• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

California Could Soon Have a State Dinosaur

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's looking like California will soon have a state dinosaur: Augustynolophus morrisi.
A bill to add the duck-billed dinosaur to the list of state insignia has passed the Assembly and is now headed to the state Senate.

Augustynolophus morrisi eats a plant-based diet.

"They've been nicknamed the cows of the Cretaceous because they were apparently gregarious animals, living in large social groups," said Tom Deméré, the paleontology curator at the San Diego Natural History Museum.

They could walk on two legs, but they were primarily four-legged animals with shorter front legs, Demere said.

California already has 33 state insignia including a state lichen, lace lichen, and a state fabric, denim.

The bill also requires approval from the governor.

On Monday's Midday Edition, we speak to Deméré about the proposed state dinosaur.

Source: http://www.kpbs.org/news/2017/apr/17/california-may-adopt-state-dinosaur/

Personally, I prefer the Albertosaurus since it's our state's T-Rex.

Years
Augustynolophus morrisi .......this name is just....so awesome xD I don't know much about dinosaurs but I keep in touch with recent discoveries about them. Well that's pretty cool for a state :p
Personally, I prefer the Albertosaurus since it's our state's T-Rex.
Are there more people who think this ^ or it's just you?

Years
Well this would certainly be an interesting entrance of "state <whatever>," so all it's making me wonder now if other states would follow suit?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Augustynolophus morrisi .......this name is just....so awesome xD I don't know much about dinosaurs but I keep in touch with recent discoveries about them. Well that's pretty cool for a state :p

Are there more people who think this ^ or it's just you?

Just me, because theropods are far cooler (we have a grizzly for the state flag despite the species no longer in California).

Back