• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clubs Rules - [Pretty please read with cherries on top!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pokemon Clubs Rules

Welcome to the Pokémon Clubs forum! This is the forum where the real Pokémon fanboys and fangirls of various aspects of the Pokémon fandom can gather, scream and squeal on all the latest happenings in their Pokemon addictions, which we all know is what keeps them running day-to-day. Whether you're looking to make new friends that share your interests, learn new things about a topic you're interested in, or if you'd just like to sit back and chat about certain aspects of Pokemon, this is the perfect section for you! We hope to see you around and posting tonnes, but first off make sure you give the rules a quick read! c:

Rules

• All Forum Wide Rules apply.
  • Only Pokémon based Clubs are permitted in this forum. If your club isn't related to Pokémon, please create it in Other Clubs.
  • When posting in a club the club's individual rules must be followed at all times.
  • No trolling/flaming/disrespecting of any members in any club, regardless of opposing viewpoints on a topic or otherwise.
  • When signing up to a club, feel free to answer the current topic to better integrate yourself. This is completely optional though, unless it is included in the club's sign-up form, or specifically stated in the club's rules.
  • As a note to that, it'd be nice if owners would include an "Answer to the current topic" field somewhere in their sign-up form so that it's more likely that these kind of posts are made.
  • All clubs must contain at minimum an introduction and sign-up form (or alternative method of signing up to the club) to be approved, and are urged to contain extra content to remain interesting. If you intend to create a club without a sign-up form/member list, please contact the section's moderators with details first.
  • Do not join a club just to be negative. They're called fan clubs because people join to discuss the good things about the club, not to diss it. c:
  • Please try and keep posts somewhat detailed and stay in line with the club's topic. In other words, don't spam!
  • Owners may own as many clubs as they like, but a moderator may give someone a limit if they do not update clubs regularly.
  • Clubs that already have a specific forum are not permitted as there are already places to discuss these topics.
  • Clubs must not be too specific! For example a club just based on Hoppip would be rejected; the club would instead have to be made based on the whole Hoppip evolutionary line. The only exception to this is Pokémon which do not fit with any other families, for example Absol (Pokémon like Zangoose and Seviper would need to be grouped together).
  • When submitting a new club, the thread may take up to 48 hours before approval and may be revoked if it fails to meet the requirements of a club. Check the Grand-Master Thread for an up-to-date list of approvals/rejections!
  • Ownership of a club may be transferred if an owner has been inactive in the club for an extended period of time, or upon the owner's request.
  • Owners may double post if they've been the last poster for 1 week+ however this may only be done twice in a row, otherwise they'll have to wait for others to post.
  • Strictly no linking to illegal material. This includes Pokemon anime episodes, illegal ROMS, and anything of the like, regardless of whether it applies to the club; any posting of illegal material will not be tolerated.
  • Upon reaching 1 month without any new posts, a club will be considered dead, and is no longer eligible for new posts. The clubs will usually be closed at some point after the one month has passed, to prevent people from posting in the clubs afterwards, but if you find ones that aren't, simply don't post in them.
  • Most of all, enjoy the section. That's the reason you're here of course! c:
Notable Threads

Rewards!

Obviously you should be posting in and creating clubs for fun and because you want to, not just for rewards, but here's a little extra incentive; a sample of some of the many emblems you may end up with from Pokemon Clubs!

club-1.png
380477_2843661139694_1504331537_32895459_89947406_n.jpg
399499_2878394968018_1504331537_32911450_712835929_n.jpg
2JLyi.png
aTTuL.png
lE54x.png

Questions or Concerns?

