• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
I've got two questions:

one
I've got a major problem here...

When I edit the map of Route 111 in Emerald and then load the game, it sometimes shows up uneditted.
I know you cant be in the same map you're editting, but thats not the case.
It's kinda hard to explain...

Say, I save in the Trainer Hill tower thingy, then edit Route 111, then load the rom and exit the building, it randomly shows the origional uneditted route 111.
But sometimes it will show the editted version, its all very weird!

And another problem, if I make the map larger, the character sometimes gets stuck at the point at which Mauville city connects to route 111.
See Answare at bottom of this Post.

I too am also having this problem, though it only seems to be route 111, i made it mountainous and got rid of the trainer hill and revamped the Desert and added a cave. But if i enter 111 through the cave enterance it is sometimes stays but if i enter from the mauville location it shows the route if it wasnt editied. Maybe it is an Advance Map problem. And now that i know its not just me i may have to contact Lu-Oh about this...
See answer in PM (or at bottom, it's the same)

Have you tried deleting/removing the level script? Sometimes the level script conflicts with the level header, changing the map a bit. also able to cause freezing of the game.
Check the level scripts, ans see which one would need deleting, if not all of them.
Yes, this is the thing. There are Maps that exists more than 1 time. It is the same as Miracle island, they will be open on spezial way, if a flag or something is set.

@All who have this Prolem:
Hi

No there is no Error in AdvanceMap.
But this Map exists 2 times.
On is accessible directly in AdvanceMap, the other on is hidden.
the hidden one is on the offset (MapFooter): $470BD8, the normal on $3F8324
This hidden maps are like the miracle island, this appear if something is happen/a Flag is set. (on some Map-Scripts)
On Route 111, there the map will changed from the beginning, you will see the "original" map later in the game.
On this image you will see the difference between the maps:

To edit the hidden on you have to do this steps:
1. first export you changed map (as a map file)
2. open the Route 111
3. goto Header view (Professional Header view [Ctrl+H])
4. Change the "Map footer offset:" form $3F8324 to $470BD8

5. press the "Save changes and reload map" Button
6. now you can insert the saved map on the hidden one, and it it will work in the ROM

If you make future change on this map, do not forget to switch back to the original offset and make the changes there also.

greetz LU-HO

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
is there a way to insert pokemon icons correctly
as pokepic only does 1 frame.......
is there a better program but it needs to be over 3 pallettes

I do believe you can import gif files into Pokepic which is obviously the file type of moving sprites like that of emerald and all icons. Then again you can also use IconEd but I don't know how well you will comply with that since I myself never tried out IconEd.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I am sure noone has posted this.

How do you rip the music from Pokemon Platinum?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
is there such a thing as "showitempic" that would be used like "showpokepic" but show pictures of items (duh) and not pokemon

Years
Say, i know in XSE when you do a movement script as a person event # its 0xFF but what if its a script event? Like your putting a movement script on a tile?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
is there such a thing as "showitempic" that would be used like "showpokepic" but show pictures of items (duh) and not pokemon
You could insert the image into one of the 25 empty slots of Pokemon and use showpokepic.

Say, i know in XSE when you do a movement script as a person event # its 0xFF but what if its a script event? Like your putting a movement script on a tile?
Its exactly the same.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
You mean the green S?
Put the Unknown: 0003
and varnumber: 5040 or 4050.
Try that.

Did it, but as soon as I walk on a "S" tile, the game freezes.
Can you give me an example of a script that makes text appear, or moves characters around when you walk on the "S" tile?

Or is the script not the problem?

Anyway, setting unknown to 0003 and varnumber to 5040 or 4050 doesnt work.
I've tried all fields and every combination :(

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Did it, but as soon as I walk on a "S" tile, the game freezes.
Can you give me an example of a script that makes text appear, or moves characters around when you walk on the "S" tile?

Or is the script not the problem?

Anyway, setting unknown to 0003 and varnumber to 5040 or 4050 doesnt work.
I've tried all fields and every combination :(

You are doing it like this right?

tutorial2.PNG

tutorial3.PNG

Pics from THEx4s Script Tut

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
Years
ok i want to learn how to script for my hack (in my siggy)
i havent a clue about scripting whatsoever!
anyone have any suggestions on how to start off and what to download?

Years
ok i want to learn how to script for my hack (in my siggy)
i havent a clue about scripting whatsoever!
anyone have any suggestions on how to start off and what to download?
This is what I use etc.
First you should dowload Pokescript 1.00 not 1.2! And you also have to download pkmnadv 1.00. Then you should take a look in the documents/tutorials secton and I reccomend thethethethe his scripting tut or/and the one from pokewitch.. and from there you have to do it on your own...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Having trouble with unLZ. How can I fix this?

Original sprite is attached too.

well...
1. the size should be 64x64 and it should be in PNG format...
2. if it's too big, repoint it to a free space of the ROM. to do so, use a hex editor or FSF...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can I change the location of where you go when you haven't been to a PKMN Center and White-Out?
Theres a command called sethealingplace (9F). It must be used in a script. I'm not exactly sure what the numbers are for the different PCs but decompiling scripts of the nurses in PCs should tell you.

Qwilfish

Years

well...
1. the size should be 64x64 and it should be in PNG format...
2. if it's too big, repoint it to a free space of the ROM. to do so, use a hex editor or FSF...

i) It's 64 x 64
ii) It's PNG.
iii) Tried repointing and that same thing happened.

Thanks for trying, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back