• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miley810

Assassin
Years
Curious & ShinyD- I'm also waiting on a RP to be accepted. No one signed up for my X-men RP. :(

Even though there's a digimon RP right now, I came up with a awesome plot idea for one. Anybody interested?

*Is still waiting on my Portal 3 rp to be accepted*

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Even though there's a digimon RP right now, I came up with a awesome plot idea for one. Anybody interested?

I am! PM me your ideas? But right now I have to get to work on a project that I didn't start that was due in school today. <<Why do I have to be so stupid sometimes?

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
You can roleplay /on/ Warcraft though. o_o; I honestly don't get the point of forfeiting the graphical advantages.

It could be that they want to roleplay in the Warcraft universe but perhaps in an alternate timeline as the game is in or maybe in the past or future of the game. PLUS maybe they want to play as non playable races/factions that you can't in the game.

Also, now that my computer is no longer in a coma, I'm itching for some new roleplays to participate in, it's just that none of the current ones interest me at the moment. Hope you all don't disappoint! :P

miley810

Assassin
Years
I am! PM me your ideas? But right now I have to get to work on a project that I didn't start that was due in school today. <<Why do I have to be so stupid sometimes?

Sure! Get working on that project though! I have a 'About Me' poster due for Teen Living next Thurday. >_< Thank Arceus for a 3 day weekend.

Years
Curious & ShinyD- I'm also waiting on a RP to be accepted. No one signed up for my X-men RP. :(
Okay this made me go look for it and view it. Would you mind any criticism? Because I think I can fairly understand why you're not getting anybody.

Without going much into detail, I have to say that the plot is rather vague, short and leaves the readers with many questions. Plus you revealed information about the hideout which is a bad thing as the suspense that RPers like is no longer there. Also you didn't say much about the Deniers, who are they? I mean, you wouldn't wanna go up against an enemy which you know nothing of, would you? Hence, ambiguity. I'd be more detailed if you want or don't mind criticism. Or whatever floats your boat. :>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Also, really Warcraft? That's obsessive >_< My brothers were obsessed with that game. I wanted/want to play it so bad but can't afford it :/
Obsessive? Lol, how is it obsessive to want to make a forum RP from Warcraft? We're much more obsessed with pokémon here.

You can roleplay /on/ Warcraft though. o_o; I honestly don't get the point of forfeiting the graphical advantages.
That's like saying we could just as well RP pokémon on Pokémon Online or something. There's tons of things you can't do in the real game, like actually acting like people, climb a tree and play storylines that aren't in the game.

True, but we also don't all have WoW.
Plus, you can make it more of a WoW-esque RP, rather than it being . . . yeah, like that, when you RP back and forth in the actual game, which can come out . . . meh.
misc-true-story.png

It could be that they want to roleplay in the Warcraft universe but perhaps in an alternate timeline as the game is in or maybe in the past or future of the game. PLUS maybe they want to play as non playable races/factions that you can't in the game.
Yeah, kind of. Mostly it's that I love the settings and lore and races of Warcraft, but I grow bored easily of the real game. I mostly run around exploring xD And to try and RP on the real game is like... well, you're in luck if you even run into another person in those dead RP servers. And then you'll have to be lucky to not run into a bastard that wants to ruin your gaming experience. So. Nah.

For many of the basic reasons there are forum RPs at all, a Warcraft RP thought up and GMd properly could be really fun, I think. I might try and make one some time during this spring, if some of the RPs I'm in now dies or something *hopes not*

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@miley I have a suggestion for you. Try to stick with one or two RPs. You're getting too many out there at the moment, and you may not have time to manage them all. You wouldn't want to overburden yourself...

@Everyone else waiting for their RP to get accepted. Skymin usually accepts new RPs in bulk every few days, so just sit tight until she gets off her lazy butt time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
*Is still waiting on my Portal 3 rp to be accepted*
Gee whiz, grow some patience kids. I mean I know I'm pretty bad but I remember the days when this section had no moderator and I would wait maybe a week for stuff. but im doing it all now, anyways.

by the way love you johnny.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Gee whiz, grow some patience kids. I mean I know I'm pretty bad but I remember the days when this section had no moderator and I would wait maybe a week for stuff. but im doing it all now, anyways.

I don't mind waiting, after all I know we all have lives outside PC. :3
No worries, take your time. :D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Back at ya, moddy.

By the way, just letting everyone know I happen to have two spots (one on the good guy side, one on the bad) open in Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginninghttp://=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=266816

Check it out if you like.

Also, I'm still considering making that Fire Emblem RP sometime in the coming week/months/eventually if people are interested. Although maybe I should consider make it simply a medieval/fantasy RP based loosely on it, as many people may not have played Fire Emblem.

miley810

Assassin
Years
Diamond-

Last time I had a X-men RP (different website, long story) I had all that information and everybody kept telling me that the charecters should be able to know it. The charecters themselves are not suppost to know it. Like the Deniers, they're not suppost to know much of anything about the deniers.

Skymin-

Eh I wasn't rushing anyone, I just wanted to express my bordem.

Supervegeta-

I was talking about for a later time. And I gave up on the X-men rp, and it doesn't look like Otherworld is gonna post on Rocket's Emerge, so really I'm down to one.

Curious-

Yes we all have lives, but mine's been snowed in. We got snow and the roads are too black-icey for anyone to go anywhere.

Dang it, I felt like I was forgetting something on my portal rp. HERE WE GO AGAIN! *is too lazy to get her game systems from the living room*

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
You can roleplay /any race/ in WoW. o_o There are special addons specifically designed for these purposes. I also can't really imagine why the /canon universe/ would be "meh". To me that sounds like an aversion to Warcraft itself.

