• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I like the new eeveelution. But then, I like them all. I don't even care what type it is. Eevee and its evolutions have always been a favourite of mine.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.

Espeon and Umbreon looked immediately natural to me. The Pokémon I thought looked odd back when I first played GSC was Cyndaquil, but I didn't think it was ugly.

Ninfia, however, looks way too different from the other eeveelutions. At first I thought it was a standalone Pokémon. It doesn't help that it looks the most girly of them either.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
I have a feeling that the "Ninf" in Ninfia comes from the word feminine.

It would be cool to have a male counterpart named Linmia (Masculine).

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The name sounds like it's based off the word "nymph", to me. Since we already have a grass, water and dark type Eevee and this certainly doesn't look like a ground-type, I think it will be based off celestial nymphs, which mostly represented stars and light.

I personally think it will be a Light-type. One could say it's designs are similar to Skyla and stuff and would argue that it will be Flying-type, but the blue/red could also be references to the Red and Blue ends of the light spectrum.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Does anyone notice Ninfia doesn't have "Eon" at the end of it's name?

I change my mind about it being Flying or Normal, because in Corocoro they said it's type is a secret, which could mean that is a new type, and I am so hoping that new type is "Light".

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Well yeah, "Ninfia" is the Japanese name. Japanese names of the eeveelution pokemon don't have -eon at the end. Like for instance, "Leafia" is the Japanese name for Leafeon.

Eh, actually, I'm starting to think that maybe that's all we'll get for this month, since more scans reveled a Rumble game for Wii U, and so on, but... I dunno.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024

The Japanese names don't use the same convention the English names use.
EDIT: So ninja'd.

Well, my two cents is that it would be a Flying-type. I don't think we'll have another Normal-type, and I really don't want another type to be introduced.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
When Dark and Steel were introduced in GSC, it was because the game was broken. Psychic had no legitimate threats, so they had to make some.

What is so broken in Pokemon today that they need new type. Haven't we learned by now that Game Freak firmly believes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Light type itself is stupid because Fire makes light. Any Pokemon slated to be Light Type could easily be re-cast as a Fire pokemon.

Plus, there are a bunch of type combinations that haven't even be tried before.

The new Eevee is jarring to say the least. It it for real... I love all the other ones. IF this new one is flying type, I will love it too.

1. Because we need a Pure Flying type pokemon. (Tornadus doesn't count.)
2. It doesn't look like any other type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
It looks very flying-type ish. Also, the bows look like buterflies, so it could definitely be a Flying type. Its hair scarf things look like Skyla's hair, too.

In any case, I love it. It's ADORABLE.

Years
It looks like Victini - the colour scheme, the fangs, even the "V" design on its paws and its forehead. Perhaps it's a Victini forme when combined with Eevee, an extension of the same mechanism/concept they used for Kyurem-B/W?

*Or an Eevee forme/evolution in the presence of Victini?

Last edited:
Years
I just don't see GF going for any kind of mechanism that would merge legendary with normal Pokemon anytime soon, that would seem too awkward of a feature to have.

Very true. Which begs the question, why is it just so reminiscent of Victini anyways? It's been recorded in interviews (don't remember which) that the artists and staff spend a lot of time creating unique silhouettes and designs for pokemon to avoid repetition. If it were a flying type, they could use pastel cool colours, especially blues and greys - or even browns, if they go for a bird theme versus an air/cloud theme.

The only thing it shares with Victini is the eyes and perhaps the fangs

On the other hand, there's simply no other way to combine a Victini and an eeveelution in the same design other than what they've got here, barring the bows. It has to be a quadruped with the same proportions. And its fur pattern doesn't have to be exactly the same as Victini's - it still retains the colour and the "V" theme. The fact that it looks so similar to Victini an association too easy to make - even if it has nothing to do with Victini. This would imply a breach in their dedication to maintain uniqueness among their pokemon - which doesn't look good on the designers' parts.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I.. really don't think the art means all that much. It could be just a coincidence that the two look similar (which I kind of don't see to be honest; it doesn't look -exactly- like Victini). I mean, juuust because pokemon look like various other pokemon, doesn't necessarily mean it means much of anything. A lot of pokemon do share some familiar facial features, especially the eyes.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Since when does Ninfia look anything like Victini...? I'm sorry, but I am not able to see any real resemblance, other than the resemblances that MANY Pokemon share.

I think Ninfia is very unique as a Pokemon, compared to what we currently have.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
The first thing I thought when I saw it was that it looked like Victini mixed with Milotic.

I think it's a new type, which I think will be a Rainbow-type, and I would of thought that even if there wasn't a rainbow in the background. I also think the new legendary Pokémon revealed last month are the same type, plus something additional. The one for Y is clearly part Flying-type.

I would prefer a Light-type, which is something I've wanted since gen 2.

This announcement clearly means a return to having new evolutions for older Pokémon which makes me extremely happy. I didn't think we would see a new Eevee, but I was hoping for one. I hope we get a second one, but I doubt it. I don't like the look of this one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So how will Ninfeon's base stats will be spread? We know it's 130, 110, 90, 65, 65, and 60 from all Eeveelutions.

When Dark and Steel were introduced in GSC, it was because the game was broken. Psychic had no legitimate threats, so they had to make some.

What is so broken in Pokemon today that they need new type.

Dragon types, Water types, Fighting types, Steel types, Stealth Rock, Physical Pursuit, Perma-weather summoners, and the severe lack of Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, and Poison types in OU.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
Aaah, it's adorable! I'm thinking it looks an awful lot like a normal type. Although it could be flying, with all the flowiness, and the ribbons do look a little bit like butterflies.

Perhaps it evolves when given a ribbon or winning one (possibility of contests?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back