• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Stingray: Jedi training is a very long process. I would take that into mind and compare it to the expected length of the roleplay. (I have difficulty imagining a roleplay lasting that long without time skips.)

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jedi training does TEND to be long back when you had an army of them. Remember Luke became one in what a few years (or even one year or less). The Order is being rebuilt so the original training program is not running and there will be a need for Jedi in the story (aka conflict!) so new members will be forced to learn really fast in a real combat environment. Once again its not set there ... if needed padiwans will be allowed. I just don't want anyone being a bad *** Jedi Knight already (that and there is a plot reason for this as well...) ... PLUS most players on here like to play young characters which perfectly fits the Padiwan or newly discovered force user.

Also its a RP we can bend a few rules to make things fun. I'm a huge fan of character development so I like to see that in my RPs even if its a little accelerated. :p

miley810

Assassin
Years
Well Star Wars isn't a topic I"m too smart on, but I will say that sounds pretty cool Stingray. Sorry I couldn't be much of help or anything. but it sounds like that would be a really good RP for people who knew enough about Star Wars.

Okay so I'm in LR 2, Bara Storm, Digimon Heroes, and I've got a reserve in yellow's rp (if she remembered to reserve me) and if my pair's RP gets accepted I'll be in it. I really really want to make a new RP, I have several different ideas. Do you guys think it'd be okay if I'm in another RP?

Years
Kinda gonna pop in with advertising - My RP, Pokemon Reborn: Synchronize is up in the lounge. It might seem generic at first, but I'm gonna have fun with plot twists.

With all these other fandom RPs being discussed... it makes me feel a bit bad I'm not huge in too many fandoms. I have a few, but really not many I'm interested in >.>;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
As far as Star Wars goes, I know enough. How could I not with my stepmom being obsessed with that and Lord of the Rings, causing me to have seen both series a million and one times over each? Yeah. I know ENOUGH. I may or may not join. Not now, at least.

Maybe we should have Skymin make some sort of idea dump thread~? I dunno, just a thought. It could be a place where you could go and dump some ideas for RPs that you wish to recycle or just don't plan to make for whatever reason. Then others can come along and check there if they need an idea for a RP. I mean, we can do that here, but it's much less organized and once a new page is started it will likely be overlooked.
/just a thought

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
That's what this thread is for, silly. d: This thread is for like, everything.

I think we had a similar thing with the Roleplay and character review thread Red had going a little bit ago that didn't really kick off. That was to help develop ideas too.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Star Wars... I remember my classmates going crazy about Darth Vader's statement, that he is Luke's father...

Ehem. Anyways, a Star Wars RP would be awesome. But only with a good plot and nice settings. I might join, if RL won't bother me.

Speaking of ideas, what do you guys think if a 'kind of' RL/Pokemon crossover RP was made? Note the 'kind of', which means this is going to be a fictional RP with the settings on Earth.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Star Wars... I remember my classmates going crazy about Darth Vader's statement, that he is Luke's father...

Ehem. Anyways, a Star Wars RP would be awesome. But only with a good plot and nice settings. I might join, if RL won't bother me.

Speaking of ideas, what do you guys think if a 'kind of' RL/Pokemon crossover RP was made? Note the 'kind of', which means this is going to be a fictional RP with the settings on Earth.

Having Earth as the setting makes for more believable characters, easily. That's a good and interesting thing. Depending on the plot (and when it comes up) I might join.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years

Thats a good idea, what will it be about then? :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
That's what this thread is for, silly. d: This thread is for like, everything.
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0afcc878#781700]I mean, we can do that here, but it's much less organized and once a new page is started it will likely be overlooked.
[/FONT]

Like I said there, it'll likely be overlooked. But with a thread like this, even if it doesn't get posted in every other day, someone can easily just go there and look through the ideas that have been dumped. Maybe somebody (*cough*maybeme*cough*) could organize all of the ideas in the original post, at least in the form of links, and cross out ones that have been used. I JUST LIKE ORGANIZATION, OKAY? xD (plus I can spew out ideas like crazy sometimes)*

Yeah, setting it on Earth is okay. Easy too. Go look at Atlantis Arising. :P Actually, I think a number of RPs are set on Earth, albeit a lot of the time a post-apocalyptic Earth (FF: Spirits Within anyone? :P). There . . . have actually been a few Pokemon/Earth RPs . . . I don't know how many actually lifted off, lol.

Ooooooooooh, we need a magic-based RP. Kingdom Hearts/Inheritence/Septimus Heap/anything. I haven't worked on that KH RP in a little while, thanks to real life shiz, but I will. I WILL.

*I also still want to steal the job of RP Librarian from Ichiro, or at least force Skymin to edit new RPs into it when she accepts them, lol.

Like I said, we are currently under development, so please be excused if I am behind... I have a life too! BITE ME NAKUZAMI!
GLADLY!! *chomp*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Some kind of medieval RP in the style of Atlantis (meaning detailed, overlying backstory/situation focusing on personality) would be terrific to see. With magic. Or something. :3

The inflation of journey-like RPs has at least taken its toll on even me (who generally loves pokémon journeys). I'm itching for something different, non-pokémony.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah haha I'm totally over Pokemon roleplays at the moment. Except the roaring twenties, WHERE HAS KIYOSHI GONE *cries*

Everyone play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo? That basis storyline is pretty nice to use; people being resurrected from the dead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah haha I'm totally over Pokemon roleplays at the moment. Except the roaring twenties, WHERE HAS KIYOSHI GONE *cries*

Everyone play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo? That basis storyline is pretty nice to use; people being resurrected from the dead.

I checked it out, it looks cute! In a way that Skyrim and many other games don't, I mean :3 I doubt that game (even the demo) would work on my old computer though lol

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Some kind of medieval RP in the style of Atlantis (meaning detailed, overlying backstory/situation focusing on personality) would be terrific to see. With magic. Or something. :3

The inflation of journey-like RPs has at least taken its toll on even me (who generally loves pokémon journeys). I'm itching for something different, non-pokémony.

Magical setting... Have you ever heard of Dragon Dice, basicly it's a table top game. Any way the setting goes a little something like this.

Spoiler:
So what do you think of the setting, there are at least sixteen races. As for a story line I can think of a fair few.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Tbh, that little story doesn't really tell us much about the world or what an RP of it could be like. It's just a history lesson.

Is there some kind of medieval/fantasy world/setting that most people here are familiar with?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Tbh, that little story doesn't really tell us much about the world or what an RP of it could be like. It's just a history lesson.

Is there some kind of medieval/fantasy world/setting that most people here are familiar with?

There's the folklore of actual Medieval Europe? Or Scandinavia during Vikings and their mythology? Oh! I doubt too many people have seen the movie or read the book, but Tales From Earthsea is really cool.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
There's the folklore of actual Medieval Europe? Or Scandinavia during Vikings and their mythology? Oh! I doubt too many people have seen the movie or read the book, but Tales From Earthsea is really cool.

I think I've seen that movie! And since I'm a Scandinavian, I know about the Viking mythology :3 It's rather awesome.

But yeah, the real history of Europe is quite interesting. And of course there's the King Arthur legends, with the knights of the round table and the search for the grail and all.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I know I've been saying this for like, EVER, but someone should make a Fire Emblem RP, or at least a Medieval-like RP similar, with mages, and swordsmen and the lot. That would be so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back