• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Johnny and Fox are accepted!
Waiting on Rika, Varys, and Alvey's full SUs before I decide on acceptance (though is it really a question? XD)

Also, further notes that you may want to know:

-Everyone will be starting in the school. Either as a current student or as a newly enrolled student, you will be in one or the other.
-I will also at some point during RPs be JPing with everyone at least once, for some monster fights in order to ensure you don't kill it too quickly or struggle too much too early/late. This way I can help push your characters to where they need to be for when the RP needs to progress. I also will want to draw out characters abilities in random spots, making you push yourselves randomly. This JPs will be timed according to your plot, but won't be optional, so make sure you're prepared for some interesting battles ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Johnny and Fox are accepted!
Waiting on Rika, Varys, and Alvey's full SUs before I decide on acceptance (though is it really a question? XD)

Also, further notes that you may want to know:

-Everyone will be starting in the school. Either as a current student or as a newly enrolled student, you will be in one or the other.
-I will also at some point during RPs be JPing with everyone at least once, for some monster fights in order to ensure you don't kill it too quickly or struggle too much too early/late. This way I can help push your characters to where they need to be for when the RP needs to progress. I also will want to draw out characters abilities in random spots, making you push yourselves randomly. This JPs will be timed according to your plot, but won't be optional, so make sure you're prepared for some interesting battles ;)
I will do my best to finish the SU tomorrow. <3

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Well, my thought was that since so many people were joining (and were apparently fans), if I joined it would mean one less spot for someone who deserved it more than me. But now, I'm thinking that with so many fans joining, maybe we need an outsider's perspective! And I've got a few ideas in my head, so I'll make a character, see if I like it.

I actually think that is the majority xD I've never heard of RWBY myself before this and the only reason I joined is because of the faunus race :3

Years
DwMYziA.jpg

Name: Salazar Jones

Race: Crocodile Faunus

Personality: Much like the crocodile, Sal is patient, alert, and analytical. He is highly curious, always watching and learning, especially about Semblance. When not observing people, he is either relaxing or exploring his surroundings. He would like to say that knowledge is its own reward, and that satisfying his curiosity is reason enough to explore, but he hopes his exploits offer a more substantial treasure. He collects trinkets and souvenirs, hoarding them in his home. About the only thing he won't collect is food, which he instead devours without a second thought, and finding his next meal is always on his mind.

Sal often has trouble interacting with others. Although outwardly calm, he is beset by his addictions. He gets a little too excited at the idea of food, is fiercely protective of his baubles, and is far too eager for combat. He tends to come off as arrogant or even a little deranged, often referring to his opponents as "prey", or types of Semblance as "flavors".

He is a firm believer that might makes right, with the rules being made by those who are strong enough to enforce them. With his sheer size and power, he knows he has strength, and isn't afraid to share his opinion, but he recognizes that there is more to being strong than just muscle. He respects those who can win using their intelligence or agility, and enjoys spending time with those who can offer a different viewpoint than his, be they human or Faunus.

Appearance: Sal is broad-shouldered and well-muscled, stands 6' 9" and is covered in dark green scales. His eyes are yellow with slitted pupils, and he is completely bald. He has a firm, square jaw and a mouthful of sharp, shiny teeth. His right arm, starting just below the elbow, is made of slightly bulky dull-gray metal.

His usual clothing includes brown slacks and a black belt, though he doesn't like shoes. Although he doesn't usually wear a shirt, he often wears a sleeveless black jacket, a leather duster that reaches his knees.

Semblance: Sobek's Blessing. Sal's Semblance manifests as a sickly green glow around his hands, which allows him to drain Aura through physical contact. Essentially, his attacks not only damage the body, but the soul as well. At its most basic level, it merely devours the Aura, reducing the effectiveness of Semblances. Unfortunately, his power is nearly useless against Grimm, who have no Aura to drain.

Weapon: After losing his right arm from the elbow down, Sal replaced it with the mechanical Grappling Hand. It functions as a normal hand, but is more durable for being made of metal. Further, the hand itself can be fired off like a projectile, but is attached by a metal cable and retains all manual dexterity. This means his hand can be used as a grappling hook, or to punch something from across the room, or even grab things from a distance.

