• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'm getting side effects this time. They were pretty tame during my first two doses. How unlucky. I guess the third time isn't the charm for me.

Years
i remember all i got during my first dose was a sore arm and i didn't feel like... anything during my second dose. i'm expecting something similar of the booster shot tbh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i got arm ache from both for like 1-2 days, and got a bit tired after the first but that was all.

my antivaxx acquaintances claim that "we still know so little about this vaccine!" well yea but um. sure seems worse to get covid-19 yo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Experienced only a sore arm for all three. (Technically four. Received the standard half dose of Moderna originally. Should have gotten the full dose. Corrected that the next day.) Wishes a swift recovery for everyone dealing with worse.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I had family who claimed the shot was the mark of the beast. It's unfortunate wanting to stay away from a disease makes me a satanist.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I got the worst of it when I got my booster shot just before the new Pokémon games came out. The first two I got a sore arm, neck and upper back and was really tired. When I got my booster the day of I was fine but early the next morning I felt like someone ran me over and I was real sensitive to light which is something I only get when I have a migraine. I was in bed most of the day.

Years
I had family who claimed the shot was the mark of the beast. It's unfortunate wanting to stay away from a disease makes me a satanist.

Oh god, that rhetoric is really popular on fringe religious channels. They got it wrong though, the mark of the beast is on the forehead.

In a more accurate biblical sense, I think it's supposed to mark the return of the antichrist and has nothing at all to do with what those channels say.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Late and off topic but the banner looks adorable!

On topic: if shots are the mark of the beast tell satan I'm a power bottom.

Years
I got my booster a few days before I went away for my vacation and boy was I glad to get it over with. Side effects were a little tough but at least I got extra protection.

Hehehehehe. I'm getting my Christmas gifts early this year. I asked for a $20 Nintendo E-shop card and i'm getting it later today. Also, I asked for a specific type of new Skechers (I don't know how to spell the shoe brand) and i'm getting them over the weekend. And as a surprise treat, i'm getting a pink hoodie in the mail next week from LL Bean. There's also a slight possibility my dad might take me to Dave and Busters tonight. *evil grin*

Happy December everyone. May the Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) spirits ring.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't know any anti-vaccers. However, I do have to deal with people on the daily who continue to complain about how the government took away their right to decide for their own whether to get the vaccine or not and forced them to get it. And that everyone should be allowed to decide on their own if they want it or not and that people who rather lock themselves up instead of giving into their hedonistic desires are cowards and that covid existed long before and people just didn't test for it and that the reason why the flu isn't really hitting as hard is because they renamed it to covid and I could go on and on and on and all of this every day.

I think you get the idea. <_<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
You know this document that's meant to be used to track what vaccines you got throughout your life? That thing has been used as a means to prove that you've been vaccinated. Except, now it's not enough, anymore. And why is that so? Because people started faking vaccination entries in it. They legitimately belief committing a crime like that is still better than getting vaccinated. And some people who have been found out even decided to end their own life (and sometimes even those of their loved ones) instead of facing the consequences.

This pandemic sure shows the worst in humans...and I now need to get a digital document for prove. <_<

Years
You know this document that's meant to be used to track what vaccines you got throughout your life? That thing has been used as a means to prove that you've been vaccinated. Except, now it's not enough, anymore. And why is that so? Because people started faking vaccination entries in it. They legitimately belief committing a crime like that is still better than getting vaccinated. And some people who have been found out even decided to end their own life (and sometimes even those of their loved ones) instead of facing the consequences.

This pandemic sure shows the worst in humans...and I now need to get a digital document for prove. <_<

All the same here, people are making fake vaccine reports.
It's easier, and free, to just get the shot.

Years
There are literally Facebook marketplace sellers in my vicinity who sell fake vaccine cards. I know FB's been doing a lot to filter these guys out, but they always find a way with their keyword magic. Meanwhile vaccination centers are ghost towns these days...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
'Been wondering... when a celebration thread is made for events like birthdays and anniversaries, would you folks like to see your thread stickied in a place of prominence for the day?

I don't see an issue with that. Shows people how much we care about them.

Back