• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

No, it isn't updated anymore.

I haven't been here for a very long time, but I wanted to ask a question:
Is there a bug in the game where there are Trainers with the same repeating PKMN?

If so, then I think this hack needs updating, if that's what the fans wish.

Also, I wanted to ask you all: Is there anybody who thinks that Snakebyte's translation is boring and needs some minor changes with the dialogues?

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Is there a bug in the game where there are Trainers with the same repeating PKMN?

If so, then I think this hack needs updating, if that's what the fans wish.

Also, I wanted to ask you all: Is there anybody who thinks that Snakebyte's translation is boring and needs some minor changes with the dialogues?

Yes. It's bored to hear same dialogue before battle.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Hello, can anyone help me, i don't know where is "Name Rater" the guy who can rename your Pokemon?

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
I agree. That's the translator's problem, right? He should try and make the dialogues more interesting and make the players feel like the hack is worth playing.

Yes, I think of that too. Well, maybe you can translate it, SP?

Hello, can anyone help me, i don't know where is "Name Rater" the guy who can rename your Pokemon?

The name-rater is in Drakebreath City.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Yes, I think of that too. Well, maybe you can translate it, SP?[/COLOR]

There is a faster way of accomplishing this task: Edit the current English version.

Also, I've heard that some people wanted to have Glaceon, Leafeon and some other Sinnoh PKMN in this hack. Is that right?

Oh, and I also heard that the current version does not have decapitalization, nor does it have its Pokédex entries edited. Is that also correct?

Let me ask everyone. In what aspects does this hack needs improving?

In addition, has anyone figured out that some city names are misspelled?
'Dardusk City' --> Darkdusk City

'Drakebreath City' --> Dragonbreath City

The other city names are fine, I guess.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
There is a faster way of accomplishing this task: Edit the current English version.

Also, I've heard that some people wanted to have Glaceon, Leafeon and some other Sinnoh PKMN in this hack. Is that right?

Oh, and I also heard that the current version does not have decapitalization, nor does it have its Pokédex entries edited. Is that also correct?

I have no issues with any editing of the text in a minor way to add more variety... Or the Pokedex entries, as that is welcome.

But I do have issue if you choose to change the Pokemon available or the like. Wesley chose them to be available like this himself. Editing this is just wrong really. I'd say leave it like it is.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years

In addition, has anyone figured out that some city names are misspelled?
'Dardusk City' --> Darkdusk City

'Drakebreath City' --> Dragonbreath City

The other city names are fine, I guess.

I think :
- Wild Pokemon
- Trainer's Pokemon and Dialogue
- PokeDex Entries

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
It would be great if this hack is a little harder. For example, trainers and Gym leaders Pokemons can have higher levels.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I have no issues with any editing of the text in a minor way to add more variety... Or the Pokedex entries, as that is welcome.

But I do have issue if you choose to change the Pokemon available or the like. Wesley chose them to be available like this himself. Editing this is just wrong really. I'd say leave it like it is.

Sure. The PKMN available should be left untouched. I totally agree.

I think :
- Wild Pokemon
- Trainer's Pokemon and Dialogue
- PokeDex Entries

If some Trainers have their PKMN repeated, then maybe it's better to edit them. However, the wild PKMN data should be left untouched. They are there for a reason, you see.

If the Trainer dialogues are repeated, editing them should give the hack a better taste.

Years
For a progress update on Light Platinum X, I'll begin working on it next month. Hopefully it will take a little while to complete as in two weeks, I've got to come up with ideas on what levels trainer's Pokemon need to be and wild Pokemon. Also you will be able to get the Mt. Draken Pokemon in Mt. Sheum since it's a fitting place for dragon Pokemon, probably. The difficulty will be like Pokemon Black and White 2's but more challenging. There might be a LPZ version that's easy like Gold and Silver, but I'll wait until after Light Platinum X is complete first.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's not a bug but yes, I guess there are trainers with repeated Pokémon.

And by the way, since SBP wants to make LP X, why don't you add your ideas to his hack instead of Snake's version.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
The name rater is not in Drakebreath city.. he is inside Seanport City inside the house to the right of PokeCenter. I double confirm that coz I am writing a walkthrough of it.

Thank you, no wander i couldn't find him in Drakebreath City he was in different town.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I'm sorry for this probably spam-post but come on, you already have and english release of this hack and yet most of you want a more updated translate with just more variety in the text and some of you blame snakebyte for just translating? However, maybe SP and SBP like Ash said could just work together and make the Light Platinum X version and make it more challenging, with Wesleys permission of course.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm sorry for this probably spam-post but come on, you already have and english release of this hack and yet most of you want a more updated translate with just more variety in the text and some of you blame snakebyte for just translating? However, maybe SP and SBP like Ash said could just work together and make the Light Platinum X version and make it more challenging, with Wesleys permission of course.

A translator's duty is to ensure that the dialogues are not boring. And also, since SBP is going to do his project next month, I should be able to get the new dialogues done before that.

Although I have my own version, it has a deadly bug - the black screen. However, the current English version doesn't have it.
As I've said before, all I'm going to do is edit the repeated Trainer dialogues and Pokédex entries, and do the decapitalization. That's it. I'm not going to do anything else.

About editing the levels of PKMN and stuff related to that, I'll leave it to SBP. After all, it's his idea of doing so.

So, my idea is that I'll do the edits, and after that, SBP will do his edits based on my edited version.

It's not a bug but yes, I guess there are trainers with repeated Pokémon.

And by the way, since SBP wants to make LP X, why don't you add your ideas to his hack instead of Snake's version.

I will base my edits on the current English version because if I add them to SBP's version, I would have to wait for a month to do so.

However, if it's the other way around, then it will be done much quicker.

Back