• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Contract Challenge 2018: Sign up for round 6!

Years
ACC 2018: Round One
It's that time again! The Anime Contract Challenge is an event that runs once a month, giving people a chance to share their love for their favourite series' with others and discover cool new shows to watch.

The way this works is simple. You just comment in this thread to let me know you're participating. then after about a week you get RNG'd a partner. You and your partner exchange shows for each other to watch, then at the end of the month post a short review here letting us know what you think of it.

Don't worry though, this is a pretty casual thing. There's no pressure to make it all the way through your contracted series (or to like it). Just get through as far as you can. As a helpful tip, check out each other's MyAnimeList (or similar) to help make good choices for one another. Have fun!

Participants:

gimmepie
Lipstick Vogue
Sheep
Machomuu
GanguEevee
purplecicada
aeternum

CSS by Kitty

Last edited:
Years
I am in and will watch!! but please, since I am busy: preferably a show with 13 or less episodes, but if you really must, 24-25 episodes is also doable

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
(I was put on the list beforehand but here's my official 'in' post)
Yeah, I'm interested in this. I wanna watch some more anime so here's hoping!

Years
Spoiler:

Alright, here's the groups. The last one is a group of three because we had an odd number. Make sure you get in contact with each other ASAP.

GanguEevee and Lipstick Vogue

Sheep and gimmepie

Machomuu ---> aeternum ---> purplecicada ---> Machomuu

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
You're the lucky one.

Do you have a MAL so I can avoid giving you something you've already seen?

I...actually didn't. But I decided to make one while typing this out. Of course, the list is not complete, but I'm gonna try to add all the ones that I have seen and stuff.

Also, sorry for not responding until now! Other people were using the computer and I was sleeping and stuff.

Last edited:
Years
I gave Janna Tsuki ga Kirei and got Norogami. I've been meaning to see Norogami for a while so this should be interesting.

Years

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
That's fine.

You can have one I really liked from last year. Girlish Number.

Hmm, I guess it looks interesting enough. I'll go and give it a shot!

It was a bit of a hard choice, but I'll go and recommend Juni Taisen to you. It's pretty damn good, to be honest.

Years
So, I just finished Noragami.

I have to say that I really liked this series. It's premise isn't entirely unique but the way it is presented does feel somewhat different and the mechanics of the word of Noragami are definitely interesting - although again not totally unique. The plot itself is in a similar boat, the story we follow is fun and engaging but isn't amazingly strong, although by no means is it bad, but that doesn't matter as much as you'd think because the series' strengths lie elsewhere. The strength of Noragami's story is in its execution. The pacing of the show is impeccable and it contains a perfect mix of small snippets of intense action interspersed through larger components of emotional drama, with a little comedy sprinkled in for levity.

Where Noragami really excels though is in its characters. It's the story of their development and thus the plot events themselves take a back seat to the character focus. The main characters are all multi-faceted and believable despite the fantasy setting and don't fall entirely into old tropes. Hiyori can be the damsel in distress at times, but she's also independent, loyal and jovial. Yukine is bratty and hot headed but struggles with existential angst. Even Yato, who is at first presented as a goofy loser, has a far more serious side that often seeps through. There are a few secondary characters who could do with some further development and some history to some of the character relationships that needs to be further explored, but I'm holding out hope this will all be revealed in the sequel.

Also worth mentioning is that the animation is fluid and aesthetically pleasing and the soundtrack is exceptional. The music would be enjoyable on its own but more importantly does a fantastic job of adding to the atmosphere of the show.

I would definitely recommend Noragami to others and will watch the sequel soon. I'd say it's an 8/10

Last edited:
Years
^=))))))

Going to provide an update on mine too. Currently halfway into Tsuki ga Kirei as gimme recommended and will be finishing most likely by tomorrow evening. So far, I really really like it. The art is stunning and I feel it actually paints an accurate picture of middle schoolers and their experience with love/romance. Not sure if it's something only I noticed but the voice acting seems to be more focused on sounding as realistic as possible for the characters; less focus on lengthening their speech to show off the voice actors' capabilities and more on the awkward and unsure mumbles that come with new experiences for these young characters going through puberty and experiencing romantic love for what is probably the first time. Episode 5 ended on a real interesting part that honestly kinda worries me, since I want the main pair to work out....but we'll see where that goes.

edit: I finished watching... ♥ Am really happy with the ending, to be honest I was getting paranoid that something bad would happen. But the ending was adorable and I love the two of them a lot ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

This time round is nearly done, how's everyone coming along?

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
I have an 883 word review on the anime I was given. I can condense it if necessary but I was waiting for others to post theirs just so I knew what I was doing was right lmao.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not ready to throw words yet but I'm almost halfway through the first Higurashi.

I will say that, in the interest in continuing with my partner, I'll probably stop at the halfway point and give my thoughts there (the former will probably happen later today) so I can resume at some point in the future.

Back