• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

my first sprites^^

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
my sprite museum

well...call my sprite museum
attention:the newest stuff is shown always first

distel.gif
>>>
punk-thistle.gif

scratch:

scratch-sheet1.png

berarbeitet.png

revamps:
revamp-sheet1.png
dewgong.png

recolours:
autumnsheet.png

349TRE1.gif
fusions:
golvyle.jpg

these are my very first attempts of spriting, they´re just fusions of 2-3 pokes and they had their critics(attachments,click to see the original size)
View attachment 38730View attachment 38731View attachment 38732View attachment 38734View attachment 38733

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
ok these are just existing pokemon very slightly edited to bad fakemon so not good at all

Years
Yeah, sorry, but if you're gonna use already existing Pokemon as base (and there's nothing wrong with that), you need to edit it beyond recognition. The bast way to do this is to sketch the fakemon the way they look and then edit the sprites to look more like something new instead of just a re-element, which is what the starters look like. The Raichu edit is the closest to looking original.

~Chibi~

Amazonite

God's Loyal Servant
Years
ZOMG! Your talented. Your sprites are good for beginners. Make sure to keep it that way. ^_^

EDITZ: But I agree with Chibi Pika, if it's not your sprite, it's not yours to say it's new.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
well, i follwed chibi Pika´s advise and started to remake my water starter.
the idea of lizard-thing remains but this time i started with a sketch on a paper.

this is the result:
View attachment 38742
(the legs might be similar to charmander, but i had no other idea how i could draw them better)

Years
the idea of lizard-thing remains but this time i started with a sketch on a paper.

this is the result:
View attachment 38742
(the legs might be similar to charmander, but i had no other idea how i could draw them better)

Wow!

That's your first scratch, no? It's very good for a beginer. I think it's a bit too big, but maybe it's just me. The head and tail look rather twisted, though. Mainly the tail, but again it may just be me. I think there should be some color on the belly's outline, as all the black right there looks out of place. The outline shading on the tip of the tail looks dotty; in those areas use either more blue or more black so the outline looks more natural.

Keep it up. I'd love to see more of your work. ^^

Years

this is the result:
View attachment 38742
Wow, that is so much better. It is a little big for only the first stage in the evo line, but oh well. The outline on the tail is a little shaky--playing around with the color would fix that, and on the flipper, the shading seems off, like you can't tell where the light source is coming from, but on the whole, much better.

~Chibi~

King Boo

Hauted Artist
Years
Thease arn't bad for a starter.
Some wise addvice.
1. maybe you should at leats get 5 - 10 posts before adding in your spirtes.
2.Save as either PNG or GIF any other will ruin the pixels and make it real small.
3. White backgrounds... CLICK ME!

Keep on trying.

Edit:Fixed them up for ya:
dudenj6.gif

Last edited:

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
@King Boo
hmm...they were saved as png...how strange
thanks for fixing it^^

and for the advice with the backround too, i had no clue how to make them transparent.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Yeah, King Boo may have fixed them up for you. But his is way better.

Yours is just slight bad modifications to original Pokemon sprties, and they're way out of scale.

Sorry dear. D;

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
Years
You're very creative. =) Just try sketching out what you want to do first, and then transferring it to pixels. It's better than taking bases and just changing them. It also keeps people like Wudge off your back. xP

Keep up the drawing! :3

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
They are good sprites, but you should edit them more, as some others have said.

this is the result:
View attachment 38742

The one quoted above is very good for your first scratch, but its head is a little small.

attachment.php

For those two, the water dragon looks distorted.

The Fraligater line is good, but again, you should edit them more.

The Charizard is okay, except it would look better if you took the wings off of it's head, or edited it to not make it look spliced.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Uh, I've been wondering this for a while, but how many of you actually clicked the images in the first post? I'm mostly referring to Wudge and King Boo here - seeing as he used the attachment system to showcase his sprites, what you see are thumbnails. Clicking on them will show the proper uploaded image, which btw King Boo, are saved as PNG's.

Image compression doesn't change the dimensions of the image, so your conclusion about not saving as GIF or PNG is incorrect. Furthermore, transparent backgrounds aren't everything. You only need to post your link once.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
These sprites look fairly good, especially for a first go.
And as Amachi said, transperant backgrounds aren't anything, they don't make it look better, it just basically adds the colour of the background of the page instead of white ;x.

I think you should try revamping some Gold/Silver sprites before starting to scratch, because it improves your shading and gives you some ideas of how to do certain parts on the sprite.

Good luck.

King Boo

Hauted Artist
Years
Uh, I've been wondering this for a while, but how many of you actually clicked the images in the first post? I'm mostly referring to Wudge and King Boo here - seeing as he used the attachment system to showcase his sprites, what you see are thumbnails. Clicking on them will show the proper uploaded image, which btw King Boo, are saved as PNG's.

Image compression doesn't change the dimensions of the image, so your conclusion about not saving as GIF or PNG is incorrect. Furthermore, transparent backgrounds aren't everything. You only need to post your link once.
Yea sorry about that I noticed that after I edited the post sorry its just that im not use to seeing spirtes in that form.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
How bad i´ve done these ones before reading ur posts...
well holidays are soon and then i´ve time to try some revamping

now here are my newest scratches
GRASS_1.gif

the 1st one seems a bit odd,i know
FIRE_F1.gif

hmm...the size of the first is too big...a lot to do in the holidays

and i´ve tried some recolors
AUTUMN1.gif

i chose autumn-colors, cause...uhm...autumn is simply my favorite season

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
How bad i´ve done these ones before reading ur posts...
well holidays are soon and then i´ve time to try some revamping

now here are my newest scratches
GRASS_1.gif

the 1st one seems a bit odd,i know
FIRE_F1.gif

hmm...the size of the first is too big...a lot to do in the holidays

and i´ve tried some recolors
AUTUMN1.gif

i chose autumn-colors, cause...uhm...autumn is simply my favorite season

Somthing looks off with the recolored treeko. And about the scratches- AMAZING! They could of course use some work, but they are some of the best I've seen. You didn't use any other sprites did you? The grass line is better than the fire line. Good shading too.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
Somthing looks off with the recolored treeko. And about the scratches- AMAZING! They could of course use some work, but they are some of the best I've seen. You didn't use any other sprites did you? The grass line is better than the fire line. Good shading too.

yeah, you´re right, there´s something with the treecko...i guess it´s the left arm (it looks like it is growing out of the head cause the colors of the skin and the eyes are similar)
maybe i´ll make a new one with another treecko as base

EDIT:
well cause i don´t want to double-post i show my newest work in this edit
heres the new autumn-treecko
349TRE1.gif

and the bellsprout line in autumn
bellsprout-evo-autumn.jpg

i know that this is just a slight change, but the effect is quite impressive

here are some revamps from gold/silver-sprites
PIDGEO1.gif

typhlosion-silver.gif

MOLTRE1.gif

flareon-gold.gif

DRAGON1.gif

i also found some old red/blue sprites with pretty cool poses
arcanine-redblue.gif

rapidash-redblue.gif

sandshrew-redblue.gif

i guess these are more recolors than revamps...

so tell me what you think of them

Last edited:
Back