• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Portugese working well, but the english beta 1 always had a white screen.
I couldn't play it.

How can i play it in my VBA and my gPSP(GBA emulator for PSP)??
Just a white screen.

I get a white screen, then crashes.
My Ruby base is clean, and unused.
I Patched english beta, then White Screen of death in my VBA.
White Screen Also occurs in my GPSP, GBA for PSP.

How can i fix it?
I wanna play it in my PSP.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Portugese working well, but the english beta 1 always had a white screen.
I couldn't play it.

How can i play it in my VBA and my gPSP(GBA emulator for PSP)??
Just a white screen.

I get a white screen, then crashes.
My Ruby base is clean, and unused.
I Patched english beta, then White Screen of death in my VBA.
White Screen Also occurs in my GPSP, GBA for PSP.

How can i fix it?
I wanna play it in my PSP.

Try This It Helps me run englsih beta 2 of light platinum on my psp..
well....aint working on gpsp....too bad...i got white screen, and on that emulator i cant change to 128k....well i aint going to play it after all

""wow i found which is the problem.....Wesley modified the header of the rom, and the emulator dont recognize it as a ruby rom so it cant determine the save size and it uses the default of 64k....which results in a white screen.

Here is what i did, downloaded this tool GBA-Header tool v1.0

loaded pokemon light platinum already patched on a ruby 1.0 rom, selected COPY HEADER, and copied the header from the original Pokemon Ruby 1.0...

Then Download VBA Then On Option Emulator-Save type-Flash 128k Then Reset the VBA..You Will Able To Play It On VBA and GBSP

I hope it helps those who want it to play it on psp, or maybe on a mobile phone."

Thanx To PTSHADY..hope it help..

Years
Again, adding relationships between characters or adding additional backstory would be changing/altering the original plot and in-game history developed by Wesley. If I may quote what was stated earlier:

Adding a marriage would be changing the game's script, yes? If nothing else, you are changing the history or background of a character. Even your partner seems to think that an addition like that is too much, and for good reason if Wesley's stance has not changed.

I assume Wesley decided that the amount of character development he added to the hack he created was sufficient, hence why it is not to be touched. If this has changed, it would be nice if an amendment to Wesley's statement could be posted to end confusion surrounding the issue.

Wesley's Statement:
MY RETURN

Hello everyone
I am writing now to justify myself for many things and apologize, in these last few days (weeks and months) have not had time even to breathe in my real life I'm in my final year of college and things are very complicated.

But as I had promised everyone the final beta was already available for download so I was not worried about the fans of this game for the downloadable version was already available.

And actually I gave freedom to the translators SARCASTIC PRINCE and ASH493 alter (change) the names of coaches and coordinating the bugs for the version in ENGLISH.

I have much to thank and give credit to these two for keeping this thread alive and responding to people, and conceguir do their jobs with maximum perfection.

I really give them freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )

This is of course going by what was most recently posted by Wesley surrounding the issue. If anything has changed since then, it would be nice if proof or even a statement could be brought forward in order to end confusion.

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
This is of course going by what was most recently posted by Wesley surrounding the issue. If anything has changed since then, it would be nice if proof or even a statement could be brought forward in order to end confusion.

If that really is the latest one, then SP would be going against the original artistic licence Wesley gave them, right?

Im kinda unsure on how all this stuff works, but it sounds like they're changing something Wesley didnt say they could.

Years
thank u SP and ash for lowering the difficulty! i would hate to have the game so hard that i have to use ruby cheats:/ that makes it too easy beating something that is hard. id rather give a little effort! I cannot wait for this english release. I was told that it'll be released early july but i guess not..? it's hard having to wait so long when u have no idea when it's going to be released!! i doubt wesley and SP and ash are going to disappoint though when this game is finally released. itll be worth ittttt

Years
"Nope, it's going to be easier."

So SP, gonna lower the AI level and not max them? Since that is what will make this hack harder. And your not going to make every gym leader have six pokemon, along with not giving the teams overpowered movesets, including the steam admins?

