• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Server transition & new ownership

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
OmArceus yay!
I look forwards to a new Pokecommunity w/ you as the owner, Sheep!
I've always looked up to you & you're such a kind soul, I am so delighted to hear about this!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
GOSH, this is just the best news to come back to.

I was worried the downtime would result in something bad, and people might leave, or somesuch, but this is definitely the best way things could've happened!

Janna, you are one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of knowing, and you seem to genuinely care about the Pokemon franchise and the community - I'm super glad that PC is in your care! <3

Years
It's great to see this place is still up & running after so long. Congrats, Sheep! Thanks so much for shouldering this place for us!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
It's not allowed because it's illegal, so that's highly likely to stay unchanged.

It's not illegal. The ROMs are hacks of the original games and the hackers are doing it nonprofit so it falls under Fair Use.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Yay! Good job to all the staff who worked so hard!

Btw, is the Lets Fly Together theme removed or?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
It's nice to know that ownership troubles are finally and truly over for PC.

It's not illegal. The ROMs are hacks of the original games and the hackers are doing it nonprofit so it falls under Fair Use.
This thread is really not the place to argue about whether or not rules regarding direct linking to ROM Hacks should be changed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • uk
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
I may be new here, but I am happy the site is back up so I could join, I was on the discord site looking around and everyone was so nice and helpful, so happy the site is back up I know I will be here for a very long time

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Since the site's no longer under the ownership of a corporation does that mean more things will be allowed? Like Rom files?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Its good to hear the good news that Pokecommunity is back up.
Right now, I know how you feel about how stressful that transition was... I got my own stressful situation to deal with in regards to a missing post, and another takedown.
I'll try this weekend to fix this, cause IRL is busy kicking my butt.
Good to have Pokecommunity back. As soon as I solve my issue, I might try my hand again at another hack, hopefully a bit shorter than usual.

Back