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about the Pokemon Clubs section then don't hesitate to contact the resident moderators. Likewise if you have a question concerning whether a certain club is within the rules to be created or you wish to challenge the rejection of a club you have created, make sure to get in touch with our current Pokemon Clubs moderators. We're here to help! c:

~ edited by Wicked3DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Since there have been a lot of questions recently about the section's rules (both old and new), this thread is now being opened up so anyone with questions can post and ask. If you have a question about the rules or if you can/can't do something, make sure you post here and me or Olli will answer ASAP! And don't worry about breaking the one month rule in this thread of course. :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
It was deleted because the post itself was bypassing the 4/25 rule, ie there was no text, only a picture, so it kinda had to be deleted. It shouldn't be too hard to add in 25 characters, so just keep that in mind.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just a little update; two new rules have been added recently:
  • Once closed, a club cannot be remade for at least a week to allow time for the new club to gain a fresh start.
  • A club can only be bumped 2 times in a row as otherwise the thread would be better off closed/remade.
And a few changes have been made to the original post, so it's worth a re-read if you haven't done so recently. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

New rule!

Upon reaching 30 days without posts, a club will now be left open and is available to be remade or the original thread can be revived depending on your preference. However after 3 months without posts, a club is considered dead and will be subject to the thread revival rule. Please ensure to only revive threads if the owner is still active on the forum; if you're unsure whether or not a thread can be revived then don't hesitate to contact a Pokémon Clubs moderator. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Update
Member lists and sign-up forms are no longer vital upon making a club. We strongly encourage to include them, but clubs will no longer be rejected on the basis of not having one.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
They are! There's a limit of two clubs per person at first, then they can make more if the resident moderator is happy for them to :)

Ok, because I was going to make another or a few but wasn't too sure and didn't want to overdo it or rob any fellow forumers of the opportunity to make the ones I'm wanting to make.

Olli

Years
Just a note, the feedback thread has been removed, and this thread will be used for any kind of feedback in the future - both related to the rules and the section as a whole. So if you have any ideas that you think may help improve the section, feel free to post them here :)

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Can there be more than one clubs for a specific pokemon type?
For example, if I want to create a dragon pokemon type fan club and I find one that gives focus to only specific pokemon from the dragon type family, so am I allowed to create a club that focus on all pokemon of the same type in general?

Olli

Years
Well, there can't be more than one of any specific club, like, there can't be two clubs both focusing on Dragon type clubs. But it doesn't matter if there's one focusing on the Dragonite family, since it's focusing on those three Pokemon specifically, whereas one for Dragon types focuses more on the typing in general, as well as covers a bit of every Pokemon, without taking focus entirely on one single Pokemon :p

Hope that answers your question :)

Years
So if a club reaches 30 days without any new posts and dies, it can be remade by someone else, correct? The second to last rule doesn't state that but i'd figure you could, just wanted to make sure.

Olli

Years
So if a club reaches 30 days without any new posts and dies, it can be remade by someone else, correct? The second to last rule doesn't state that but i'd figure you could, just wanted to make sure.
Yeah, you can. Any clubs that are considered dead can be remade, unless it's a special occasion, an example being a club being closed temporarily due to the owner getting banned, though those are rare cases.

But thanks for bringing it up, I'll edit it into the rule :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Please post a reservation in the Grandmaster Thread before making a club.
I find this rule a little strange - is there a reason you have to reserve a club before posting it? We only introduced the reservations thread as an option to make sure you get the club you want if you need some time to work on it but I don't think there's any reason you should have to post in it first... Just curious really, seems odd!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I find this rule a little strange - is there a reason you have to reserve a club before posting it? We only introduced the reservations thread as an option to make sure you get the club you want if you need some time to work on it but I don't think there's any reason you should have to post in it first... Just curious really, seems odd!

Is that all it was there for? I really thought it was just an unwritten rule, so I wrote it. :P That makes sense, I can do that. Thanks for pointing that out.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I don't see this in the rules but I really want to make sure. Is there a limit to how many clubs you can join?

BreederShax

PKMN Breeder Shax
Years
If I wanted to make a club for a battle challenge league type thing, with 18 People each covering 1 Type (Ie the Gym Challenge), and ranking them according to their individual strengths, and then allow anyone who wanted to challenge us, would that be considered a club, or do I need to find some other place with which to do this? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, I'm relatively new to the Pokemunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back