Last edited:
Years
I'd rather play Light Platinum harder with 6 Pokemon on Gym Leaders, Rivals, Steam Admins, Elite Four etc. It seems way too easy for me. Also you could have everyone in the World Championship use Level 100 Pokemon since it seems better that way.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Ugh.

I've posted in this thread before, and in all honesty I'm probably NOT on SP's side on this, but this is just getting troublesome.

Could we, perhaps, refrain from judging things until we actually have a release in our hands? I, for one, really want to play this game in english, and I'm sure things would go faster if SP was left to do what he's doing rather than arguing in here every time I look. I'm likely going to critique the **** out of the final version once it exists (or not, who knows? It doesn't exist yet) but in the meantime I just want a release.

SP: I'd be more than willing to help with names, but would you mind PMing/VMing them to me, so I don't have to dig through dozens of pages of this thread? I'll whatever I come up with back here eventually, so other people can comment.

...Anyone: What even are the profanity rules here? Should I be saying '****', even in fairly unoffensive contexts like that? >_>

EDIT: I guess the profanity filter answers that question! :D

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'd rather play Light Platinum harder with 6 Pokemon on Gym Leaders, Rivals, Steam Admins, Elite Four etc. It seems way too easy for me. Also you could have everyone in the World Championship use Level 100 Pokemon since it seems better that way.

Well, I'm not that far from the hack yet, so the PKMN levels in the World Championship will be decided later.

"Nope, it's going to be easier."

So SP, gonna lower the AI level and not max them? Since that is what will make this hack harder. And your not going to make every gym leader have six pokemon, along with not giving the teams overpowered movesets, including the steam admins?

Nope. If I do that, then our players will not get enough EXP to fight the Gym Leaders and E4.

thank u SP and ash for lowering the difficulty! i would hate to have the game so hard that i have to use ruby cheats:/ that makes it too easy beating something that is hard. id rather give a little effort! I cannot wait for this english release. I was told that it'll be released early july but i guess not..? it's hard having to wait so long when u have no idea when it's going to be released!! i doubt wesley and SP and ash are going to disappoint though when this game is finally released. itll be worth ittttt

Actually, I'm the one who decided to do all the editing. Meanwhile, Ash is the person who helps me clean up the hack's errors. But he's still my loyal partner. I don't really know whether the hack's current difficulty is supposed to be easy, hard or moderate. That's because I concentrated more on the translation rather that the PKMN's levels. (I progressed through the hack quickly with Max Stats cheatcode) Also, the PKMN's levels are not the main priority for now.

But I really don't know when the English version of this hack will be released.
I won't say it because I will get a lot of unnecessary replies.

Again, adding relationships between characters or adding additional backstory would be changing/altering the original plot and in-game history developed by Wesley. If I may quote what was stated earlier:

OK, even guys like you need to treated with patience.
Have you realized that what I'm merely doing as the co-creator will not
alter the core storyline? Wesley said that I cannot do that. But what I'm doing is not like that. That just won't happen. You get it? When I release the English version of this, you'll understand why I said this.

If that really is the latest one, then SP would be going against the original artistic licence Wesley gave them, right?

Im kinda unsure on how all this stuff works, but it sounds like they're changing something Wesley didnt say they could.

That guy just doesn't seem to know what's talking about.
What Wesley meant by "Since you're not modifying my original story"
is that I cannot edit his core story, but that doesn't mean
that I cannot edit some minor stuff that wouldn't affect the core story of the hack at all. I don't see why adding a few background stories in the Gym Leaders will affect the core story.

It's not that I'm making the player go around a few more circles in order to get to the next event...

Ugh.

I've posted in this thread before, and in all honesty I'm probably NOT on SP's side on this, but this is just getting troublesome.

Could we, perhaps, refrain from judging things until we actually have a release in our hands? I, for one, really want to play this game in english, and I'm sure things would go faster if SP was left to do what he's doing rather than arguing in here every time I look. I'm likely going to critique the **** out of the final version once it exists (or not, who knows? It doesn't exist yet) but in the meantime I just want a release.

