• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Underrated Masterpieces

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Classicaloid. It was a very well done anime that doesn't get enough credit or mention. It deserves so much more notoriety. I feel like not a lot of people care for it b/c of the slapstick comedy, but imo it was a comedy masterpiece that needs more love.

Years
This series is criminally underrated and i have no idea why it isn't better known or more highly rated. It's a great exploration of some really deep stuff and knows how to hit you in the feels.

I read the synopsis for this series and it sounds very interesting. I might just have to give it a watch.

Anyways, Children of the Whales is unfortunately quite underrated, I've heard very few people discuss it. Personally, I adored the story line of the first season and the characters are phenomenal. Even the overarching theme regarding emotion and whether it is beneficial or detrimental to humanity is alluring in itself. Moreover, in the first 12 episodes character development is evident which is another reason the series appeals to me so much, never mind the delightful opening and closing themes.

I highly recommend Children of the Whales to anyone who enjoys dramas or thriller-esque anime.

Last edited:
Back