• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
How do i release beta's?
By the gym's or the number of events..
E.G Some people release beta every 2 gyms..
I would like to try out somethin different..
Can i make like after you saw the legendary in your 2nd or 3rd map..
and then thats all..to keep the suspense

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
How do i release beta's?
By the gym's or the number of events..
E.G Some people release beta every 2 gyms..
I would like to try out somethin different..
Can i make like after you saw the legendary in your 2nd or 3rd map..
and then thats all..to keep the suspense
you released the beta by posting it on your hack thread...and inform people that you have release it..

and it is your choice where and what your beta to end and to have..xD

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
to get in to the hack showcase you need to be past the 2nd gym so post people use the 2nd gym as the end of there first beta but like what ace said Its all your choice

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
to get in to the hack showcase you need to be past the 2nd gym so post people use the 2nd gym as the end of there first beta but like what ace said Its all your choice

Or significant progress. So, if there is LOADS of main story scripting, tiles and maps like in, say... Well, Light Platinum, that would go into Hacks Showcase, even if it is before the 2nd Gym.

NatureKeeper

We must find a new way to patch UPS. The latest UPS patchers do not work well on some computers.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

You just need "proof of far progress", whether that be in beta form, or just other stuff.

I got in without a beta, lolz.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Once you have any sort of release that can be phiscally played you are admitted to the hacks showcase. such as a demo or an alpha etc.
it also counts if you have a lot of screenshots from different areas, lots of storyline or videos.
The rules regarding it
Hacks must have a playable version or show significant progress.
You must include a playable version (alpha/beta/demo) or show enough progress in terms of screenshots, videos or development of the story. The playable version must be of decent length, say up to the second gym or equivalent. If you do not have a playable version your thread must include evidence of your progress up to or beyond the second gym (or equivalent). Your hack must also be up to a certain quality. The final decision on approval of hack threads will be at the moderators discretion.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2010
Well, as far as I can see people use the second gym as a guideline. Maybe because, as the rules state the release must be of a rather good quality. So, if you want a good quality release, the second gym is a good benchmark. Like if you have a hack and have good skills, then you hack up to the second gym, you should have a decent enough release. Therefore, granting you entry to the Hacks Showcase. But what do I know, I'm a newbie

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay well I think everyone understands the whole Idea with getting into the hack showcase we are now just talking in circles

so NEW TOPIC
:P I actualy cant think of a new one yet but I am sick of talking about beta releaseing we all get the idea

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
OK, i have a new topic. People may find this harsh; well, someone has to say it.
I'm highly dissapointed from the hacks in the progressing hacks section. Newbie hackers
got that they need 4 screenshots to get there, and they just shoot 4 random screenshots with poor content to say "I am making a hack." The section is filled with hacks that show poor mapping or spriting in their screenshots.
I consider these hacks un-able to even release a good demo.
Well, i know there are some hacks that are worth the time playing. I think people need imagination to make a proper hack. I can see people in the scrapbox who can't take critism, or they even ignore it saying "I don't care how this hack will go, i'm just making it for practice."Contstructive Critism, PC, imagination, will and hacking skills are what needed to make a hack that will make it to the showcase and stay there.

peace;

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
well..i agree with deathwish..
the hacks in the progressing box just shoots 4 screens and say "i've made a hack'
making it worse...
some dont even care to change the tiles..
they just shoot like random screenies of random stuffs and is moved..
maybe the rules must be more harsh?
like post a screen that shows your tile,events and not random stuffs?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Agree with ya Ray...
I think we should re-do the rules for all hacking section...
Scrapbox - I'd leave it as it's now... so proper storyline and some features.
Progressing hacks - Organized first post and at least playable alpha.
Hacking Showcase - Since this is the top section I think only full hacks (or if it's 2 regions hack one region).
It's only my opinion... I know ya don't have to agree I just said how it could be done.

Edit : xm made a good idea... Progressing hacks should be having screenies with at least one bigger event

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
okay i'll open up a new topic :D
hmm okay here it is!
The new hackers here are depending on rom bases and not inserting their own tiles.
What should they do instead cause it'll make future hacks look the same if they use rom bases and still dont insert their own tiles.

For me..
they should use both rombases and tiles
as it's pretty easy to insert tiles made by the members here.
what's your suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back