• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Lowreh

I'd be Gary if I could
Years
I'm fairly impartial to most of the new gen designs, they all seem to work in one way or another.

HOWEVER. Sigilyph. I cannot stand Sigilyph. It looks weird, and whenever I see it, I always read it as syphilis. Which is just.. weird. Is this just me?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
the one pokemon i cant stand is musharna and thats because it uses defense curl way to much.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I love sigilyph because of it's weirdness! It's one of my favourite gen V Pokemon.

Alright, here's the list of those I hate and why:

Munna & Musharna: I hate the flower pattern and their half-larva half-elephant look.

Swoobat: This one is just ugly, nothing else to add!

Audino: It doesn't look like a Pokemon to me. It would fit better in a Clamp manga like Mokona (and I hate Mokona).

Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr: I don't like the idea of a Pokemon that can't be seen without carrying a human-made object around.

Throh/Sawk: C'mon... A Pokemon being made of a kimono? That's way too unrealistic lol. Machoke and Machamp at least look like they could remove their undies!

Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe: Too unrealistic as well. Just like Rotom's transformations.

Foongus/Amoongus: No more Pokeball pattern please!

Klingklangklong: Too human-made looking.

Litwick: Too... blank... lol

Durant: Its design is so boring.

Tornadus and friends: Made me wanna puke when I first saw them. They look like an ugly version of Zeus mixed with an octopus x_x.

Phew, I didn't know I hated that many xD. I really like most of the others though.

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
My least favorites are:

Victini
Samurott
S/Woobat
Audino
Yamask
Scraggy/Scrafty
Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle
Ducklett
Emolga
Alomomola
Kling/Klang/Klingklang
Bearctic
Druddigon
Any legendary - they're all horrible

I really, really love stuff like Sigilyph, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Krookodile, Carracosta, Escavalier and Bisharp. I like most of the others - but those are my favorite.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
My least favorites are:

Victini
Samurott
S/Woobat
Audino
Yamask
Scraggy/Scrafty
Ducklett
Emolga
Alomomola
Kling/Klang/Klingklang
Bearctic
Druddigon

I really, really love stuff like Sigilyph, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Krookodile, Carracosta, Escavalier and Bisharp. I like most of the others - but those are my favorite.

D:< Not Alomomola, it is like the best pokemon :O And Ducklett and Emolga are cuute as well. All are great in the Anime.

However Yamask, Druggidon and Victini are pretty horrible looking.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Why would they put Vanillite in, It just a fighting Ice-cream cone, And that Dark Dragon thing with the 3 heads doesn't look like a Pokemon at all.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I feel like almost ALL of them are hit/miss...no in between.
Many of them I've almost immediately liked them or hated them.

Love: Snivy, Lillipup, Purrloin, Blitzle, Venipede, Minccino

Hate: Oshawott, Tepig, Patrat, Pidove, Panpour (and the Fire/Grass versions), Roggenrola

THE POKEMON I MOST LOATHE!!!kfdjaf;dj-------Woobat

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Why would they put Vanillite in, It just a fighting Ice-cream cone, And that Dark Dragon thing with the 3 heads doesn't look like a Pokemon at all.
Why would they put Muk in first gen he is nothing but a fighting pile of sludge :( why would they put Voltorb in it's just a poke ball, Why would they put Dodrio in it has 3 heads! Why would they put Dugtrio in he is just three diglett.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

D:< Not Alomomola, it is like the best pokemon :O And Ducklett and Emolga are cuute as well. All are great in the Anime.

However Yamask, Druggidon and Victini are pretty horrible looking.

Nono, Victini and Yamask are clearly awesome. Where are you learning these facts from?!

My least favorites are:

Victini
Samurott
S/Woobat
Audino
Yamask
Scraggy/Scrafty
Ducklett
Emolga
Alomomola
Kling/Klang/Klingklang
Bearctic
Druddigon

But butttt Woobat is awwww and Scraggy is so adorable with its pants and Duklett is the cutest duck ever!!

