• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I've been trying to get it to run on one of my own devices for a while now and this patch did the trick! Thanks! I just wish I knew how you did it so I can do the same for some other hacks haha.

Very excited to start playing this game in earnest I love fakemon.
What I did to fix the hack was twofold. The biggest problem was that two titlescreen assets (an image and a tilemap) were compressed with a faulty LZ77 algorithm, meaning that the game didn't allocate the right amount of space to uncompress the data into and it overflowed and wrote over the malloc header. When the game wanted to allocate more space for another asset, it couldn't validate the header and so jumped to a special section of code that's never run in the retail games which has a leftover assertion. In development kits, this would allow the computer to stop at a certain area of code to do some testing; in retail units, this just crashes the system. What I did was use gbagfx in order to properly recompress the assets, then reinserted them. The hardest part was figuring out which assets were broken in order to fix them.

There was also a second minor issue. At some point, the creators of Vega just did a find and replace in the ROM for a pointer, and that ended up affecting code that wasn't actually a pointer; I also went and fixed that.

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
Years
Random but I can't find this on Google or the Vega wiki or anything so asking here is my last resort:

Where in the world is the move deleter in this hack??
I have looked in every town except Shamouti Isl and New Isl because I haven't reached them yet, but I don't think he would be placed so late in?
I really would like something other than Rock Smash on my Feroceros...
EDIT:
Nevermind!! I found him, he's in Ravenplume city in the very last house in like the entire region I looked in. Figures. Well if anyone else needs that random bit of info, there ya go.. xD

Also this is hands down the best and most well made hack I have played, I love it <3
It's almost like what another gen on GBA would've been like :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
etried to teach tm to pichu, game flipped out, inverted all the colors and froze. didn't happen with other pokemon.

edit: ONLY happens with headbutt tm.
editedit: it happens with a few others too. looking in pokemon game editor there are a lot of attacks that are just a bunch of jumbled characters. these ones don't work.
editeditedit: some of them work, others don't.
editediteditedit: not just pichu, they don't seem to work on any pokemon.

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
emilin_rose said:
etried to teach tm to pichu, game flipped out, inverted all the colors and froze. didn't happen with other pokemon.

edit: ONLY happens with headbutt tm.
editedit: it happens with a few others too. looking in pokemon game editor there are a lot of attacks that are just a bunch of jumbled characters. these ones don't work.
editeditedit: some of them work, others don't.
editediteditedit: not just pichu, they don't seem to work on any pokemon.

1. This must be an issue with the ROM you patched Vega to, as I taught other pokemon Headbutt with no glitches occurring after.
2. The reason why the custom moves are messed up characters is because the attacks were ADDED, not replaced, so PGE will get a bit buggy.
3. What do you mean by "some of them work, others don't"? Are only certain pokemon able to use Headbutt without the game crashing? Or some of the attacks in PGE are interchangeable?
4. (Read #1) Try patching Vega to a Fire Red v1.0 rom, which can be found by google

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
1. This must be an issue with the ROM you patched Vega to, as I taught other pokemon Headbutt with no glitches occurring after.
2. The reason why the custom moves are messed up characters is because the attacks were ADDED, not replaced, so PGE will get a bit buggy.
3. What do you mean by "some of them work, others don't"? Are only certain pokemon able to use Headbutt without the game crashing? Or some of the attacks in PGE are interchangeable?
4. (Read #1) Try patching Vega to a Fire Red v1.0 rom, which can be found by google
1. i figured it was, just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem
2. noted
3. unchanged tms work fine, some of the changed tms work okay, the others, explode.
4. i thought i did patch it to a clean rom. maybe i got the 1.x mixed up. will fix.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
This game felt so official, it wasn't funny. I loved it and it took me quite a while to complete, a very well made game, with a great region and awesome music. I'm hoping for a sequel.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
technically a sequel of vega exists it's called pokemon procyon and deneb it's in the works right now currently it only goes to the 4th gym for now

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
Hey, great translation, really enjoying the game so far.

I have a bit of a problem, though it's mostly my fault anyway. I hacked in a Joltik early on because I was sad it was postgame only, and now that I've progressed far enough it's at the level to evolve...but there's one crucial problem; it can't. I had forgotten that FR/LG have that limitation on Pokemon that evolve outside of the regional dex (Golbat and Chansey iirc) and so every time Joltik starts the evolution cutscene it just cancels.