Roleplay Sample: From Titans: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8762496&postcount=57

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Probably should have reserved sooner. Hopefully not causing any trouble by shoving my way into here.
Edit: Completed
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
SU WIP

Spoiler:

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
My SU is done. Sorry, I've been catching up to my sleep for the past two days. My semester is finally overrr.

Years

Lars Berrardi

Race: Human

Personality: Lars doesn't care much for anything. He tends to take everything one step at a time and lives life however he sees fit; which can become a problem. While he never goes out of his way to harm others, he cares little for things like subtlety and political correctness, which can lead to him often appearing insensitive and rude.

He also has no issues with his self-confidence, taking up almost every opportunity he can to gloat about whatever he can, whether it be: his skills in battle, his weapon, his achievements, or anything else he can laud over others. Though this is regularly done in jest, he has been called arrogant many times in the past, a comment he simply laughs away.

Lars always seems to be on a downward spiral. While he often gets himself into trouble with his uncaring nature, his argumentative and confrontational personality gets him into even more. Add that to his inability to resist making a 'witty' comment, and you have a recipe for disaster. This combination of things forced Lars into fights a lot as a child, which is part of the reason he wanted to become a hunter.

Appearance: Lars stands at a respectable height of 5'11", with a very athletic build. He has jet black hair in an Ivy League cut, reminiscent of his father and full brown eyes which resemble those of his mother. The rest of his features are sharp, giving his face a very refined look.
In terms of attire, Lars has never been one for overdressing. He wears a yellow cloth neck wrap, which hangs down to the lower half of his back. He also wears a black long sleeve back top with the plain white T shirt he wears on top of it. Around both wrists, he wears a yellow cloth vambrace, which stretches up to three quarters of his forearm. He also wears a pair of beige Jodphurs, which tuck comfortably into his black knee high laced boots. His boots of course are fitted with his weapon, the plasma grinders.

Semblance: Flash Step
Flash Step allows Lars to move at incredible speeds, beyond what the human eye can follow, making it appear as if he can teleport. He can use this ability in combat to dodge attacks, disorient enemies and quickly counterattack. This ability acts as an option when fighting ranged enemies, since he primarily excels at close range.

He is also fast enough to create a slipstream that can pick up a large number of objects, including people. Lars can also grab hold of other people or objects and carry them off at high speeds with his Semblance.

Weapon: The Plasma grinders are two fully functional, dust launching greaves that Lars attaches to his boots. Lars is able to use the weapon to aid him in jumping, as well as boosting his kicking power. In order to use them effectively, Lars has had to study multiple kick based disciplines, which have allowed him to manipulate the aiming capabilities of the weapon.
Roleplay Sample:

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
Shak and Godzil are accepted.

Other notes:
@Varys the Galvantula: please edit your Semblance. In it's current form, being able to directly affect others as well as yourself is extremely overpowered. You can either have you character materialise and de-materialise at will at the cost of not being able to cause other objects to do this as well, or the other way around. Not both.

@Geras32: laser-cannons are a little bit too high-tech, and this weapon in particular is also extremely strong. If you made the rifle use bullets and have the dust manipulate these in some way, that would be okay. Lasers, 'fraid not.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I was thinking more like One Piece Devil Fruit Awakening type for my power at its maximum but if it is too OP, then I'll remove it altogether. :)

Circuit

Years
Aeternum said:
GODDAMN IT

YOU.

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER'S SURNAME RIGHT NOW. Seriously that is not an okay German word to use as a surname change it asap.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
357397528a50c89a730b716cea694f0a-d8d4tze.jpg

Xyra Coronis
[sy-ruh]
Freedom, now in color.

Spoiler:

race: Human

appearance: This petite girl does what she can to be visible and stand out. Her skin is a deeply brown shade, her hair the longest and blackest you've probably seen, although it is reflecting light extremely well. She would want to color her hair as a rainbow but her mother has strongly disapproved. Instead, she shows her passion for color through clothing and accessories. Her most common attire consists of pastel colored tunics of various models, and some kind of heavier (but bright and colorful) boots. Cutesy shoes like in the picture, she mostly only wears when she's pretty sure she won't be doing any fighting. The same goes for being bare legged - usually she wears dark leggings as a contrast. As her eyes are naturally dark brown, she often wears colored lenses to make them appear bright and exotic. She wears make-up daily, even when she's going off to a fight (water proof mascara of course!) but usually no jewelry. However, in battle situations she wears a large belt with holders for paint cartridges, and in more casual situations she usually carries around her old shoulder bag where there's even more paint, among other things. She also wears her weapon, a giant black paintbrush, with a strap across her other shoulder and the chest. It's able to be minimized, but only slightly on each end, so it's still about one meter long in its retracted state (and around two meters long in its full length).