I agree Gothita's line sucks though, as we all know. :D

Now to be logical. @whoever mentioned Sigilyph reminds them of Hoenn, I agree actually. I didn't notice that before, but you're right, something about it goes back to Hoenn o_O

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
At first I hated all of them!! and I really had no interest in the game, but then when I did play it, they just grew on me, I don't dislike any of them anymore, just like 4th and 3rd gen :P

Chibi Buizel

Where the heck is the airport?
Years
There weren't that many Pokemon I thought were ugly, but the only one I can remember atm is the Gothitelle family.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
Years
At first I hated all of them!! and I really had no interest in the game, but then when I did play it, they just grew on me, I don't dislike any of them anymore, just like 4th and 3rd gen :P
I feel the same. The first time I saw them I said, "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS???!!!" but now that I've played it and I got to know all the Pokemon better, they've grown on me and I really like them. The only dislikes I have is the Gothitelle family. Look at its middle evolution. What is that.

Years
My favorite B/W Pokemon:
-Excadrill (how can you not like a Pokemon that looks like Neo-Spacian Grand Mole?)
-Zoroark (for its ability to fool opponents with Illusion)
-Reshiram and Zekrom (for being the mascot Pokemon)
-Samurott/Daikenki (the most epic of the fully evolved Unova starters)
-Hydreigon/Sazandora (3-headed dragon of doom)
-Volcarona/Ulgamoth (flaming moths win)
-Bisharp/Kirikizan (looks like a Power Ranger)
-Archeo(p)s (good stats, cool design)

Least favorites:
-Trubbish/Yabukuron and Garbodor/Dasutodasu (they creeped me out when I first saw them)
-Cryogonal/Furiijio (creepy snowflake, bizarre movepool)

Yeah, I have to agree with you. But I'm not really a fan of Bisharp or Volcarona. My fave design is definitely Zebstrika.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years

Nono, Victini and Yamask are clearly awesome. Where are you learning these facts from?!

But butttt Woobat is awwww and Scraggy is so adorable with its pants and Duklett is the cutest duck ever!!

I agree Gothita's line sucks though, as we all know. :D

Now to be logical. @whoever mentioned Sigilyph reminds them of Hoenn, I agree actually. I didn't notice that before, but you're right, something about it goes back to Hoenn o_O

Yamask is uuugglllyy but its evo is really awesome. Victini has rabies. :/

Gothita is the most adorable little thing ever! Gothorita needs to be run over, and Gothitelle is just awesome.

GOTHITA FOR PRESIDENT!
Spoiler:

As for Sigilyth, it doesn't remind me of Hoenn because I thought the Hoenn pokemon all had really simplitic and old school designs. I think it suits Gen V because this region tends to have more detail in the pokemon designs.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I thought Vanillish and its evos were retarded at first too. Its grown on me and now I can't wait till I get my Vanilluxe.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012

Yamask is uuugglllyy but its evo is really awesome. Victini has rabies. :/

*looks closely at Victini for foam at the mouth* ...I can't find any...

For some reason I'm one of those crazy people who has room in their heart for every Pokemon and just can't hate any of them. I'll admit I was a bit shocked by some of the designs when the full sprite sheet was leaked (ah, remember that?), though it was more of a "whoa, wasn't expecting that" than "KILL IT WITH FIRE" reaction. Leavanny and Cobalion, for example, looked a little awkward with their limbs' shapes and sizes at first, but they've grown on me. They're some of my favorites from this generation now.

I have to say, I actually love the Vani-whathaveyou line's concept. It's an icicle that looks like ice cream, but despite its appearance is quite strong (it's tied for Lapras with highest BST of all non-legendary Ice types!) so it shouldn't be underestimated. And, you know, it makes sense. We've had boulder and flower Pokemon, an icicle isn't that far of a stretch.

Oh, I'm campaigning to spread the love for Trubbish and Garbodor, so allow me to share this picture once again just so you can reflect for a moment. I'll bet you know people like this in your life. I know I do:
http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/art/Garbodor-Someone-Special-200991002

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Thx for reminding the sprite leak..I remember that..The moment i looked at STUNFISK I literally said "The whole list is fake ! There is no way that thing is a real pokemon" And i still feel the same.Seriously,Who approved that design

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
How could anyone hate Trubbish --> Garbador? They are one of my favorites and will be a staple on my Poison/Bug duotype challenge <3

Back