• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Maps] Curt's Region Starter Kit

Should I release the "Region Starter Kit" ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
Years
  • Age 35
  • GA
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Same here.. x_x I'll have to hunt him down and force him to post them! I need those regions!

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
just face it guyz... he's either gone and either isnt coming back for a while or not at all or the idea is dead.... just be patient... if he release's it, he realese's it... how would you feal if you found out his mum died or something and you guys were bugging him to relese it... its a good idea but why dont you just try mapping it yourself?? it makes it more original!

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
IM BACK...

Srry for being gone for so long guys and gals...real life got in the way...no worries tho...starting map making again....should be done in a couple weeks hopefully...thanks for those who didnt doubt my return shame on those who did....lol...jk guys...ill keep you guys updated...

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Are people so lazy that they can't even map places that have already been mapped for them in the games?

Years
He is only trying to help people (although I just finished mapping most of overworld Johto a few minutes before I posted this, just need to do the 2 water routes and Cianwood then the inside maps).
But yeah, it will help out a lot of people.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I think this idea looks promising.
I was susceptible before I saw your progress.
I think this idea will be very important to pokecommunity if not to many people just use this kit.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm supporting this project to where ever it goes. Although I will be making my own maps, I still think that it's a good idea, since not many people that are making their own games are skilled RPG Maker users. I think that this will bring more people into the custom game making rather than hacking.

PS. By getting the maps, people can use it as layouts for the various areas. If people want to make it more original, they should change the maps at least a little bit to implement their originality

Curt200718

Years
lol...if you guys dont like the project then dont use it....

I would rather play for hours upon hours going through a new adventure where i can travel to all corners of the Pokemon World and not just restricted to One Region...or some fake region..(Even though some fake regions are looking awsome)

Just to let you guys know I am working on a Custom Region Aswell...not sure if it will be released with this kit or not...

All you guys that dont agree with this project, dont ask me for a download link when im finished...lol

later guys

PS. When I finish I will release the kit in a BETA edition for a couple guys to test out.....I will be looking for some volunteers shortly but not at the moment...

Oh yea, my map's are compatible with RMXP ONLY !

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
lol...if you guys dont like the project then dont use it....

I would rather play for hours upon hours going through a new adventure where i can travel to all corners of the Pokemon World and not just restricted to One Region...or some fake region..(Even though some fake regions are looking awsome)

Just to let you guys know I am working on a Custom Region Aswell...not sure if it will be released with this kit or not...

All you guys that dont agree with this project, dont ask me for a download link when im finished...lol

later guys

PS. When I finish I will release the kit in a BETA edition for a couple guys to test out.....I will be looking for some volunteers shortly but not at the moment...

Oh yea, my map's are compatible with RMXP ONLY !

When's the last time one of these people who can't spell and are eleven, who promise "all teh regionz with all 7000 pokemons," have actually finished their project, or even finished anything but mocking up a couple of screenshots with shitty graphics, no grammar and no common sense?

Of course we'd all like to play a lengthy game with a second region, but what people in this forum need to do is concentrate on their first region, custom or not.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't see what the problem is with using original ideas. I think I see where people are coming from when they say that there's no originality anymore. And here you are saying that original ideas aren't good, that it is better to just make a crappy game, but if it's long, and contains all the regions, then we've done a good job.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out...

Curt200718

Years
When's the last time one of these people who can't spell and are eleven, who promise "all teh regionz with all 7000 pokemons," have actually finished their project, or even finished anything but mocking up a couple of screenshots with shitty graphics, no grammar and no common sense?

Of course we'd all like to play a lengthy game with a second region, but what people in this forum need to do is concentrate on their first region, custom or not.

lol...ok first off...i see your one of those guys that use perfect grammar while typing huh...lol...well i dont and who cares...i am sure i can spell better than you...i am not a kid...second off all...I have every region done except two routes in Jhoto and the Hoenn Region...the reason being I have to rip alot of the graphics...im on the caves now..about half way done...I still have a few routes to finish as well...and a couple towns..lol...but I am making progress bro...lol...wouldnt it be cool to travel to known areas after yours or someones Else's "Original Region" has been explored ?

I don't see what the problem is with using original ideas. I think I see where people are coming from when they say that there's no originality anymore. And here you are saying that original ideas aren't good, that it is better to just make a crappy game, but if it's long, and contains all the regions, then we've done a good job.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out...

I also dont see the problem with using original ideas....it is actually the best thing to do bro...lol...i dont remember saying anying thing bad about original ideas....and there is nothing wrong with Fake or "Original" Regions....you can impliment your own region into the kit with ease....but I do agree that any noob could put this and essentials and have a crappy game going in days sure....but for the experienced programmers and game developers have almost the entire pokemon world to work with including there own...i have not got any of Sinnoh or other regions not mentioned...

Srry to rant on.....lol...taken a brake from map making...lol...

You guys dont want any screenshots do you ?....let me kno :P

Back