• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
A Pokemon game with no Water gym leader, E4 member, or Champion has been my dream for quite some time. But eh, I guess I wouldn't mind a Water E4 member since we haven't had one of those (had a Water type Champion, but that's a Champion, not an E4 member).

I'd personally like to see a Pokemon League where everyone (E4 + Champion) pulls a Cynthia and do not specialize in any types. Or they could only have a couple Pokemon of the same type and all the others would have at least one move of that type.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Didn't we see a Room with Fire pillars ? That kind of confirms a fire E4/Champion.It looked too "majestic" for a Gym.

Years
I wouldn't mind seeing the E4 not have a single type each, but I'd still want their teams to follow a theme. Like if you did the four elements you'd have one with lots of earthy Pokemon: ground, rock and steel types mostly. Water would have of course water and maybe some others related to water. And so on. I'd enjoy that.

blue

gucci
Years
I like the idea of them having mixed typing, that would make it easier to include one of each type between four of them.

Years
What I really want to see is someone - gym leader, E4, champion, or whoever - specialize in Rock types and not be the first gym leader.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love it if the E4 had no special types - I'd like the E4 to have dual types too; sort of like in Gen II, where the E4 members... while they had a single-type specialty, they tended to use another type as well.

ie Lorelei had Water + Ice types
Bruno had Rock + Fighting types
Agatha had Ghost + Poision types
and Lance had Dragon + Flying (dragon-esque) types

Well, I dunno, I think that's why I thought the Gen 1's E4 was so challenging at first; since they had that level of diversity compared to the other E4 members (aside from Karen I guess).

blue

gucci
Years
Can somebody describe the appearence of the 5 known gen vi Pokémon to me? All I know is fennekin is a fire fox and froakie is some kind of frog. But as I'm blind, that's all I know.

Yveltal is based on some kind of avian, Xerneas is based on some kind of cervid and Chespin is apparently based off a Hedgehog.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I think Yveltal's a wyvern and Xerneas is a chital, actually XD; But yeah, that's about right.

Years
Chespin stands upright and has a brown body with a kind of green hat that includes some leaf-like spikes coming out the top and sides. I'm fairy sure it's supposed to be based on a chestnut so his head is round.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I read somewhere that Chespin's japenese name, Harimaron, is a combination of harinezumi ( that means hedgehog), hari (that means needle), and marron (French for chestnut), so I guess it's a combination of the three~

EDIT: But I got ninja'd xD

Mmm, Chespin is kinda growing on me now; I kinda want to start out with it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Like I also said earlier, Maron is also a Japanese word for chestnut (but I would guess got it from the French word, since it's in Katakana).

But yeah, it's kind of like a Seedot, but with a rodent form XD;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I just want a dark type gym leader. I'm pretty sure it's the only type we haven't gotten yet, right? I'd also like them to have a Psychic gym, too. But have it as the 2nd or 3rd gym. It could make for quite a challenge.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
If they were to go for the four elements for the Elite Four the Champion would likely be a Psychic type expert to stand in for aether.

blue

gucci
Years
A Psychic type Champion would be interesting but it does look like we've got a Psychic type Gym.

On another note, GAME are now taking pre-orders in the UK for Pokemon X & Y here for £34.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back