• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Regional Pokedex numbers have been included for a long time, but I didn't write any support functions for them. Now I've done so. Put the code below in the script section PokemonUtilities, and read the comments to learn how to use these functions.
Code:
def pbGetRegionalNumber(region, nationalSpecies)
 # Gets the regional Pokedex number of
 # the national species for the specified region.
 # The parameter "region" is zero-based.  For
 # example, if two regions are defined, they would
 # each be specified as 0 and 1.
 if nationalSpecies<=0 || nationalSpecies>PBSpecies.getCount
  # Return 0 if national species is outside range
  return 0
 end
 pbRgssOpen("Data/regionals.dat","rb"){|f|
  numRegions=f.fgetw
  numDexDatas=f.fgetw
  if region>=0 && region<numRegions
   f.pos=4+region*numDexDatas*2
   f.pos+=nationalSpecies*2
   return f.fgetw
  end
 }
 return 0
end

def pbGetNationalNumber(region, regionalSpecies)
 # Gets the national Pokedex number of
 # the specified species and region.
  numRegions=f.fgetw
  numDexDatas=f.fgetw
   # "i" specifies the national species
   for i in 0...numDexDatas
    regionalNum=f.fgetw
    if regionalNum==regionalSpecies
     return i
    end
   end
  end
 }
 return 0
end

def pbAllRegionalSpecies(region)
 # Gets an array of all national species
 # within a regional Pokedex, sorted by
 # regional Pokedex number.
 # The number of items in the array should be
 # the number of species in the regional Pokedex plus
 # 1, since index 0 is considered to be empty.
 ret=[0]
  numRegions=f.fgetw
  numDexDatas=f.fgetw
   # "i" specifies the national species
   for i in 0...numDexDatas
    regionalNum=f.fgetw
    ret[regionalNum]=i if regionalNum!=0
   end
   # Replace unspecified regional
   # numbers with zeros
   for i in 0...ret.length
    ret[i]=0 if !ret[i]
   end
  end
 }
 return ret
end

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
is there any way to use the scripts for the battle system on the website on projects page in an mmorpg maker? I cant get a server to work with my version and I would like to make a mmorpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
is there a way to turn off the national dex, and on the regional dex (or plurl)

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
I have a quick question. Using the updated script, is there a way to use D/P sprites and graphics? I'm making a game and I want to use D/P sprites and screens.. using the script, is there a way to input the D/P graphics in instead of what is there?

Thank you in advance. ^^

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, but you may wanna edit the scripts so everything fits in well.

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Aw man... I suck at editing scripts... in fact, I suck at scripts in general... xDD

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Actually, DP sprites are really easy to add. But depending on how 'nice' you want them to look, you'll need to use Photoshop or something like it though. But updating them takes some time. But basically all you need to do is find the sprite you want to use, make sure the background is transparent, enlarge it to the same size as the sprites being used already(128x128 for me), then save it over the older sprite in the graphics folder. The interface and menus though might be a little more tricky to do..

I found it best though to just only upgrade the sprites you have in game currently and worry about the others later... Instead of doing 493 different pokemon and a bunch of trainers all at the same. Not to mention for pokemon you keep better track of which ones you need to add into the wild still.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You can resize them to 160x160 to keep the quality, but then they'll look a bit too large in-game.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2011
Hola me gustaria saber como puedo poner que se pueda realizar las MO, como cortar, sufear, etc, solo y cuando se tenga la medalla correspondiente, porque empesar el juego ya surfeando sin pokemon con esa mo ni la mo en concreto como que no pega xD, espero respuestas gracias

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Hola me gustaria saber como puedo poner que se pueda realizar las MO, como cortar, sufear, etc, solo y cuando se tenga la medalla correspondiente, porque empesar el juego ya surfeando sin pokemon con esa mo ni la mo en concreto como que no pega xD, espero respuestas gracias

ummmm...translation anybody?

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
He wants to know how to make the player surf, cut, or use any other hm's with the corresponding badges.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Script PokemonField, at the top. In Debug mode you can use HMs without the badges, but when you play it with the Game.exe, you won't have that problem.

*Google Translate*

Script PokemonField, en la parte superior. En el modo de depuración puede utilizar MOs sin las medallas, pero cuando juegas con el Game.exe, usted no tendrá ese problema.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey i have problem, when i select a healing spot to pokecenter then if i lose the battle i teleport to house, someone can help?

UltramasterBDX

German Romhacker
Years
Hey,

i have a question.
How can i edit the colors from the day & night change?
I searched around the scripts, but I can't find it.

Sorry for the "stupid" question, xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I've added an entry to the documentation in response:
The script section PokemonUtilities contains an array called HourlyTones, which specifies
the screen tints for each hour of the day (in the 24-hour clock), where the first item of
the array specifies the tint for hour 0 (midnight). Each entry has the form "Tone.new(Red,Green,Blue,Gray)", where Red, Green, and Blue specify the change to the intensity of each color on the screen (from -255 to 255, 0 means no change), and Gray specifies the saturation of each color on the screen (0 means fully saturated, and 255 means fully desaturated).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Also, the "online trade system" is unsupported, it is very difficult to test such a system without a different server than the one available. Programmers who want to build a server compatible with the "online trade system" should follow the protocol that comes with Pokemon Essentials.

Since the provided Netplay server doesn't seem to work for most people (if not everyone), there won't be any progress with the online until a new server system is made. I don't think poccil is up to the job, unfortunately.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I don't know of this has already been asked but I'm trying to get Mode7 to work with Pokemon Essentials to give it a D/P look, but it doesnt seem to work. I cannot give links to other forums but just search Neo Mode 7 script in Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back