personality: Xyra is the daughter of a very famous artist, Amaysa Coronis. Her paintings are renowned around Vale and she has gotten both famous and wealthy from it. Xyra's older syster, Toru Coronis, has diligently followed in their mother's footsteps and developed a radical artstyle of her own. Xyra tried... But she really couldn't draw anything beautiful or actually similar to whatever she was trying to paint. Basically, she was useless as an artist, but to admit that would be to renounce the Coronis name. Instead of showing off her lousy paintings, Xyra learned to move conversations over to safer topics, and she also made sure to aid and support her sister so often in her work so that Toru wouldn't feel the need to mention Xyra's own "work". Xyra still loved colors though, and while she helped her sister's work by mixing new shades and types of paints, she got the idea to also mix in Dust one day. That had really interesting consequences...

Overall, Xyra is an upbeat and curious person, without being hyperactive. She has a hard time restraining herself when there is something that could possibly be interesting to look into. Emotions aren't something she keeps bottled up - her feelings are as good as always worn on her outside. In the past, that was a way to get attention when Toru was the talented and well liked sibling. Nowadays it's just a habit, a way to be that isn't likely to change unless something serious prompts it. Xyra associates emotions with colors and will often judge people or environments depending on what colors they wear or are decorated with. While her family is a rather strict (but kind) one, Xyra invites chaos and freedom and is usually open to surprises and new discoveries. A messy color stained studio is better than a grayscale tidy room. She has never been allowed to decide many things for herself, was never allowed a pet or even to bring friends over as much as she'd wanted when she was younger. Her mother knew exactly how she wanted her daughter's life to be like. Luckily, Toru is not a proud, mean sister just because she is older and more talented in the Coronis art ways. Rather, Toru is very humble and kind and somebody Xyra trusts and loves with all of her being. Even though she has always been jealous of the way things are; the jealousy makes her feel bad. But of course, Toru knows this, as it's apparent from Xyra's stance and facial expression when she feels uncomfortable in any way, as mentioned before.

After Xyra had begun to mix Dust into the paint her sister used, the paint started to display Dust related properties when subjected to force or aura. For example, a painting could catch fire or melt away and one particular mixture even made Toru fall asleep upon touch. Xyra took note and started to carry around a bag with bottles of the Dustpaints she had mixed, experimenting with painting or throwing the color onto things and learning its effects. It wasn't very artistic, at least not in the traditional Coronis sense, but Xyra absolutely loved it.

This eventually activated her Aura, and when she realized that, she gained an even deeper understanding of the colors and effects. She got the idea to use the paints in a new kind of way. After adapting a broomstick into a giant paintbrush/battle staff, she started heading out into the forest at night to find Grim to battle. At first, it was extremely dangerous of course - she was a young teenager and had been living a very frail life. She was close to dying several times, only saved by her ingenious use of the Dustpaint's effects. But eventually, she grew stronger and more confident and started to love the very fighting itself as much as the colors.

Her main wish in life is to be good at something and looked up to. Since she can't paint proper art to save her life, she feels pretty much useless in the Coronis family. However, her Dustpaint knowledge and Painbrush skills allows her to do something nobody else has, which spurs her. Her semblance minions evolve as an extension of that will to be seen, to do and have things that she never could before. Freedom, now in color.

weapon: PAINBRUSH
That's right, pain, not paint. Well, there is paint involved as well, of course. It might inflict severe pain though. While her first true weapon was a customized broomstick, once her family learned about her secret hobby of fighting Grims recklessly, her sister spent a great part of the income from her art business on buying a properly crafted, custom designed weapon for Xyra. It was basically a huge paintbrush with a black metal body and a blade/spear in the other end - for slashing enemies that got too close and couldn't be battered easily with the staff as it was. At the middle of the body, there is a cartridge reloader, where Xyra can change what type of paint the Painbrush is using. Nowadays, she has adapted to a special belt instead of her old bag - where she stores cartridges for easy access and to be able to spend a few seconds changing ammo in the heat of battle if strategy calls for it.

