• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
but I felt like a perv when I was on the basketball team, because I showered with all these guys that I thought were cute, lmao.
Haha, that'd be kind of scary to me. Don't get caught looking. >.>

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Haha, that'd be kind of scary to me. Don't get caught looking. >.>

Nah I pretty much looked where ever with good peripherals. haha
But, the real challenge was not to indicate any signs of attraction...Need I explain? lol

I should have never came out, now I can't get away with anything :(
jk

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Haha a change room is the place I first figured out I was gay; it was lucky I didn't get caught looking or I would have been in massive trouble.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Some guy said some homophobic things to me today.

I was wearing a sticker on my shirt that was of a rainbow-colored GOP elephant, so he called me a dike.

So, when was the last time someone made ignorant remarks directed at you?

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
You should have smacked him with your fannypack and then kicked him with your sensible shoes.

If he would have gotten physical, it would have been vey bad day for him because he did not know about my concealed carry permit.

I just flipped him off and said "[censored] you, you [censored] square."

Melody

Banned
Years
lol

One time a friend asked me "Why do you paint your nails" to which I simply replied "Because I'm that way." He immediately began reacting phobically, but I made it clear in no uncertain terms that I didn't chase straights. Probably a little roughly but still. :<

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
If he would have gotten physical, it would have been vey bad day for him because he did not know about my concealed carry permit.

What kind of weapon do you carry? Hopefully you're not actually able to fire a gun on campus.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
First off, this is not meant to be too explicit, but what do you guys think about gay couples and roles like "top" and "bottom"? Again, this is not exclusive to sex, but beyond that the relationship roles like who pays for dinner, who cooks, who proposes and who cleans.
Felt I had to answer this one because I find myself thinking about it all the time...

Honestly, I always imagined my future relationships would be versatile. I just thought it was a more modern idea to not fall into adopting these roles. I like to consider myself a progressive person, and keeping with that, it just didn't seem like maintaining "gender" roles in a homosexual relationship was a step forward. However... I've fallen into it all the same. Whenever I'm out with my boyfriend... it's very rare for me to pay for anything. I usually make him make decisions, and he's usually the one who initiates affection. That is, he's pretty much a top. Although I won't get into bedroom rules, let me just say they don't follow this...

But perhaps I think about it too much. Yeah, most would say he looks more domineering than me based on outward appearances, but I'm thinkin' age and income might certainly be a factor here. I'm beginning to think he pays, and won't let me when I offer, because he's older than me... and he's aware of how much less money I make. Plus, he does try and get me to make decisions all the time... though we just end up sitting there. Haha. Still, it's an interesting thing to stop and think about. Never imagined myself as a bottom...

If you're gay/lesbian, have you ever had a crush and not known if they were gay/lesbian or straight (or someone had a crush on you and not known that you are gay/lesbian)? And if you're straight, has anyone gay/lesbian had a crush on you (or vice versa)? For both sides, how did you handle it?
Yeeeeeah... and it broke my heart. I'm honestly still not sure whether the flirting and compliments were genuine or just said person trying to be a good friend... and they went on for a long while. I mean, it's not like I didn't have pretty good evidence to believe they might have been interested in me, but most of it could just be considered hearsay now... and the rest could be taken ambiguously. Besides, if he was, I feel he would never come out enough to date another man. Knowing his personality, that just doesn't seem like a possibility.

Just wanna say that "square" is like my new favorite insult. I wish people around here would say it more often.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm just curious. Also, I have a crush on this one guy...and it's weird, because I get mixed signals from him. I looked at him for a couple of seconds once, and when he looked at me, neither of us looked away for a considerable amount of time. And then another time, I was sitting by him in the cafeteria, and some girls came over and pretended to flirt with me to try to embarrass me (not knowing that I am gay), and one started to shove me away periodically. Now, my crush and I have a sort of small friendship, but this next thing was different; He called me stupid, playfully. I did the same back. And we went back and forth like this, how many times I don't know, all the while this girl behind me shoving me within inches of his face, of his eyes that had something different about them. They weren't fun and goofy; they looked more serious...more--greedy, maybe? Idk. But that was just...electric. And when I rocked forward, he never pulled back...

that is so cute haha

If you're gay/lesbian, have you ever had a crush and not known if they were gay/lesbian or straight (or someone had a crush on you and not known that you are gay/lesbian)? And if you're straight, has anyone gay/lesbian had a crush on you (or vice versa)? For both sides, how did you handle it?

Uhhh I don't think anyone has had a crush on me and been disappointed b-- OH WAIT. I know someone that liked me and was disheartened by ~something~ about me. lol And I had a huge crush on someone that didn't swing my way. I didn't even know they were gay til like, they got a bf and came out to me. lol Everything is all good with me and said person now though, if not better. :)

Yeeeeeah... and it broke my heart. I'm honestly still not sure whether the flirting and compliments were genuine or just said person trying to be a good friend... and they went on for a long while. I mean, it's not like I didn't have pretty good evidence to believe they might have been interested in me, but most of it could just be considered hearsay now... and the rest could be taken ambiguously. Besides, if he was, I feel he would never come out enough to date another man. Knowing his personality, that just doesn't seem like a possibility.

don't get me started ugh. btw, "square" is not going to catch on, I'm sorry.