SP: I'd be more than willing to help with names, but would you mind PMing/VMing them to me, so I don't have to dig through dozens of pages of this thread? I'll whatever I come up with back here eventually, so other people can comment.

...Anyone: What even are the profanity rules here? Should I be saying '****', even in fairly unoffensive contexts like that? >_>

EDIT: I guess the profanity filter answers that question! :D

Actually, the patch is not on my hands for now. I still need to wait for Ash to do the cleaning up. (That means, waiting for him to fix up the errors)

So, whether I'm arguing on this thread with other people or not will not affect/slow down the progress.

Oh, and the names are sent to your profile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
The game is already easy enough why are you making it even easier? Man no wonder the translation is taking so long, you're doing all these unneccessary changes instead of just translating it to English. You're trying to make it "your version" instead of just giving us what we want -_-. A bug tested English version, that's all we want

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The game is already easy enough why are you making it even easier? Man no wonder the translation is taking so long, you're doing all these unneccessary changes instead of just translating it to English. You're trying to make it "your version" instead of just giving us what we want -_-. A bug tested English version, that's all we want

Easy...? That's just your opinion. And also, like what I've said, these minor stuff won't slow down the progress. Ash is currently fixing up the bugs that are originally in the hack. Tifa Luv, I have to warn you that you should mind your own words. The translation on a long game like LP isn't going to be done within a click. How easy is it? I didn't even test it out yet.

Oh, so is adding 6 PKMN to all of the Gym Leaders (Except for the first Gym Leader in Zheri) and to all of the important characters easy? Nope.

I'm reducing the E4 + Champion's PKMN levels because they're way too high for this stage.

Years
"Nope. If I do that, then our players will not get enough EXP to fight the Gym Leaders and E4."

Giving every important trainer max AI, will that make it easier, uhm no it won't. Giving those same trainers overpowered move sets for their pokemon, that is not making it easier either, but I have a thought of how to implement it in a way better way than what you have in mind imo, please read #3 for my suggestion, that number is what to me will make the said changes you want to do more fair in my mind.

1. If you want to make this game easier, one way is to raise the levels of the wild pokemon and edit the trainers on the routes between every city and make those trainers slightly tougher like give them 3-5 pokemon each as well, and even better add extra trainers and I know your allowed to since Wes gave you control on editing the game.

2. Myself though, I would edit the gym leaders pokemon levels and the elite 4 pokemon levels. That would be a decent way to make the hack easier.

3. Another suggestion is slowly up the AI throughout the game, but without giving the gym leaders pokemon mega powerful move sets nor giving them all six pokemon in the very beginning of the game and give each gym a special set of status infecting moves, I would say the first trainers with max AI should be the elite 4 and champion in the first region, and lower the AI slightly for the 2nd region then repeat the Max AI for the next set of Elite 4 and the same thing to the world championship make them max AI. For Gym leaders, increase their parties to six around badge 4 badges into the game. This paragraph I say is my favorite suggestion regarding the difficulty of the game, because I don't want to start a game that is very hard right at the get go of the game.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
"Nope. If I do that, then our players will not get enough EXP to fight the Gym Leaders and E4."

Giving every important trainer max AI, will that make it easier, uhm no it won't. Giving those same trainers overpowered move sets for their pokemon, that is not making it easier either, but I have a thought of how to implement it in a way better way than what you have in mind imo, please read #3 for my suggestion, that number is what to me will make the said changes you want to do more fair in my mind.

1. If you want to make this game easier, one way is to raise the levels of the wild pokemon and edit the trainers on the routes between every city and make those trainers slightly tougher like give them 3-5 pokemon each as well, and even better add extra trainers and I know your allowed to since Wes gave you control on editing the game.

2. Myself though, I would edit the gym leaders pokemon levels and the elite 4 pokemon levels. That would be a decent way to make the hack easier.

