• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently working on?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
What pieces are you working on currently? It is something you're planning on posting, is it something pokémon? Short story, periodical? Are you having trouble writing it, or are you breezing through the process? Just air yourself 'ere.

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
I'm currently working on... well, many things, but a big one for me right now is my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story, Legacy of Hatred.

Every time I finish a chapter, I spend time thinking about worldbuilding, which characters I'm going to use, and generally a way to make each chapter have a punch to it while still keeping the long-term story in mind. I like to plan out things in advance, so updating might take a bit.

My primary concern is having the inspiration to make a new chapter, really.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
My primary concern is having the inspiration to make a new chapter, really.

Inspiration isn't as important motivation. To make progress and better your skills it's a lot more important to just do it. Inspiration is a score modifier, but it doesn't do anything if the score is zero. You have to rack up points so it can modify.

Just writing, even without inspiration, really is a good way to summon it. Because you think about writing, about your story, working with it. And if it doesn't come, you've still been productive.

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Inspiration isn't as important motivation. To make progress and better your skills it's a lot more important to just do it. Inspiration is a score modifier, but it doesn't do anything if the score is zero. You have to rack up points so it can modify.

Just writing, even without inspiration, really is a good way to summon it. Because you think about writing, about your story, working with it. And if it doesn't come, you've still been productive.

When I say "inspiration", I actually mean having motivation to work on something. I have quite a few things going on in my life right now, so if I feel like it's a good time to pump out another chapter I'm going to take it.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
When I say "inspiration", I actually mean having motivation to work on something. I have quite a few things going on in my life right now, so if I feel like it's a good time to pump out another chapter I'm going to take it.

Motivation's also not something you just wake up with, ideally. It can really be beneficial to force motivation. But if writing's just something to relax to, I don't think it really carries the same weight.

Bay

Years
I've been writing Foul Play on and off for a year now. I still want to continue it since I have ideas that are worthwhile to write, but some weeks/months it's a struggle since I've been comparing myself too much to other writers and made me unmotivated for a little while. I actually have Chapter Four ready and have it posted in several places already, but I'll wait a bit more until I post it here due to what happened here recently.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Well I have my shattered crests and PMD the series.

I am trying to spur into more original workings now so that's taking some focus. I've had a lot of ideas on stories and whatnot, and playing them out and seeing what peeps think of them is a good way to start my original works. (Hell, how many plot lines for characters have I made heh)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm not even sure tbh. It's hard to explain because I haven't fleshed out many of the details (which I really should do that). It's supposed to be about an autistic woman trying to find love, but she finds it in her best friend. Thing is, I've written these kind of stories over and over again in different forms... but I can't seem to write anything else either. D:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Hmmmm stuff I'm working on....

These are among the hardest weeks of the year at work, so I have not had the energy to work on the stuff I usually do. My rewrite of Built for Risk has slowed down to a crawl, for one.

What I'm doing instead to try and loosen my narrative wrists is to write random fragments of whatever comes up, Pokémon-wise. Scenes that could reasonably happen with the characters that I have in mind, even if they don't take part of a story that is going to be worked on for the time being.

Am I going to pastebin them or post them somewhere? Honestly I don't know. Since they are simple things, they are very short, they don't have anything like a plot or quality going for them, they are all disconnected from each other. What do people think about "mini-works" in general?

...If I can make enough of them it might make some sense to post them as an Anthology, maybe.

I'm currently working on... well, many things, but a big one for me right now is my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story, Legacy of Hatred.
Good! The world needs more PMD content, and it's always good to have. I'm wsishing you the best here.

And if I can help you spend time in worldbuilding more productively, shoot me a word.

Motivation's also not something you just wake up with, ideally. It can really be beneficial to force motivation. But if writing's just something to relax to, I don't think it really carries the same weight.
This so much this. You can't forcefully motivate yourself to write and still call it motivation, unless it's some kind of self-blackmail "offer you can't refuse" kind of thing. And we like or or not what we write begrudgingly is, well, begrudged writing.

All that said, "I want to get these plot bunnies off my damn head" seems to be very good self-motivation.

Compiling neat sounding spell/power names, for my general reference.
Do feel free to share somewhere, we could pool more resources~

Years
Currently I'm working on Stairway to Heaven, my fic here, and a modern fantasy novel/serial (probably the latter but I've been considering going the novel route instead lately). I've also got ideas floating in my head for a more high fantasy story and also a horror one.

My problem is always that I have too many things I want to work on at once but I'm determined I'm not starting anything else until I've made enough progress on what I'm already doing.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm thinking of working an AkuRoku (Axel x Roxas; Kingdom Hearts) fanfic where Axel gets a cold or something. I think it would be so cute! As for what I'm currently doing, it happens to be another AkuRoku fic about Roxas's first Christmas. >w< It's an AU and what not.

Bay

Years
Oh wow didn't realize this thread was created a year ago haha. Anyways, I'm still working on Foul Play and only have a handful of chapters left. I haven't written any new material of it since September I need to change that soon.

I've also been working on a short story for a holiday exchange for another site. I finished the rough draft I just need to do the editing. I've also been working on an outline for a Fire Emblem: 3 Houses story after watching playthroughs of the game on YouTube. I bought the game recently and I plan to play it after I get done with Pokemon Sword so I get more context and such.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
So also looking at this thread over a year later and right now more of reality has set in for me in what I can handle.

I'm only working on shattered crests at the moment, even though I do want to write my PMD series one day. However, amid all this, several other writing ideas have come up with an original trilogy (maybe four entries) starting to crop up and get formed.

Overall, it's interesting seeing how different I take writing now as compared to my older self and all.

Back