes all of the priority list will be done for beta 3.

please use the one that I send to you I find it better and a lot more original than the D/P and also will you make my menu frame for beta 3?
And don´t remove weather please only fix it. THANK YOU!

Or use the one that I send to you AND D/P

jps101

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm playing the latest beta at the mo, and i was wondering if you've made it so that pokemon that evolve by trades, item trades and happiness trades evolve differently (e.g eevee to umbreon via moon stone or Scyther to Scizor at lvl 40)

Oh. And I've just got to pallet. Not sure if it's a bug or mt patch is nuts, but I can't go into Daisy's house, when I do, the screen goes black with loads of random blotches of colour.

But still a great game. Team Static are wierd.

Oh! And I loved the battle against you. Zeikku was just...erm....wierd. Magikarp...lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
I seem to be having some issues in post-Team Static defeat at the Dragons' Den in that the game freezes immediately when you speak to Claire outside the house. The Icicle Badge obtained from Pryce also has vanished and has been rep[laced with a "fake" rising badge (being that I'm still unable to use waterfall), if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back