The Painbrush can paint its special liquid onto surfaces as any brush would and cause the surface or whatever comes into contact with it to gain an effect or be affected by the Dust, or the brush can be flicked to toss wet "bombs" that release their effect upon contact. The latter is sort of tricky though, and sometimes don't form proper "bombs", just a sprayed streak. She often simply sprays the Dustpaint from the tip of the Painbrush though - like an Aura powered raygun. Normal Dustpaints only display their effects upon contact with something, so when stored within the brush or propelled through the air, it still just looks like glittery paint. Of course Xyra can also use the brush end at melee range. Getting slapped by a big wet brush, painting you red, will make your skin burn. Just imagine what the more exotic Dustpaints can do... But other times, the only thing that properly tells an enemy to fudge off and die, is a stern slashing from the bladed end of the weapon.

semblance: CHROMINIONS
Level 1 - Your starting level and the level at which your Semblance control and understanding is at its most basic. Your abilities will also be at their most basic.
Xyra realizes that in a pinch, she is able to sort of draw in the air and leave a blob of paint that falls to the ground and turns into a figure. It is shaped by her Aura, of course, symbolizing her emotions and will to keep fighting. The Dustpaint figure will fight by her side for a while before it fades, always displaying a little bit of the added Dust effect of whatever color she is currently using.

Level 2 - You have been pushed to develop, and are beginning to look at push yourself alone. Your Semblance control is still weak, but your abilities are improving.
She dubs her creations "Chrominions" and practices creating several of them at once. Their Dust effect is a little bit stronger.

Level 3 - You are now starting to develop your skills without an outside situation forcing you to. You are also gaining some understanding of your Semblance and your abilities continue to improve.
Chrominions now have actual shapes like creatures rather than just blobs with arms and legs, they can be several at a time and are also controlled by Xyra mentally. They are all smaller than Xyra herself. Their Dust effects are starting to catch up to the Painbrush's effects, but are only melee. Control and power becomes less the more of them are active at once, though.

Level 4 - You are beginning to realise your full potential and your Semblance control is growing. You can now refine your Semblance into two abilities your character can lean on in battles. "Think spells".
CHROMOSPY - A single Chrominion is drawn, who is tiny, basically colorless and can sneak around and be controlled by Xyra mentally. She can sense what it senses.
CHROMOCHAMP - A single Chrominion is drawn, who still only features one single type of Dust effect depending on the paint, but the Chromochamp is also huge and physically strong.

Level 5 - You are mastering control of your body. Your abilities are reaching their peak athletically. You can also develop a new Semblance ability.
Xyra finally redesigns her Painbrush to hold different kinds of cartridges in the main metal body, so that she can switch between them with the click of a button. So basically mid swing if she feels like it. She can only hold three kinds at one time like that though. If she wants to use a Dustpaint she hadn't planned to, or just a fourth one, she still has to reach for it on her belt.
CHROMOSOAR - A single Chrominion is drawn, shaped like an angel or bird or otherwise wing bearing creature. It can fly and also carry Xyra through the air.

Level 6 - Your body has reached the peak of its athletic abilities. You can also develop a new Semblance ability.
After having been exposed to so much Dustpaint through the years, Xyra's Aura can finally, without any outside instrument or materials, utilize the thraces that are inside of her and might never leave. This means that she finally doesn't need to recharge her Painbrush - it works as usual, but the paint and power is all drawn from her! Also, all of Xyra's Chrominions are now able to use their powers at a ranged distance, even though it's not as great as Xyra's own range.
RAINBOW WARRIOR - Xyra infuses a chosen Chrominion with several types of Dustpaint at once rather than just one. This can be a regular Chrominion, or a Chromochamp or a Chromosoar. (Chromospies don't have colors or Dust effects)

Level 7- You've mastered control of your Semblance, and you can develop an ultimate ability; one which can combine all others or be something entirely new. This ability is powerful but cannot be used often. This cannot guarantee victory when used either, but will be very powerful.
RAINBOW HUNTRESS - She powers up and becomes the Rainbow Huntress, which basically is her fusing with a Chromochamp and Chromosoar at once and being able to expel/spray all the types of Dustpaint that these particular Chrominions were made of - with or without her Painbrush. OP? You betcha!

