Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory

Male
Philippines
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
21 posts
40 Days
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start a fangame, namely Pokemon Honor Version and Glory Version. The game is inspired from the country of Philippines and its culture. I aim to showcase an imaginative take on what the country will be like if it existed as a Pokemon region and it's impact on other regions like Kanto, Unova and a yet-to-be-made-into-a-Pokemon-Spain-Region, just south of Kalos.

Blurb:[B] The region will be called Ibaro,[/B] originating from a wordplay/portmanteau of 2 Filipino words "Iba", meaning "different " and "Barrio" roughly meaning "community"; together in context could mean "different/various communities".The Ibaro Region is setting of Pokemon Honor and Glory. Pokemon Honor features Akasari, a dual type Fire/Fairy Phoenix based on sarimanok while Pokemon Glory features Zulinaga, a Water/Dragon type that looks like a Merlion/Serpeant hybrid based on merlion and the bakunawa dragon.

Lore Concept: The main lore concept is inspired from Pokemon Conquest where the ancestral tribes are affiliated to one of the 18 types. The tribes serve either of the two greater feudal clans of Ibaro: The Sky Clan of the west and the Ocean Clan of the east. The games I'm planning to make aims to feature a new not-yet-named battle mechanic that either adds the concept of temporary adding of an additional type to either the Pokemon itself (making them dual/triple types) or the moves they use (inspired from Flying Press) through summoning the ancestral spirits of the Ibaro people and their Pokemon ala PokeSpirit.

Pokemon: The version starters' final evolution will be a Grass/Steel Pangolin, Fire/Fairy Bearcat and a Water/Fighting Carabao (a native water buffalo). Other planned pokemon are: a civet cat, a sailfin lizard, whaleshark, a tikbalang (a mythological reverse centaur from PH), local flora etc. I plan to include Regional Forms as well such as Ibarran Braviary, Krookodile, Aegislash among many others.

Ibarro Pokemon League: The Gyms of Ibaro League specialize in Dark, Flying, Ground, Electric, Ghost, Water, Poison and the last gym will be version exclusive, Fire for Honor or Dragon for Glory. (I'm planning to makes changes in the lineup to make another Gym version exclusive; maybe Steel/Electric Type will do, dunno.) A championship tournament cup to determine a winner who'll be given the right to challenge the Elite 4. The Ibaro E4 utilize Ice, Grass, Rock & Fairy Pokemon (This can change also tho. Some of these are considered worst typing but tho I'm not a competitive player myself, I want to give these types some justice in the game).

Current Progress: I'm currently refining story the concept + the names of Characters and other stuff. I'm planning to create original fakemon designs someday as well. Cities and Towns of Ibaro are named after spices. Anyone else interested? Certainly open for ideas and suggestions. (No politics please.) Looking for interested minds to share and brainstorm ideas with. Since my childhood, I dreamt of making a fangame showcasing my home country to the world. I don't know programming tho lol. And I just started studying my way around digital art on my own only this month. Any suggestions on where should I put my focus on first? Also looking forward to make a dev team someday, if opportunity smiles.

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonRMXP/comments/duqr7o/fangame_project_ideas_inspired_from_philippines/

Feel free to message me your thoughts and opinions btw. DM is power~
And thank you very much for giving this post your time!
MABUHAY!

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory

Male
Philippines
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
21 posts
40 Days
NOVEMBER 24, 2019 UPDATE:

MABUHAY!

Unofficial Logos

What is Pokémon Honor and Glory?
Pokemon Honor and Glory is a (paired) fangame/s made for fans by fans. The game/s feature a new culturally diverse region & great biodivesity of both old and new Pokémon about 90 of which are just recently discovered and can only found on that region.

Welcome to Ibaro: Islands of Yonder
Welcome to Ibaro:
The Ibaro Region is the setting of Pokémon Honor and Glory. This archipelagic region is located on the tropics of the Pokémon World. It has rich culture, being a melting pot of different cultures from several regions of the world like Unova, Hoenn and Alola. The region of Ibaro also has a unique history, with each island having its own interpretation of the Ibarran Epic. The Ibaro region is inspired from the real-world islands of Philippines, a nation (in)famous for it's culture, history, tourism and biodiversity.

Lore:
Here is an excerpt of the Great Ibarran Epic: Once there were only just the endless heights and the infinite deep. Nothingness slumbered between them. Out of Nothingness, an unknown force whom the ancients revered as the Great One created two powerful entities to guard the Zenith and the Nadir. Since time immemorial, the two ruled over the frontiers of both seen and unseen. One day, out of nowhere, a vessel emerged from another world. That vessel contained the first humans and their Pokémon. They are considered as the Great Ancestors. The unnamed place where they emerged is what's known today as Ibaro.

Planned New Features:
  • Brand new region to explore filled with Cities, Villages and great natural wonders!
  • Around 500 Pokémon available in the Regional Dex including 90 new never-before-seen species!
  • New Abilities and other aspects of Pokémon Battles
  • Soundtrack inspired/rearranged from Philippine Folk Music!
  • New Characters with deep backgrounds!
  • Brand new *yet-to-be-named* battle mechanic that makes you choose to either give your Pokemon an additional temporary typing (making them dual type/triple type) or even to the moves they use (dual type moves).

Team Name: Honor and Glory Project Team
Current Team Members:
  • Head Coder: PokeMiner20
  • Storywriter: Zephdo (Newbie spriter; Concept Director; Concept Artist)
Current Progress:
  • I made a temporary Regional Dex: Ibaro Dex
  • I also made a inspirational compilation of music for the game, check it out here.
  • We have a discord server for the project now!

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR (Good Samaritans, really.):
  • Head Project Leader/ Fangame Director
  • Head Scripter & Scripter Team
  • Tile Creator/ Inserter
  • Mappers
  • Spriters
  • Co-Storyliner
  • Music Director

Contact Information:
Other threads:

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory

Male
Philippines
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
21 posts
40 Days
This is gonna be a hack rom or an actual game? If so, what engine are you gonna use?
Besides the scripting thing, I'm pretty sure that I can help.
Hi jensmoking!~
Thank you for having interest in this project! We appreciate all the help we'll get!~ It is still not planned whether Pokemon Honor and Glory version(s) will be a romhack, rmxp fangame or whatever (is there another way?) yet. It would be really really really nice if this project would be able to pursue the "RMXP fangame path" but that we'll be evaluating our team's resource if we can manage to do so. If not, then romhack it is.

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory

Male
Philippines
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
21 posts
40 Days
you are welcome to use my overworld sprites and any tilesets I make. if you are making a gen 3 game that is. I cant be of much help otherwise. as I cant make specific requests at this time. i'm all loaded up with requests.
Thank you very much!~
We will give credit where credit is due! We appreciate all the help we get!~
Thank you for having interest in Pokemon Honor and Glory
Have a nice day! ^_^
Advertiser Content