The biggest problems I could imagine are people owning the game. (Which isn't /that/ big of a problem anymore since... y'know, WoW is free up to level 20 now complete with free digital download) That and the WoW community being dominated by cliques. (See: Groups of people that think they're better than everyone else.)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Ok, with all that aside. :D My RP is out! Bara's Storm! You can find it in the Roleplay Lounge. (Plan to fix the first post very soon.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You can roleplay /any race/ in WoW. o_o There are special addons specifically designed for these purposes. I also can't really imagine why the /canon universe/ would be "meh". To me that sounds like an aversion to Warcraft itself.

The biggest problems I could imagine are people owning the game. (Which isn't /that/ big of a problem anymore since... y'know, WoW is free up to level 20 now complete with free digital download) That and the WoW community being dominated by cliques. (See: Groups of people that think they're better than everyone else.)

Alright, I get that you wouldn't join a Warcraft RP. But I still think you're confusing things. I think it's fun to play by writing rather than pressing buttons to move inside a graphic world. And it's maybe not 'meh', but there can be more to it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Ah, you mean when RHCP was on hiatus? :] I remember Broken had been released around that time... Right? xD

ALSO THAT SV BONKING RP SEEMS REALLY TEMPTING. Really better than me being shot by a shotgun/set on fire by a killer wearing a ski-mask. :P

I don't mind waiting, after all I know we all have lives outside PC. :3
No worries, take your time. :D

Wait... I have a life?! :O /checks

Back at ya, moddy.

By the way, just letting everyone know I happen to have two spots (one on the good guy side, one on the bad) open in Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginninghttp://=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=266816

Check it out if you like.

Also, I'm still considering making that Fire Emblem RP sometime in the coming week/months/eventually if people are interested. Although maybe I should consider make it simply a medieval/fantasy RP based loosely on it, as many people may not have played Fire Emblem.

Lol, this is definitely the third time I remember you bringing that Fire Emblem RP up xD But anyways, I THINK I played like 2 turns of the DS game. lol But yeaaah I have no knowledge of Fire Emblem other than that xD But since you're making it a simple medievel RP, I probably might give it a try! :D

Alright, I get that you wouldn't join a Warcraft RP. But I still think you're confusing things. I think it's fun to play by writing rather than pressing buttons to move inside a graphic world. And it's maybe not 'meh', but there can be more to it.

THIS. Exactly what I feel about that kinda RPing xD Although I haven't really played WoW (jut heard about how people get addicted to it lol) I probably might look into it a bit. :P

Also, I was thinking bout creating a really dark, non fiction RP based around the Zodiac murders that took place in late 1960. I haven't got a fully planned storyline yet, just a basic idea of what I want it to be. Basically, the RPers will play reporters from different newspapers, trying to solve the mystery of the Zodiac murders. I won't make people stick to history very strictly though.

So, is anybody interested? Or do you think the idea can be improved in some way? I'd like some crit. please. :P

My major concern with such a plot is that it's gonna be pretttty violent. :/ I'll try to tone it down, but idk...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ah, you mean when RHCP was on hiatus? :] I remember Broken had been released around that time... Right? xD

Or maybe before Michaela became mod. That's when I joined, and there was no mod . . . for a while. I /think/ it might have been, um . . . Alter Ego that was supposed to be the mod, but I guess they disappeared not long before I joined. :/

@PkMn Trainer Yellow - What RHCP said, I guess. I just don't . . . really enjoy RPing in the game itself. It's so . . . well, I can't say much else besides "meh." :/

Ah . . . I suggested an Eragon RP . . . nobody said anything . . . but I'm thinking of an Eragon-esque RP, although it seems to be straying from the path of Eragon, but it will still have elements that are inspired by it. I'm thinking maybe we play as wizards/whatever, which, while they aren't exceedingly rare, are a bit of an oddity. However, ones that have enough power to be acknowledged by dragons as Riders are exceedingly rare.

/something like that.

EDIT: @miley810 - If you need a reason for GLaDOS to be using humans again . . . she did find that vault of like, what, ten thousand humans (I /think/) at the end of the co-op campaign(or maybe it was the DLC . . .), which takes place after Chell has escaped.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Way before then. Like, years ago.

Ah . . . I suggested an Eragon RP . . . nobody said anything . . . but I'm thinking of an Eragon-esque RP, although it seems to be straying from the path of Eragon, but it will still have elements that are inspired by it. I'm thinking maybe we play as wizards/whatever, which, while they aren't exceedingly rare, are a bit of an oddity. However, ones that have enough power to be acknowledged by dragons as Riders are exceedingly rare.

/something like that.

I just accepted an inheritance cycle roleplay, naku.
:( So no one wants to say anything about my Bara's Storm RP?
Well, start the conversation then! d:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Here you go, Naku! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271201 (writing out the whole url just because I luv u so much and know u luv it)

Shiny, I can comment on it. I don't really understand what the region comes from, has it been there forever or just recently popped up into the world and drawn all the legendaries to it? Also, there are a few strange spaces between the rules and you've messed up the spoiler tags a bit in the SU area I think :3 try to look through the code and fix it? Other than that, it's fun with new regions as long as they are well thought out, as I believe I've said before. Sounds like it could be fun!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I just accepted an inheritance cycle roleplay, naku.

Here you go, Naku! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271201 (writing out the whole url just because I luv u so much and know u luv it)

Oh. OH! Oh . . .
Well, I did say that my idea was going to stray from the Eragon stories a bit . . . perhaps a lot.
Plus, don't have time for another RP right now, as I'm signing up for a few as it is. D: Also, I'm just reading Eragon like, right now, so . . . yeah, lol.

And Red, you ARE a cruel person. Don't deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back