• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎄 Club Holly Jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
christmas-tree-animated-1.gif

Club Holly Jolly
Hosted by: Axeliira

Introduction

HO HO HO. MEEEEEEEERY CHRISTMAS. Yeeeeah I'm not a good Santa impersonator, however, I'm back here as a bouncer for this lovely new club that has opened on the corner of Santa Clause Lane and Frosty Street. Welcome to Club Holly Jolly, the merriest club of all PokeCommunity, also FC&G's first Christmas event. This club is much similar to Club Nightmare, same environment, same building, just that the Halloween décor was taken down to make room for the holiday décor. ANYWAYS, enough of that blabbering about the building history and stuffs, Club Holly Jolly is open from December 1 to the 25th. Talk about upcoming Holiday plans, Christmas traditions, Christmas movies, Christmas music, and so much more.

If you don't celebrate Christmas, but rather you celebrate Kwanzaa or Hannukah, you are more than welcome to join as well! We welcome discussions that pertain to those holidays as well. We do not discriminate!

As a member of Club Holly Jolly, active participation will grant you this sparkling emblem!
V45TwdT.png

You go down in history…
…Club Holly Jolly's history, of course! Thanks for participating, and Happy Holidays!

Club Rules:

������ All PokeCommunity Global rules, as well as Fan Clubs & Groups rules apply here. Don't go too crazy.
������ The club is "anything goes", meaning topics & discussions will vary, as long as it's about Christmas and anything revolving the subject. Please don't go off the "Christmas/Holiday" topic.
������ Respect is a must!
������ Have fun!~

Sign-Up!
christmas-cute-tree.gif

There is no sign-up sheet required. All you need to do is to post this image anywhere and keep up with the discussion. :D

Participants!
Yet Another Logical Nerd
Leijon
Psylocke
Juno
Pendraflare
Sonata

Aslan
IndianCharizard#
El Heroe Oscuro
Lexa
Anna
Hikamaru

Adventure
Tsutarja

BakingBluePotatoe
The Fangirl
H.A.N.
❤Hitomi❤
Peitharchia
Zeria
epicassassin1811
Bruce Banner

tumblr_lfhtp6nKPV1qzvcyt.gif

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
This sounds pretty cool! But what do you guys plan on doing for the holidays? Frankly I really won't be doing much besides getting in the holiday spirit :) But I'll definitely decorate a tree like this:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So yeah guys! Merry Christmas I guess! It's like 23 days before Christmas in my time now and we just put up our Christmas Tree in our home haha :3
christmas-cute-tree.gif

Tbh in my country like, the Christmas season started like last September and we are pretty much used to it haha :P Kinda irritating tbh since gdi, its too early but hey, it's the christmas spirit! Have you guys did your Christmas decor yet?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
tumblr_ltuvu03dWK1qip80b.gif
christmas-cute-tree.gif
1208u_03.gif
081213p109_104_mn.gif

I actually haven't decorated a tree in years, we moved several times so our tree (and all the ornaments) has been in storage for quite some time. :< I think my dad wants to throw a Christmas party this year though, and if he does he has to bring the tree back, 'cause you can't have a Christmas party without a Christmas tree.

On the topic of Christmas decorations, I kinda want to get this and hang it on my door. It's so cute. ♥

Anyone start Christmas shopping yet?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Haven't decorated a tree since my parents divorced 3 years ago. Plans for this holiday though will be the same as every year, christmas eve with my dad's family and christmas day with my mom's. Then the day after christmas I have to help my dad move out.

Merry Christmas.
christmas-cute-tree.gif

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
christmas-cute-tree.gif

We celebrate Christmas every year with the presents, feast and getting together as a family! We also usually pull out the tree and decorate it with things we've made when we were 5 or 6 and a few christmas ornaments from different stores.

This year's Christmas is gonna be different though. I believe we'll be celebrating Christmas in either London, Paris or Italy depending on where we are in our Europe tour. It's gonna be pretty exciting for all of us. :) Hopefully it'll be snowing as well since I've never seen it snow nor built a snowman or any of the other stuff people do around this time. And I've never celebrated a Winter Christmas either which sounds unbelievable as it does to you as it does to me. XD

Anyway yeah! Merry Christmas to you guys even though it's ages away. I'm looking forward to it already. <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome everyone! I'll edit the list asap <3

I always spend Christmastime with my mom's side of the family, but this year I'm spending it at home instead because of family issues and such. I don't mind it, I guess it's less food to make. I really love that Christmas has the spirit of giving. Like Aslan, I haven't really experienced a white Christmas myself..being a California gal and all...and maybe in the future I'll have one. It's on my bucket list haha.

