• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] How can I edit Brendan's trainer/back sprites in Emerald?

bitKoder

completely unreasonable
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Title sums it up pretty well. I'm looking for a way to edit Brendan's trainer and back sprites from Pokémon Emerald version. I've been using NSE (Nameless Sprite Editor) to edit Brendan's OW sprites, but unfortunately NSE doesn't have any bookmarks for trainer sprites or back sprites in Emerald version.
All I need to know is the image offsets, and I can do the rest from there. However I haven't been able to find the offsets, so if any of you know them I would greatly appreciate the help.

UPDATE: I have located the offsets.
Trainer sprite offset is D6170C
Back sprites offset is D66480 (plus 800 for each frame in the animation)
Palette offset for all these sprites is D61A30

I found them by writing a program to convert the trainer and back sprites from spriters-resource into Hexadecimal, then searching for that hexadecimal in the game code. Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

bitKoder

completely unreasonable
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
This problem has been resolved now. Let me know if you would like me to put this information into a resource thread.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
Since you found Brendon's sprite do
you know the offset and palette for May
plus could you give it to me I'm also
working on an emerald rom hack

Years
Hey, can you tell me the exact image offsets? I LITERALLY can't find a perfect frame 2 and 4 [Before throw]. I know this place is dead, but you three are my only hope on changing the main character! Tile molester alternate is just garbage

Back