• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help] Old man looking for cards...

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
So my kids are getting into pokemon cards now and they have some but are bugging me to get them more. Everywhere around is selling out basically the day they are restocked so I wanted to get some from other places like ebay. My kids are saying that the EX, GX, V, and Break are the cards they want. I've seen ebay has lots of those types but the price range is fairly wide. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on these since they will most likely get traded and/or bent/damaged.

What is a good price for some random EX/GX lots and are the V and Break more valuable?
Is ebay a viable place to get real cards?
Is there a better online site to get real cards even if they are not the EX/GX/V etc?

Thanks for any insight, I appreciate it.

DrWho42

ka kaw
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
hi there! welcome to the forums! i haven't used ebay for tcg but i'm sure posters here have.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Quick internet search and I was looking at this site unpluggedgamestore.com, are the packs on there going price or high? Where do you get cards from?

Years
Hello & welcome romanlynch.
You might wanna try asking in the TCG section of the forums. People there will probably be able to provide help =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So my kids are getting into pokemon cards now and they have some but are bugging me to get them more. Everywhere around is selling out basically the day they are restocked so I wanted to get some from other places like ebay. My kids are saying that the EX, GX, V, and Break are the cards they want. I've seen ebay has lots of those types but the price range is fairly wide. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on these since they will most likely get traded and/or bent/damaged.

What is a good price for some random EX/GX lots and are the V and Break more valuable?
Is ebay a viable place to get real cards?
Is there a better online site to get real cards even if they are not the EX/GX/V etc?

Thanks for any insight, I appreciate it.
Welcome to PC! The best place to ask and learn about the TCG and the cards is our dedicated forum section here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=tcg

Do you think you'll play the game or are the kids mostly into the collecting and trading part? :3 When I was a kid I actually did both~

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 23, 2021
Oh okay. I looked through there but got the impression it was for the pokemon video games. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh okay. I looked through there but got the impression it was for the pokemon video games. Thanks.
Many of our sections are for the video games, hence why we mark one specifically for the trading card game c:

Back