roleplay sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8981168&postcount=13

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Cassandra "Cass" Alexandera
superthumb.jpg

Theme Song:
Spoiler:

Race: "Human"

Personality: Cass is not what you would call a prim and proper lady, being rough and rugged having made something of a name for herself due to her outrageous behavior. Cass is abrasive, immature, reckless, and vulgar reveling in simple pleasures and being generally hard to appreciate. This is likely a result of her overwhelming direct and honest nature as she is one to get to the point rather than tip toe around the issue, which in conjunction with her insensitivity makes Cass an unsympathetic and detached individual to say the least. Cass can be playful, however, often fooling around with others with her sarcasm and occasionally innocent humor. She does not take things seriously very often, looking at life as if it were a joke in itself.

She is an individualist, treasuring her own freedom above everything else and working for her own self interests, whatever they may be. Cass despises organized governments, strict traditions, and authority but does not actively pursue change. Instead she prefers watch everything unfold. She follows her whims and impulses doing whatever she feels like at the moment with little hesitation, valuing her own happiness above everything else. Therefore, Cass is not motivated by a desire to do good or evil and will only align herself with either if it serves her interests in some way. In this regard, Cass can take it a bit too far becoming overwhelmingly greedy and self interested, often asking "how does this benefit me?" when posed with any request.

Cass is indulgent, engaging in any activity she deems fun. Gambling, alcohol and aggressive flirting (she isn't picky by the way) are only the beginning for her. She can be often found at bars or taverns drinking to pass the time and then leaving without paying her tab. Cass takes any opportunity she can to break the law or cause, out of habit and simple fun. This goes in accordance with the fact that Cass has very flexible morals, and is not above committing questionable acts especially if coin is thrown into the equation. In fact, Cass can take things took far, reflecting near psychopathic tendencies. Being terribly volatile and easy to provoke, Cass loves to fight and get dirty. In combat, Cass gets caught up in the moment, often resulting in a poor fate for her opponent.

Semblance:
Fulgurant

Fulgurant takes the form of electricity manipulation, giving Cass the ability to generate, shape and manipulate electricity, the form of energy resulting from the existence of charged particles (such as electrons or protons) which give the user control over electric fields, electric charges, electric currents, electronics, and electromagnetism. This mostly takes the form of powerful bursts of electricity, amplifying Cass' already strong attacks with an literal electric punch. Electrical shocks, wave and explosions are commonplace charges that Cass flares into her attacks, dealing out incredible damage in a single "burst" of offense. Fulgurant also emerges by giving Cass boosts in her speed and agility through "riding" on electrical waves, closing the distance between her and her opponents at a quick rate. This makes Cass a fast and deadly opponent, though this semblance admittedly adds little, if anything, to her defensive capabilities meaning that Cass is reliant on her own innate toughness.

Cass' potential in the erratic adaptability of the semblance, as electrical manipulation can shape the very fabric of nature. The manipulation of magnetism to pull and push objects, supercharging objects to add new abilities, and generating forcefields and electrical constructs to add more versatility into her fighting style. However, many of these abilities are purely extant in theory and require significantly more training in order to unlock.

Weapon:
The Twin Enforcers

The Twin Enforcers are two massive heavy gauntlets that consume much of Cass' arms in metal. Prototype experimental weapons, the Twin Enforcers are roughly made and require consistent maintenance in order to function properly in combat. When operating at optimal levels, Cass' gauntlets work seamlessly into Cass brawling fighting style compromised by powerful punches and grapples, magnifying her already impressive strength and speed. The Twin Enforcers also function as a pair of shotguns, blasting opponents with a large spread of shells with every shot. The Twin Enforcers can carry loads of rounds to their hefty size, but require reloading after every two shots (usually done by simply pumping her hands). However, when not operating at optimal levels, the Twin Enforcers are finicky, with the gauntlets occasionally malfunctioning and the shotguns jamming.

A fun fact is that the Twin Enforcers are nearly impossible to lift on one's own, with Cass' superhuman strength being nearly required to use them. How Cass is capable of this is unknown to most.

Roleplay Sample:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8999547&postcount=5

Last edited:
Back