• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[CLOSED] Extracting A/D/S Deoxys sprite from original ROMs

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
Hello,

I am working on replacing some a few Pokemon in Fire Red with Normal, Defense and Speed form Deoxys. And I am having difficulties extracting the sprites from original ROMs.

How could I extract the original Attack/Defense/Speed Deoxys sprite out from the original ROM?

G3HS documentation says that the sprite sheet for Deoxys/Castform is just bigger than normal sprites, so I tried to add some offset to the original pointer. It didn't work out so well. I am guessing it is because the image was compressed?

For tools, I am using PokemonGameEditor 3.8.1 (PGE) and POK?MON Gen III Rom Hacking Suite (G3HS). Older tools didn't work well for me.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find Wichu's Advanced Tools, please let me know. I would love to try them out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
I was able to extract the image in 128 x 64 format from the games using Nameless Sprite Editor.
However now I learned that not all images are the same size because while they have the same dimension, they are compressed.
Attempting to overwrite Bulbasaur's front sprite corrupted my Bulbasaur data :(
Is there a way to put Deoxys' other sprites into the game without using the Free Space?
If I use Free Space and want to use PGE to edit the game, I would need to update the .ini file for the ROM, is that correct?

Back