Any traditions you guys may have that like to share?

Years
I think i'll join this club, why not. (:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Anyway, for our Christmas tradition we spend time at home, and we have our nana (from my mother's side) over. The past two years we hosted Christmas Eve parties at our house, and the day after Christmas we go to our grandparents' house to see our cousins.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
christmas-cute-tree.gif

Because my family is pretty damn Italian, we host an event called Feast of the Seven Fishes. It's essentially exactly as it sounds, where each member of our family brings a different fish item for Christmas Eve and basically we all chow down on some Italian delicacies. Even though what my Dad makes has more of an "American-flair" to it, he makes these shrimp that are fried with batter; combine it with a little salt and dear god, it's one of the most delicious things in the world.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
Years
I'd love to join but I can't seem to add images to my post.

I keep receiving an error message. I don't have any smilies in my post.
Anything I can do to try and resolve this problem? ):

Axeliira edit:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mine is pretty dang Mexican. Like, we would have our Tamales ready two days before Christmas, and then there's the special hot fruit punch ("ponche" as most of us would refer to), and there's also the awesome "let's stay up till midnight" tradition. When I was little, me and my cousins would go to bed really early (like around 9 pm), and the grown-ups would ring the jingle bells and tell us that Santa has arrived. We always open our presents at midnight and not Christmas morning. xD

I'd love to join but I can't seem to add images to my post.

I keep receiving an error message. I don't have any smilies in my post.
Anything I can do to try and resolve this problem? ):

That's understandable since you are new. I'll go ahead and add one into your post. :)

Welcome to PC, and welcome to the club! :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
christmas-cute-tree.gif

ahaha now that i'm an adult there are no traditions... it used to be that, since my parents have been divorced forever, we'd spend christmas eve and morning with mom and open all our presents from her side of the family, then go meet dad. when my brother and i were really young we'd all go to grandma & grandpa's for lunch and dinner, but since my dad remarried everyone came to the conclusion that it was easier to not corral my stepbrothers and instead my grandparents and uncle went to dad's. tbh our actual big family thing is thanksgiving rather than christmas.

this year i am truly an adult and have to work every day besides christmas day. yaaaaaaay. also nobody is within day driving range this year so whatever?

Years
I guess it wouldn't hurt giving this a shot... besides well, the holiday spirit is always fun. So yeah, I'm definitely in and with the obligatory Christmas tree!

christmas-cute-tree.gif

My last few Christmases weren't that very jolly to be honest, we didn't even bother with decorations lately because we are just too damn busy and given that Christmas here is celebrated in the summer there's that annoying heat to deal with. But the cool thing is that Australians love to celebrate in a unique way, to fit in with the hot climate.

In past years I never really had a tradition, it was just hanging decorations up and having a typical Christmas meal on the big day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I want to join in! But I'll post the image some other time, because I'm on my phone and ugh :( that okay?

Sadly, my Christmases have been going worse and worse. It's probably because I'm not a kid anymore and don't get many presents.

Axeliira edit:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't get as many actual presents anymore but I do get more clothes and christmas cards filled with money, both of which are highly appreciated. Used to I'd get like one or two small things from each family member, but it's much better this way.

Years
Sadly, my Christmases have been going worse and worse. It's probably because I'm not a kid anymore and don't get many presents.

I feel the same way as you, in fact if I remember the only presents I got last Christmas were just my Pokemon X & Y games. I usually only get the newest Pokemon games for Christmas only if the release date is after my birthday, and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will be the third time in a row I've settled for Christmas instead of my birthday in terms of getting them.

However I do feel weird every time I ask my mother to get the games, because she thinks Pokemon is for kids and I'm in my early 20's. Expect my Christmas to be boring again since I don't bother with the decorations these days hahahaha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You know that sometimes Christmas is not all about the presents and such...at least for me. It's all about getting together with your family, and reminiscing all the moments that this year has brought us. Usually I don't like asking my loved ones what I want for Christmas. I did when I was little, but now as a grown-up..not so much. :p

It's overwhelming when you feel forced to buy presents for peeps, but trust me...you will feel better in the end. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back