• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two questions reguarding the save file structure in essentials.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
First of all, why is the storyline text stored in the savefile?!
Is it just common events or is the entire storyline text stored there?
Here is an example
o;; ii;
"nancy's theme.ogg; ii;&i ;'iño;$;%[o;; ii;
"Exit Door; ii;&i ;'iúo;$;%[i;&i ;'ioo;$;%["CNancy: My fellow workers told me that you were looking for me.;&i ;'ijo;$;%["7Naturally, I have been looking for you ever since.;&i ;'i'o;$;%["-\PN: Why did you cause the shadow cloud!;&i ;'i'o;$;%["Nancy: Me?;&i ;'i'o;$;%["EThat wasn't me!\nHowever, I do know something that may help you.;&i ;'ijo;$;%["\PN: What is it.;&i ;'i'o;$;%[";Nancy: You have to beat me in a Pokémon battle first!;&i ;'i'o;

Anyway, also my friend wants to know how hard is it to reset an event in a hex editor?
I would assume extremely easy, right?
I don't think the save file even has a checksum, does it?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The savefile stores the events in the map. So if you made a event to block the way, and move this event out the way, the event will be out the way if you save and load the file, but will be in the way if you exits from this map.

Back