• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Just a suggestion but I think that the RP corner should be divided by 1, and 2 so that people can find them easier with less clutter.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I meant just split in half. When an RP is approved it would either go to section 1 or 2 that way it would seem less cluttered. I see how it's tough to understand though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I meant just split in half. When an RP is approved it would either go to section 1 or 2 that way it would seem less cluttered. I see how it's tough to understand though.

Well, we did have Pokémon section and Other section before, but the Other section was really echoing. So we put them together.

On what grounds would an RP get placed in section 1 or 2 then? What should be the difference between them?

Also, as long as people want PMD RPs, there will be PMD RPs. If people create them, they want to play them. There's a problem with them though... *spots one liners made in the weekend while I was gone from PC*

Infraction time :,( Really, follow the rules or go roleplay on MSN or something instead :|

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Well, we did have Pokémon section and Other section before, but the Other section was really echoing. So we put them together.

On what grounds would an RP get placed in section 1 or 2 then? What should be the difference between them?

Also, as long as people want PMD RPs, there will be PMD RPs. If people create them, they want to play them. There's a problem with them though... *spots one liners made in the weekend while I was gone from PC*

Infraction time :,( Really, follow the rules or go roleplay on MSN or something instead :|

Sometimes it is difficult not to post one-liners if you are in a big group...but consecutive one-liners have no excuse.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Maybe grouped by RPing standard. Like the high large walls of text versus the shorter posts. OR just grouped randomly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sometimes it is difficult not to post one-liners if you are in a big group...but consecutive one-liners have no excuse.

I do understand that :) rest assured I don't give out warnings unless a person has made quite a few consecutive one-liners or unnecessarily short posts.

And, I think I see your point, pokemongarnet. But right now I don't think we'll do that.

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
Years
Have we thought about doing RP awards at all? Monthly or annually or whatever, just something to recognize the best RP, best RPer, etc. I'm relatively new to the forum, I was just curious

Years
I do understand that :) rest assured I don't give out warnings unless a person has made quite a few consecutive one-liners or unnecessarily short posts.

And, I think I see your point, pokemongarnet. But right now I don't think we'll do that.
Actually, I really see and find no excuse for people to have one-liners during their PMD RPs? If they're in a conversation, they should make it into a joint post. It often irks me to see one-liners when they clutter up the thread and the other party probably won't respond till a day or more later. >_<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Actually, I really see and find no excuse for people to have one-liners during their PMD RPs? If they're in a conversation, they should make it into a joint post. It often irks me to see one-liners when they clutter up the thread and the other party probably won't respond till a day or more later. >_<

That's my point. Good boy, Dia :) Lately there have been MANY roleplays like the ones on... ehm, Bulbagarden where one liners seems to be the way to go. I guess it's much my fault, for permitting this to go on; now it's pretty common with RPs here where posts aren't more than half a paragraph.

A joint post is much more pleasant to read when two people are conversing than a whole page of one liners back and forth. On PC, roleplays should be entertaining even for people who aren't participating in them. But, argh, it's so hard to judge all RPs the same. Some are just nonsense when the players are writing short posts, but others can manage to keep a good story going.

Last edited:

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
I'm new to this style of roleplaying and I am kinda confused as to what I'm supposed to do.I read the "how to" links,but they give me the impression that rps are only as good as the participants. So I guess my question is, are Roleplays group fan fictions?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm kinda tired of the world nuzzle in RP's. Every other RP I go in, especially Mystery Dungeon RP's, theres that word again. I don't know why I dislike the word, but I just do...Calling for a widescale ban of it immediately! :) Jk, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm new to this style of roleplaying and I am kinda confused as to what I'm supposed to do.I read the "how to" links,but they give me the impression that rps are only as good as the participants. So I guess my question is, are Roleplays group fan fictions?

On PokéCommunity, pretty much yes. At least that has always been the aim here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Fortunately, it's been this way for very long and works fine, so you need not worry :) if you want to put up an idea for another style of RPing, then be my guest in this thread and we'll see if it's manageable.

Also wanted to say to all of you posting back and forth in conversations in RPs and feel like you think it's mostly annoying to fill out a whole paragraph of text in each post; try to create a joint post next time you feel a conversation or actions between only two players are coming up! If both of you are online pretty often, it won't take long via PMs for example. Posts created together in this way makes for a more flowing reading experience. An example of where this would fit is this page... ^^

Years
I'm kinda tired of the world nuzzle in RP's. Every other RP I go in, especially Mystery Dungeon RP's, theres that word again. I don't know why I dislike the word, but I just do...Calling for a widescale ban of it immediately! :) Jk, though.
I understand. I did a word search and I found out that over quarter of the results came from PMD RPs such as the current ones Explorers of Fior, Three Kingdoms so on and so forth. I think they just don't have the vocab to write and roleplay well. I read most RPs around here, a handful have posts that sorta mediocre in terms of writing. They take it as a game whereas I take roleplaying as a professional skill therefore is very serious in RPing work, though everyone has their pros and cons. Perhaps because in PMD RPs, RPers think Pokemon are like animals and use terms like 'growl', 'nuzzle', 'purr' etc etc. Or maybe they're just uncreative and keep on repeating words. I mean, go check the thesaurus of something....-_-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back