• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [OOC] [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Anime Psyclone The rules on which Pokemon you're allowed are also contained in that first post. I'd suggest having a thorough read through of it and checking other peoples SU's for inspiration.

Everyone else, I'm back, sorry, sorry, I'm working now I promiiiise!

HTS123.0 I'm happy to say you are accepted! Uh... sorry it took so long.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Alright folks, classes have officially started! I posted some information on how they'd work in the discord but I don't want anyone to miss it, so I'll put it here as well.

lasses will not be large joint posts, or even have a set posting order. The problems we encountered with these approaches in the old PTA meant classes often took forever or just fizzled out long before they got finished. Instead, @Yellow has suggested a new system that we're going to give a try. After I make a teacher post everyone in that class will have TWO DAYS/48 HOURS to post a reply interacting with the class - don't worry about waiting for someone else to go first! If you have the time to post, make a post, don't miss your window of free IRL time or let inspiration pass you by.

After that I'll make another teacher post continuing the class. If you miss the window to post, don't worry, you're still in the class! Your character just didn't happen to speak up during that particular section of the class.

Hopefully this means everyone gets a chance to take part. In the old system I would have waited for every single class member to post before carrying on, which depending on peoples schedules or people leaving the RP and not saying anything meant that... well, let's just say people stopped bothering with classes because they were a pretty sure way to get stuck doing nothing.

As with everything else we're doing in this RP this is an attempt. It might work, it might not. If it doesn't, I'll change the approach for the next IC day. So give it a try and make sure to let me know what you think of it. Preferably AFTER you at least give it a try!

The first set of teacher posts have gone up today, on the 19th, which means I'll be making the next set on the 21st. (Sometime in the afternoon European time, if anyone was wondering.)

If we find that two days is too long or too short we'll adjust it as we go. Have fun!

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
Hey, quick question. Could it be possible for my character to have a Banette that was a gift if it's level 10 or not? I'm okay if it's not.

astraling

just a sad little dingus in a chip bag
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2018
How long will this RP stay open? I'd love to make a sign up form, but I'm going to be a little short on time for a few days before I get back into the swing of things (classes just started back up, you see).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
oh my god!!!

I am so glad this is back!! I've been wondering when this RP will be back and I missed it so much!!

Give me until tomorrow to choose a character. Too bad I can't use my Teacher SU from the previous version of PTA, but I do plan to bring back Danielle.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ohhhh it'll be awesome to have ya back! I thought of bringing Mark back sometime as an older counterpart (He obviously wouldn't be a student anymore) But that'll happen when it happen hopefully x3 it'll be cool to see ya in the RP again though

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey Meganium - glad to hear you're coming back. Always nice to see the old faces.

Anime Psyclone Banette cannot be level 10 since it wouldn't have evolved by that point.

astraling The RP isn't going anywhere. Take your time!

Pure Essence

Years
Quick question. Could I give a Pokemon a move that it doesn't have but makes sense for it? (I want a Snivy with hypnosis.)

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
If the Pokemon can't learn it, they can't know it in the rp. Kinda like how Lucas's Growlithe doesn't know growl

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Generally speaking a Pokemon cannot learn a move it isn't able to learn via some in-game method. I'm open to making some exceptions for this, but it's pretty unlikely and probably something that would be allowed for a long time member of the RP (so no one anytime soon) who has shown they can handle things well.

That being said, the closest to Hypnosis a Snivy can learn is probably Glare via breeding? I know it isn't the same but it's a non-damaging status inflicting move that would make it easier for a snake based predator to strike. Looking at you, Basilisk...

tommyeatsdonuts

Proffesional Donut Eater
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Yo, I hope it isn't super late but I've sorta been interested in this. Tried making a character and I thought it was fun, especially since it's my first time (whoops).

Here is Cicero Woodbury, a spunky kid.

Spoiler:

So like I said earlier, this is my first rp here and I might have a few questions here and there, so just warnin' yah about that.
Tight.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
tommyeatsdonuts Hey there! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've had a fairly insane RL month and am just picking up the pieces. You're accepted! If you haven't already I strongly suggest you join our discord channel - the link is in the first post - as it's the best place to ask questions and get to know everybody.

Pure Essence

Years
Hey, do you think I could have a Pokemon that knows more moves of one type that it normally doesn't learn?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I'm not super clear on how this is different than the question we covered before? Could you be more specific please, or give examples?

Pure Essence

Years
For example, I want to have an Eevee that is part Poison Pokemon, and this is reflected in it's moves. (I don't actually this is an example). Would this be possible?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
No. I'm not sure why you think this would be acceptable, at no point have I stated here, in the OC or elsewhere that you can have Pokemon hold a Type they don't have. What I did say was that people being allowed to give their Pokemon moves they wouldn't normally be able to learn would be "something that would be allowed for a long time member of the RP (so no one anytime soon) who has shown they can handle things well."

There's clearly been a pretty severe misunderstanding. What you're discussing is effectively a Fakemon and not something allowed in this RP.

Robin

p-pix?
Years
I hope this is better : )
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
Is this RP still active? I've never RPed before and thought this would be a good way to start.

Back