• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
As far as the whole "I'll pray for you" response, it all depends on what they're praying for you for. If they're praying that you'll turn straight, I would be highly offended and walk away. If they're praying that you won't get harassed or assaulted for being gay, then I would be thankful.

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
As far as the whole "I'll pray for you" response, it all depends on what they're praying for you for. If they're praying that you'll turn straight, I would be highly offended and walk away. If they're praying that you won't get harassed or assaulted for being gay, then I would be thankful.

That person is probably praying for the said homosexual to become heterosexual by some magic of "God."

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've had multiple people tell me they'd pray for me. One was a guy and..well, let's just say my fist did not do pleasant things to his face. ^-^;

The girls, I just laughed at them and spread rumors that they slept with a bunch of guys. I was a nice person in 9th grade. >_>

Welcome to all new members! :3
See, that's what I was talking about... whether you like their methods or not, they still just want to help you. I think it would be better just to explain to them how offensive it is, and try and convince them not to do it, rather than hurt them.

But that's just me.

(I'm a very very pacifistic guy though... I feel sick if I accidentally kill a bug. >.>)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
See, that's what I was talking about... whether you like their methods or not, they still just want to help you. I think it would be better just to explain to them how offensive it is, and try and convince them not to do it, rather than hurt them.

But that's just me.

(I'm a very very pacifistic guy... I feel sick if I accidentally kill a bug. >.>)

They weren't trying to help me, they were trying to insult me. They didn't say it in a caring voice, they said it more in a "Ew, what the hell is wrong with you? You're going to hell!" tone.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I saw a hilarious scene in Tales of Phantasia, and it made me wonder: if a female was affected by a love potion and fell in love with another female, would that be lesbian or just controlling?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Realistically speaking, sexuality is determined by sexual attraction. You can be sexually attracted to the same sex and be romantically involved with one of the opposite sex, but you'd still be a homosexual. Unless they develop some sort of sexual attraction for them, which can happen, then it wouldn't mean that they were a lesbian.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Thing is, it's hard to tell if she's actually in love or if that's from the love potion. It's a funny scene, I think it's on Youtube.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Found the video. The sidequest starts with Arche (pink hair) talking to a fortune teller who tells her she's in danger if she doesn't do nice things for people. So she gets her friend Suzu (brown hair) and do favors for people. This is one of the endings. If you do a few favors, one of them including the love potion favor. This is what happens: http://youtu.be/ua8dgiUpPrM

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, シーツー!

re: the "I'll pray for you" discussion, I think if you're too nice about it then it allows them to think they've had the last word. While punching them out is probably the wrong way to go (satisfying as it might be), I'd choose the "destroying them with your words" route.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, maybe if it were something more like what Landorus said happened to him... but not to my mom, haha.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, METHOD_REPLEKIA/. !

This brings up an interesting question I can put to the community:

People say that parents and children love each other unconditionally. However if you came out as gay (or any other kind of minority sexuality) and your parents refused to accept you, thereby breaking their end of that deal, would you still be able to hold up yours?

Or to put it more simply, if your parents showed you that their love for you wasn't unconditional, would yours still be?

Years
Yay a topic i brought up got turned into a question xD

People say that parents and children love each other unconditionally. However if you came out as gay (or any other kind of minority sexuality) and your parents refused to accept you, thereby breaking their end of that deal, would you still be able to hold up yours?
I personally wouldn't because if their not prepared to have me like i am they don't deserve me at all.
But i do understand why someone who was maybe abused by their parents because of their sexuality would instantly forgive them if they were to ever accept them for who they are.
this was a lot harder to explain than when i was using the example o.o

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Welcome, METHOD_REPLEKIA/. !

This brings up an interesting question I can put to the community:

Or to put it more simply, if your parents showed you that their love for you wasn't unconditional, would yours still be?
Well I'll go into theory because my parents accept me.
They are required as parents to show me "Unconditional Love", But I just have to say, they may have to love me, but they don't have to like me.

Back