• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How has your writing changed in the past five years?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Maybe your comedic sensibilities have shifted? Try a different style of comedy.
Mm, it's not really... When I re-read my old stuff, it's still funny. That hasn't changed. I'm still amused by the same things. It's specifically that I don't write as well as I used to, at least in that way.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm not even sure tbh... I mean, not in the last five years anyway? I stumbled upon a notebook I wrote for a story though... and while it might not be writing per se, I still think it's important to share. Back when I realized my autism (around HS junior year), I wrote a story about these twins and one was nonverbal autistic. I actually cringed at how badly written it was because I wrote it without bothering to do my research. Now, I do nothing BUT research because it's important to know what you are dealing with. It's not good to wing a something you know little about... just a little advice for y'all.

Bay

Years
I think I'm paying more attention to how I write body language and reactions. Before I tend to just use like a character's eyes widening when they're surprised, but now I'm trying more variety. I still notice using the same reactions sometimes, but I think I'm getting better at it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I'd like to say I'm better at showing how characters feel in my stories and that I'm better at putting more detail into the things I write. I try to make it less dialogue and more detail about how a character feels or describing the environment around them.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I used to make up stories on the fly, just for fun, with few, if any regards to worldbuilding. Now I'm a bit too pragmatic when it comes to the whats, hows, and whys of my stories, especially my larger projects.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
My writing used to be conversational. I used to try to write in the "stream of consciousness" style, but I'm not sure that's me anymore.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
I no longer anger Bay every paragraph by having a passive voice section included.

But jests aside (PS: thanks for putting up with it till I got sorta better at not doing thing, Bay), I think my biggest improvements was taking time to actually think about what I wanted to put into a chapter and the editing. I know it's not that visible in the draft posted here, but in the polishing up I'm doing (which will be put here when it catches us), I think it shows.

Back