• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Did a search and it said no threads on tattoos could be found??? So here we are with a new tattoo thread.

Do you have any tattoos? If so what are they? Pics would be great :D

If not - do you want tattoos?

--

I've got a couple at the moment, both on my left arm. A small symbol of the gods from Hercules on my forearm. Apart from being a really fun movie with a great soundtrack, for me one interpretation of the movie is that in order to be recognised as a hero, you only need to change one person's life, which is how I try and live my life - making small impacts in people's lives.

My other one is this beauty (below) which I had a queer artist custom design for me to put on my bicep. It's a bird breaking free of a statue. Statues are rigid and fake, whereas birds are beautiful and free. It represents the coming out process allowing you to break free of being trapped and be beautiful and free. Also partially inspired by the "you can exhale now, Simon" scene from Love, Simon. I love the level of detail my artist was able to put into it, it's so aesthetic hahah.

Spoiler:

I'd like to get more, the next idea I'm playing around with is a fire-resistant plant for the back of my forearm. I don't like text tattoos, but symbolic images.

--

Anyway that's me, keen to hear from you all!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
My first one only took 15 mins and my second about two hours. Neither was too painful, it's essentially like drawing on your skin with a pen (except deeper). But of course varies depending on your pain tolerance and the part of your body you get it on.

Years
I'm looking into getting hennas at some point soon, but no permanent tattoos. I can't predict the future so I don't know if I'd really regret anything I'm going to get in the present day and age, so I'd rather stick to temporary stuff.

Years
I've thought about it but there's nothing I'm really interested in enough to commit to and I'm not about to get a tattoo just for the sake of having one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've always wanted a tattoo. I just really haven't had the time. I've been thinking of it more recently though and trying to finally go through with it. Hopefully I'll have one by the end of the year!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
the only tattoos that really aesthetically speak to me are the neck and hand ones, and those are too big a commitment for me to really make. I'm also not punk enough to rock that shit, haha

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I really want one, but I have no idea what to get sadly. The one Josh posted is lovely!

Years
I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I have nothing against the people who have them. Except maybe criminals...

For such a big commitment, I think it should be relevant to who you are or your culture - like the people from New Zealand or any tribal community. Those tattoos are beautiful and tell a story. A profanity on one's upper arm that is accompanied by a cartoonish naked woman... it's not the height of sophistication. And from afar, I find tattoos look like bruises. When I see a woman with them from a few metres away, I usually think 'that poor thing is black and blue' and then I find out it was on purpose without the assistance of an abusive lover.

But the people who tattoo their eyeballs! Good lordy. It's rather like a hippy permanently dyeing their skin tye-dye. I think one should let clothes and mien speak for them; not bodily ruination.

That being said, I wouldn't mind an eyebrow stud and perhaps a pierced ear to bring attention to my jawline. Edgy and removable, and forty years from now I won't be kicking myself.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'll never get any tattoos. There are times when I've thought about it, but nope. Not going to happen. I can't imagine dealing with all that pain. D: Clayne Crawford has a lot of tattoos though, and they are beautiful. <3 I like tattoos on guys because it adds sort of extra flair to them, I guess? idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't have any tattoos but I want some. You know those douchey tribal tattoos with the sharp edges and curves that run along the side, back, torso, and arm? Yeah, I want those like this

Last edited:
Years
I actually don't have any tattoos! I'm super indecisive, but I've always kinda wanted to get something small and cool on my forearm. But, like, I don't want anything super basic. :thonk:

I don't have any tattoos but I want some. You know those douchey tribal tattoos with the sharp edges and curves that run along the side, back, torso, and arm? Yeah, I want those like this
htDDaO2.gif

Years
The thought has crossed my mind but ultimately I don't think I ever will as I'm very particular when it comes to potential permanent changes to my body.

If I ever did get one I already know it wouldn't be because I'd want to have something "meaningful" inscribed on my person, that's so not me. It'd primarily be about aesthetics. But since a permanent change is off putting to me it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I think many tattoos are cool to look at.

Though I can't think of anything significant enough for me yet, that would make one worth getting.

Back