I was wondering if:

A) There's a cheat code somewhere to unlock the National Dex like how there is for FireRed. I can't seem to find one that works.

B) Someone could send me their .sav file that has the National Dex unlocked to trade between the two saves and evolve my Joltik. I think trading is possible between the same hack, at least. I can't seem to find any .sav files anywhere else. This doesn't work, sadly. I need the National Dex to be unlocked if I want to trade Joltik in the first place.

If anyone could help, that would be great! At the moment I'm stuck with a level 40 Joltik >.<

I found a code that worked :) She's a good Galvantula now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 13, 2020
Hi!
I need help with the Ravenplume Arena. I watched a walktrough and when i have to go up on the right side in the area i get dropped of at the entry and the guy in the walkthrough is able to walk up...
is this a bug or did i forget to do something?
thanks for your help...

Years
Really nice hack, I was hoping for a translation so that I could play it properly! Really, thank you sooo much!

Nontheless, this hack has some issues, too..first things first, the level cap for trainers is too low, as well as wild Pokémon, whilst Gym Leaders being too high-leveled makes it really unfair. As someone before me already said, the difficulty of the hack is due mostly to this, forcing the players to grind and spend far too much time for leveling, rather than enjoying the map, the Fakemon -hats off for the awesome sprites, both Fakemons and trainers, really good job- and the game overall. It really makes it less fun than it should be.
Even so, this is a great game, really polished in term of graphics -I would have like some new tiles, personally, since the graphic editors were so good at spriting- and storyline! Totally recommended

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 7, 2020
Hi sorry if this has been brought up before but i've encountered a glitch with no way to progress further into the game.

After defeating Mewtwo at his gym, I go upstairs behind him and fight my way past D.H. members. When i go up into the cave where the cutscene/dialog should happen, i see MewTwo standing on top of the D.H. team boss. When i try to talk to the boss I end up talking to MewTwo with the dialog:

"Aren't you going to give chase? After all, Human conflicts should be resolved by humans."

Unfortunately i can't link you a picture until i post more.

Thanks for your time people. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2017
Hi everybody, does anybody know if Flash is special or physical since it now has power?
Also where is the move deleter?

Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
pretty good hack, the balancing really makes it near unplayable at parts though no matter how well done the rest of the game is. too bad no one can go back and fix it

Dragonecro0987

The Necrotic Dragon
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I recently wanted to play this game. How do I properly patch the Vega IPS into FireRed? I got Lunar IPS, the IPS File, and a Clean Pokemon FireRed ROM. When I tried, all I got from VBA was a white screen and a loud buzzing noise.

Any help would be appriciated.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I recently wanted to play this game. How do I properly patch the Vega IPS into FireRed? I got Lunar IPS, the IPS File, and a Clean Pokemon FireRed ROM. When I tried, all I got from VBA was a white screen and a loud buzzing noise.

Any help would be appriciated.
1. Make sure the FireRed rom is the Squirrels one.
2. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years
Okay, this has to be one of the absolute best hacks I've ever seen. The music is incredible and I haven't yet seen a single Fakemon that I dislike. However, sweet mother of a Miltank are those Gym Leaders tougher than a Ponyta's hooves. Now I know how Joey feels. I chose Peyero as my starter, and I sort of regret it. I mean, aesthetically I love it, but the Bug-type Gym Leader uses the Rock-type better than Brock! Maybe I should have gone with Liquiput...

On another note, I want to introduce this hack to my friend, but I'm afraid that the massive difficulty spike is going to turn him away from it. My solution was going to be to open it up in HTE and lower the difficulty a bit for him, but when I opened up Annette's Pokemon I got an error. I figured that it was due to the new moves, so I edited the ini in an attempt to account for them, and, while I didn't get the error anymore, I wanted to ask if there's any other steps I should take before I try doing anything so I don't accidently destroy the game. I don't intend to distribute any Vega hack I make outside of my own circle of friends, and even then I'll make sure that the people that did all the real work for making and translating this awesome hack get all the credit, but I just wanted to be sure that my less grinding-inclined friends would be able to enjoy this hack as much as I do.

Back