• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my new White team

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
I plan on starting my White version over again but I'm tired of using the same Pokemon over and over again so this time I actually planned out four teams that are based around one of the three starters and one team without a starter. I'm not sure which one I should use or if I should make some changes to them for the best. I'm open to any suggestions of swapping out Pokemon or changing of movesets. Here goes:

Team with Snivy as starter:
Spoiler:

Team with Oshawott as starter:
Spoiler:

Team with Tepig as starter:
Spoiler:

Team with no starter:
Spoiler:

I'd like to know which one of these teams are worth using and if I need to make any changes to them to have a successful playthrough.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I would suggest using the one with Tepig as the starter, but I would make the following changes:
Emboar: Replace Wild Charge with Hammer Arm, which it can learn through the move relearner.
Simisage: Replace with Leavanny knowing: Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Shadow Claw.
Seismitoad: Replace Sludge Wave with Rock Slide.
Sigilyph: Replace Psyshock with Psychic. Also, when no longer a constant need, you may want to replace Fly with Air Slash, and just use a Fly slave when necessary.
Zoroark: Replace with one of your Dragon-types, Haxorus or Hydreigon, the movesets you have are fine.
Eelektross: If you're replacing a Dragon-type in, you may want to replace Dragon Claw with Flash Cannon or Brick Break.

That's what I would do based on my personal preferences. Take the advice how you choose, because it's possible to make almost any Pokemon good. I just like to vary my types as much as possible.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Samurott # Surf/Ice Beam/Megahorn/Grass Knot or Waterfall/Megahorn/Aqua Jet/Swords Dance
Chandelure @Choice Scarf/Choice Specs # Shadow Ball/Overheat/Energy Ball/Psychic
Haxorus # Dragon Dance/Outrage/Earthquake/Brick Break
Mienshao ~ Regenerator # Hi Jump Kick/Stone Edge/U-Turn/Fake Out
Bisharp # Swords Dance/Night Slash/Iron Head/Thunder Wave
Braviary ~ Sheer Force # Return/Superpower/U-Turn/Fly --> I actually lied about this lol; Return is better. I really hate nerfing a Pokemon just because you need Fly in-game :(

I would suggest using the one with Tepig as the starter, but I would make the following changes:
Emboar: Replace Wild Charge with Hammer Arm, which it can learn through the move relearner.
Simisage: Replace with Leavanny knowing: Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, and Shadow Claw.
Seismitoad: Replace Sludge Wave with Rock Slide.
Sigilyph: Replace Psyshock with Psychic. Also, when no longer a constant need, you may want to replace Fly with Air Slash, and just use a Fly slave when necessary.
Zoroark: Replace with one of your Dragon-types, Haxorus or Hydreigon, the movesets you have are fine.
Eelektross: If you're replacing a Dragon-type in, you may want to replace Dragon Claw with Flash Cannon or Brick Break.

That's what I would do based on my personal preferences. Take the advice how you choose, because it's possible to make almost any Pokemon good. I just like to vary my types as much as possible.

Replace Scald, not Wild Charge. Scald sucks on Emboar.
Zoroark is a good Pokemon, but it's hard to find in-game.
Ehhhh forget Dragon Claw / Flash Cannon. Brick Break is okay, but I'd just go Volt Switch / U-Turn.

Back