3. Another suggestion is slowly up the AI throughout the game, but without giving the gym leaders pokemon mega powerful move sets nor giving them all six pokemon in the very beginning of the game and give each gym a special set of status infecting moves, I would say the first trainers with max AI should be the elite 4 and champion in the first region, and lower the AI slightly for the 2nd region then repeat the Max AI for the next set of Elite 4 and the same thing to the world championship make them max AI. For Gym leaders, increase their parties to six around badge 4 badges into the game. This paragraph I say is my favorite suggestion regarding the difficulty of the game, because I don't want to start a game that is very hard right at the get go of the game.

Hmm... I've been working on some extra random Trainers. These Trainers will only battle if you interact with them, and they will have 6 PKMN but all of their PKMN will not have high AI level. After all, they're only random Trainers.

I might consider your idea, but before that happens, I need to finish up the translation before I make a run through the hack.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I've VMed most or all of these to SP, but here's what I've come up with so far for the rest of the thread. SP has already said he's altering one or two of them, but I'll just post what I had.

Gym Leaders:
#1 - Rock (Female): Rochelle
#2 - Flying (Female): Cirocco
#3 - Fighting (Female): Marsha
#4 - Fire (Male): Cole
#5 - Normal (Male): Malcolm
#6 - Poison (Male): Quill
#7 - Psychic (Male):
#8 - Steel (Female): Stella (This was Wes's, but it works alright and I can't come up with anything better)

Elite Four:
#1 - Poison (Female): Belladonna
#2 - Normal (Male): Reginald or Reggie
#3 - Flying (Female):
#4 - Dragon (Female):

Champion (Male): Victor

The only things I'm coming up with for Psychic are really awful puns, I think Will may have been the only good name there. All I've got for flying is Avice, which fits, but isn't remotely common and most people are just going to think it's a typo for Alice. And I don't even know where to start for dragons.

Oh wait... I'm going to kill myself for this later and I know this isn't exactly English... but Sora for the flying elite four member.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've VMed most or all of these to SP, but here's what I've come up with so far for the rest of the thread. SP has already said he's altering one or two of them, but I'll just post what I had.

Gym Leaders:
#1 - Rock (Female): Rochelle
#2 - Flying (Female): Cirocco
#3 - Fighting (Female): Marsha
#4 - Fire (Male): Cole
#5 - Normal (Male): Malcolm
#6 - Poison (Male): Quill
#7 - Psychic (Male):
#8 - Steel (Female): Stella (This was Wes's, but it works alright and I can't come up with anything better)

Elite Four:
#1 - Poison (Female): Belladonna
#2 - Normal (Male): Reginald or Reggie
#3 - Flying (Female):
#4 - Dragon (Female):

Champion (Male): Victor

The only things I'm coming up with for Psychic are really awful puns, I think Will may have been the only good name there. All I've got for flying is Avice, which fits, but isn't remotely common and most people are just going to think it's a typo for Alice. And I don't even know where to start for dragons.

Oh wait... I'm going to kill myself for this later and I know this isn't exactly English... but Sora for the flying elite four member.

Thanks, Snakebyte. I've considered many of your suggestions,
and here are my results in the new names.

Lauren Leaders:
#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta)
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi)
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima)
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore)
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka)
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo)
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentala Fu)
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan)

Lauren Elite Four:
#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo)
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcam Haruka)
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi)
#4 Elite Four: Dragon
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
...I was going to be done, but I had one more thought. If you're going to change Stella, why not use Estelle?

Years
see this kinda scares me because i really hope that this hack translation is released before aug 14th, that's when i start school and i want it all settled and whatnot, loaded onto my gpSP emulator and everything so i can play the game whenever i get some free time:/ I REALLY HOPE IT'S RELEASE BEFORE MID-AUGUSTTTTTTTT

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I know this will be in vain but I'll post it anyway.
I'm really NOT with SP in the topic of all changes he did because in my eyes he's slowly changing hack into his own with his own ideals.
But you WON'T make him stop, that's something I know.
So by telling him all the criticism you won't accomplish anything...
Unfortunately he's one that won't change his mind just because everyone complains... that's just the way he is.

Back