Also UMMM YUMMM are we talking about looking at men in the dressing room? n___n jk I don't like looking at all that junk. I'm weird. :(

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Also UMMM YUMMM are we talking about looking at men in the dressing room? n___n jk I don't like looking at all that junk. I'm weird. :(
I, um, can't help myself from looking sometimes...

I try to be respectful! But the locker room at the gym... D;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
at least you have a place to look!! it's not like i get to. ~_~ WELL TBQH. on hot days at band practice, the view is nice, especially in the saxophone section. ;)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've never been on a sports team or anything, so I've never had such an opportunity... Maybe I should join the swimming team in college. :P

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
So, wehn is the last time someone made ignorant remarks directed at you?

Well, I heard about some comments that in a sense were directed at me, but not directly, and more to a group of people that I am a part of, so I hope this qualifies as "on topic" lol. XD

Anyways, in order to understand this, you need just a little background info. My church is Lutheran church, in the ELCA denomination. That is the Lutheran denomination that recently voted to allow gay people to become pastors. Soon after, a large chunk of our members left the church, dissatisfied with the decision.

Then, we had the option of hiring a local gay man to be an unofficial, temporary lay minister to help tide us over until we got an official pastor. I am on the church council, so I was involved in the decision to hire him or not. We decided against hiring him, since he has, in the past, lambasted our church in the paper, so we feared more retaliation in case something went wrong.

So, there was this one time in church where we didn't have a pastor to preach one Sunday, so this one other guy in our congregation essentially volunteered to do it. Well, when he got to the sermon, instead of an informative message, it was essentially a hate filled speech about how all the people in our church were homophobes. Never mind the fact that everyone who was left at this time actually stayed BECAUSE they agreed with the Synod's decision.

And I am a member of this church. SO yeah, I am TOTALLY homophobic. >__<

And I ended up with a rant. Sorry about that. >__>

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I love how as soon as we started talking about looking at guys we got a ton of posts. lol

So, when is the last time someone made ignorant remarks directed at you?
Well, it wasn't directed at me, but I was playing Guild Wars a few days ago, and a girl mentioned that she was bi, and 3 of the guys there said "That's hot" or something along those lines, and the other said "Why are you bi? That's weird." and made some stupid joke about doing both sexes at once.

After hearing that, I mentioned that I was bi, and as I expected, they didn't think it was so hot. To them a girl being bi just means she's willing to have a threesome.

Meh, not that big of a deal, but it was actually the only thing I could think of. lol

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So, when is the last time someone made ignorant remarks directed at you?

Oh I didn't know this was a for real topic lol. It's not the latest remark that's been made towards me, but in 6th grade, I was at a new school and I only had one friend (who I had known because her grandmother lived across from mine so yeah) who was a girl. And people would accuse me of being a lesbian all the time. And this one thing sticks out to me all the time. But I was trying to read some girl's shirt, but she was far away and I mean I'm only 11 so it's not like I thought to be discreet about it or anything, so I squinted and it was OBVIOUS I was concentrating on something, and she was accusing me of staring at her boobs when I was reading her shirt. v__v; And of course she did it loudly so everyone looked at me like a freak. I went to the bathroom for a while and ripped up paper towels to vent, lol.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What kind of weapon do you carry? Hopefully you're not actually able to fire a gun on campus.

Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol

I can fire it if it is in legitmate self-defense or defense of another. I would also have to give at lewst two warnings: one alerting the assailant that I am armed, and firing a warning shot before shooting the assailant (unless the threat is so immediate that it is unreasonable to do so). For safety, a locking mechanism must be used or the weapon must be unloaded, but ammunition may be carried fr quick access if it is needed for self-defense. You must also shoot below the waist.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I, um, can't help myself from looking sometimes...

I was like 13 when this was an issue for me, and it wasn't so much my eyes I was worried about them seeing when I was perving on them lol.

One thing is for certain: being gay is far easier after you finish high school. In so many ways

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol

I can fire it if it is in legitmate self-defense or defense of another. I would also have to give at lewst two warnings: one alerting the assailant that I am armed, and firing a warning shot before shooting the assailant (unless the threat is so immediate that it is unreasonable to do so).
I'm amazed that that's actually possible in a school. I would understand something like pepper spray, or maybe even a tazer, but not a gun. (I know I was around when you were talking about passing this, but still gun + school does not add up to me.)

Also, 1000th post in this thread. :D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I'm amazed that that's actually possible in a school. I would understand something like pepper spray, or maybe even a tazer, but not a gun. (I know I was around when you were talking about passing this, but still gun + school does not add up to me.)

Also, 1000th post in this thread. :D

The bill we passed hasn't been overturned by high authorities... yet. I'm pessimistic that it will eventually.

Back