• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Ultra Beasts

Years
- Celesteela: ...What is this supposed to be? A rocket engine? How does this thing even live? Does it eat food? Can it see? Also no.

- Blacephalon: Please explain this thing. Slithers towards people, apparently. Blows up its own head. Sports garish colors. Glued multicolored balls randomly onto a stick person. Never contemplated who would be on a Bottom 10 Pokemon list. Guesses this to be on there.

You can't see it on the pokedex image, but yes Celesteela can see. It has tiny eyes near the top of it's main body. You can see it ingame in Sw/Sh at any rate when in a Pokemon fight =)

PokeDex calls Blacephalon the 'Fireworks Pokémon'. The central body looks like a fireworks rocket. The head is one of those heavy 'firework orbs' (idk what they're called) that can be shot into the sky. It's always looked like a discoball to me though 😂

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I really like the Ultra Beasts, which does surprise me a little. I've vocally complained about overdesigned legendaries like Genesect and the big one in SwSh who I can't be bothered to remember the name of. But the Ultra Beasts are genuine aliens, and I'm okay with them looking like it. Plus, unlike the former two, their designs aren't that overboard! They're weird by Pokémon standards, but not that weird or ugly in their own right.

When it comes to individual UBs...

[Nihilego
Cool, very simple but alien looking design.

Buzzwole
A little silly looking, but I still like it.

Pheromosa
Would be good if there weren't already a ton of Pokémon based on exaggerated feminine proportions. As it stands it just looks like it would be some stage 3 Fairy type.

Xurkitree
Weird, not super charismatic design but I'll take it.

Celesteela
Okay this one is genuinely ugly.

Kartana
Grass ninja! I like.

Guzzlord
Love! Seems people hate this one and I do not get it, it looks so weird and cool, but still in a restrained way that makes it look like a conceivable alien Pokémon.

Poipole
Shaped like a friend.

Naganadel
This one is bad, I can't even really tell what it's supposed to be.

Stakataka
Like Pheromosa, this one isn't weird enough compared to existing Pokémon and could be some stage 3 Rock type.

Blacephalon
Cool! I love the colours. And the idea of a weird alien fire clown is... certainly interesting!

Years
Ultrabeasts weren't a bad part of gen 7 imo. Gen 7 is my least fav gen for many other reasons, but not at all for Ultrabeasts. Despite I think that gen 6 would have been more suitable for aliens, I have to say that the idea was quite good. I don't like how in USUM the places where u can catch them are basically just rooms and I think they could have got even more involved in the story. About their designs, they aren't too bad looking imo. Not my fav, but not my least fav. The ones I like the most are (in order): Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Naganandel, Blacephalon. I don't really mind the rest, except Buzzwole, that I really hate because I have a problem with very muscular pokemon (idk y lol). I don't like Guzzlord but I like his typing and the bit of story in its universe is the only good one imo.

Years
Honestly, I like them! Even odder ones like Blacephalon. Poipole is in my top 10 Pokémon list so I'm biased in favor of UBs solely cause of that. <3 The only one I don't like is Pheromosa because its thin arms/legs creep me the heck out and I cannot stand cockroaches. Most Pokémon grow on me to an extent but this one never did. Oof. :(

Back