• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
That's an extremely poor attitude. Your hack wasn't good enough to win. Get over it.
I'd agree with the Docter, If my hack came second in HotY, I'd be happy
it got that far...

Oh, and I'll just report a small bug, not sure it's worth even mentioning...
0cc69d9090.png

Movement Permission error

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years

Biased judging panel comes to mind, but its only a stupid award anyways, it should mean nothing to the hack's creator, after all its not like you stop the hack cause you've won, winning isn't everything. =\
True, HotY is "stupid" award, true winner is hack that has most poller,and it's LP, well, stop talking about that

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
I'm Playing Beta 2 100% English and have beaten the fourth gym, can i go any longer?
i try to get out of darkdust city but it seems i can't get any further.
And btw i love the game it's just brilliant =)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm Playing Beta 2 100% English and have beaten the fourth gym, can i go any longer?
i try to get out of darkdust city but it seems i can't get any further.
And btw i love the game it's just brilliant =)
That's the end of 100% english beta 2...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Please read previous posts...
It was already explained...

@creol4 : No! It's against the rules.

ok look please i did read every post last time i was here and no one seems to find one so plz help me + your tutorial wasn't good for me also

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ok look please i did read every post last time i was here and no one seems to find one so plz help me + your tutorial wasn't good for me also
My tutorial works... at least for me so it should be enough to work for you ;)
Okay then lemme ask you some questions.
1) Are you using VBA emulator from Wes' page?
2) Did you really download the Ruby ROM v1.0? (Find it through google)
3) Did you use IPS XP patcher to patch?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Hi guys, firstly I want to say hi, secondly I wanted to say good job to the creator of this hack, now we cut to the chase: I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'm confused, firstly which beta is the newest, the top one? Secondly I'm not really sure how this works, I have the .gba file for Ruby, what do I do from there?

Thanks a lot to whoever helps me.

Years
Hi guys, firstly I want to say hi, secondly I wanted to say good job to the creator of this hack, now we cut to the chase: I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'm confused, firstly which beta is the newest, the top one? Secondly I'm not really sure how this works, I have the .gba file for Ruby, what do I do from there?

Thanks a lot to whoever helps me.
As far as I can tell, the top link (from sendspace) is the current beta.

You can look at http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966 (which is not stickied in this forum in some reason), but basically there are two ways to use an .ips patch...

1. Rename the .ips patch (minus the extension) to exactly the same name as the .gba file, put them in the same folder, then open the .gba file in VBA.
2. Download a patching program such as ipsXP, then use it to patch the .gba file (methods vary depending on which one you download)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
As far as I can tell, the top link (from sendspace) is the current beta.

You can look at [] (which is not stickied in this forum in some reason), but basically there are two ways to use an .ips patch...

1. Rename the .ips patch (minus the extension) to exactly the same name as the .gba file, put them in the same folder, then open the .gba file in VBA.
2. Download a patching program such as ipsXP, then use it to patch the .gba file (methods vary depending on which one you download)

Do I need a specific emulator, because it's not working?

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
Abotu the white screen, I am patching with LIPS. The Whitescreen keeps appearing. I'm playing it on VBA whats wrong and if there's already a solution please show me the page

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Which method are you trying? In general, on a PC, the best emulator is VisualBoyAdvance, or VBA. I'm not really sure about other systems...

I'm trying to use patching systems but the rom crashes, it's the rom by the way, not the emulator.

Back