• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
It's been almost two years since Theta Emerald EX came out, and a lot has happened since then. School, work, getting bullied by an entire website for no reason, and a death in the family, with the decision of going back to school in January. In those two years, allow me to introduce to you, the LAST of the trilogy:

Theta%20Emerald%20Renev%20pic%20UPDATED_zpsyy818q5w.png
This was a project that was started back in the beginning of 2018, and it is an overall improvement of Theta Emerald EX. But, what are the features? Well, allow me to explain:

1. New Pokémon
Spoiler:

2. New forms/formes
Spoiler:

3. New Moves
Spoiler:

4. New Abilities
Spoiler:

5. New Items
Spoiler:

6. 120 TMs and HMs
Spoiler:

7. Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion
Spoiler:

8. New Areas
Spoiler:

9. And more!
Spoiler:

Bug/Oddities:
Spoiler:

Versions:
Spoiler:

Along with all of this, I have included a guide, with a walkthrough, locations for items and Pokémon, and data on every single Pokémon in the game. This is the one game that I worked extremely hard on, and it was my goal to get it out by the end of this year, and I did just that. I'll do my best to improve the game, but with my life, there's a very small chance that it will happen. But, other than that, I really hope that everyone enjoys Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev :)

Download (includes two patches, patcher, and the guide):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h1b5ocn2h2o750g/Pokemon+Theta+Emerald+Renev+v2.3.rar

Credits:
HackMew - APE, Overworld Editor, XSE
LU-HO - Advance Map
Jasper Vijn (cearn) - grit
Maël Hörz - HxD
Irfan Skiljan - Irfanview
Link12552 - NSE 2.1
D-Trogh - NTME
Gamer2020 - PGE
thedarkdragon11 - Gen 7 Sprite Repository
MrDollSteak - Gen 6 Sprites
Chaos Rush - DS-Styled Sprites
Lunos - New Pokémon Menu
Kurapika - Gen 3 Tools
DizzyEgg and ChaChaDinosaur (KDS) - Pokémon Expansion, Item Expansion, Dizzy's Hacked Engine, Overworld Forms/Formes, and Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey nice LC! Question: Is the max level 250 or is it unmodified? *Crosses fingers for 250*

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
Nice work. I downloaded it earlier and started playing.

I didn't read all the guide as you expected, but I skimmed through it and I have to admit that's some pretty hard work and lots of time dedicated to it. Thanks for that.

From what I can see, some stuff is back from EX, like Game Corner and Contests? And hopefully participating in Battle Tents doesn't wreck the TM inventory.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else, but I can't find it:

Is this game 100% complete or is this just a beta version, and if yes, how far does it go?

If this is mentioned in your full walkthrough I'm sorry but somehow all pages past page 3 are giving me loading errors lol
Judging by the way in which LCCool worded the main post, I'd say it's complete.

ON: I'm going to jump in, eventually. Last time I played Theta Emerald EX I had to do it twice because the January version had some pretty nasty bugs, and playing something like TEEX to its fullest twice just burned me out.
Seeing that you still refuse to/can't support your own work when it comes to bugs is... well, that does suck though.

In any case, nice work LCCool, and congratulations for the release.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Looks so amazing, how were you able to add all those nice extras into Theta Emerald?

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Are those extra areas in different regions a post-game thing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 3, 2020
Hi! I have found some bugs while playing the game.
1. The move Drain Kiss does not affect normal type Pokemon like Swellow.
2. Drain Kiss deal very little damage towards dragon type Pokemon like axew.
3. The script that sends out Pokemon is different from the original like "Go! (Pokemon)" when the opponent sends out Pokemon and "PKMN Breeder (name) send out (Pokemon)" when I send out Pokemon.
4. After the opponent uses Roost, the move Ice Fang deals normal damage to flying type Pokemon like Pidgeot.
5. Can I ask if the exp share that shares exp is the same as X & Y or Emerald? Because it gives very little exp like 1/5 or 1/6 of the remaining exp to the rest of the Pokemon that does not participate of the battle. I thought X & Y gives 100% of the exp to the main and the remaining Pokemon gets 50% of the exp each.

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
You say to look into the battle engine before posting about bugs. Could you provide a link to where we can look into it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Thank you thank you so much LC, i waiting for your comeback since emerald EX. Glad you made it. Jump into the game folks

Years
  • Age 61
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
LC how do you get to valor cave whenever i go through the portal it keeps sending me to verity cave

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Found a bug

As soon as I say "yes" for confirmation on my starter the game freezes. Not sure if it's my emulator or not. I'm using VBA

Back