• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"To STAB or Not To STAB" Challenge

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
The "To STAB or Not To STAB" Challenge

The Challenge:
The "To STAB or Not To STAB" challenge is where you either use only STAB moves, or no STAB moves.

Rules:
1. To complete each game, you must:
RBGYFRLG - Defeat your Rival as Champion
GSCHGSS - Defeat Lance (Kanto and Red are now optional)
RSEORAS - Defeat Steven(RSORAS*)/Wallace(E)
DPPt - Defeat Cynthia
BWB2W2 - Defeat Ghetsis(BW)/Iris(B2W2)
XY - Defeat Diantha
SunMoon - Defeat Champion (still too early so spoiler-free)
2. All stat/weather moves are allowed, so you can use Sunny Day or Swords Dance with Lurantis on either challenge. Fixed power moves and indirect damage moves do count however, so no Charizard with Dragon Rage or Blastoise with Toxic in the STAB challenge, or Leech Seed With Venusaur in the No-STAB challenge.
3. Legendaries are not allowed, so no Zapdos, Yveltal, Regice, or w/e.
4. Pokemon-Amie/Refresh is banned, with Sylveon having a two heart exception. Mega-Evolution and Z-Crystals are banned as well. Super Training is allowed.
5. You can sign-up for Single, Ultimate, or Rule-Free. Single is one game, ultimate is one game of each generation, and Rule-Free is no rules.
6. Hacks are allowed, but full hacks are not allowed in Ultimates. Enhanced Hacks (eg. Blaze Black, Sacred Gold) however, are allowed in Ultimates.
7. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hacking/trading is allowed in any circumstance, unless it is a trade evolution, then you can trade/hack to evolve it at an appropriate level, but only if you would be able to legitimately. That means you can only evolve Onix once you get a Metal Coat in-game.

Sign-Up
Username:
Version: *If this is a hack, please say both the hack name and the base game. If it is a full hack (i.e. original story, region, whatever), please say so.
Single/Ultimate//Rule-Free?: *Single is one game, Ultimate is going through all six regions.
Mode?: *STAB or No-STAB

Username: Volga
Version: Crystal
Single/Ultimate/Rule-Free?: Single
Mode?: No-STAB

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Rule-Free Challengers:
Spoiler:

Rule-Free Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Before I sign, quick question, if the move doesnt attack and therefore gets no real STAB ingame, but is the same type, like a Rattata using Growl maybe, would that still count or would it have to be only attacking moves with STAB?

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Version: Crystal
Single
Mode: STAB

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Before I sign, quick question, if the move doesnt attack and therefore gets no real STAB ingame, but is the same type, like a Rattata using Growl maybe, would that still count or would it have to be only attacking moves with STAB?

I have now clarified it in the main post. Any non-damaging moves are allowed.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Ok so for some reason I decided to do this as a nuzlocke so I started already and cant stop now. 0/

-Chose Chikorita and named him Pear, went on to spam Tackle to continue until we could get Razor Leaf for him.
-Caught Owlsthetic the Hoothoot and Boof the Geodude.
-Caught Nommon the Zubat and normally I would teach it Swift when we get it but clearly that wont work here aha... Used Leechlife on Belsprouts in the Sprout Tower to level it up.
-Beat Falkner using Rock Throw and Razor Leaf.
-Hatched Scrambles the Togepi.
-Caught Swagpole the Poliwag.(actually i mightve caught it before the gym i dont remember crap...)

Badges: 1

Team:
Pear the Chikorita, Male Level 11
Razor Leaf/Tackle/Growl
Owlsthetic the Hoothoot, Male Level 11
Tackle/Growl/Foresight/Peck
Boof the Geodude, Female Level 12
Rock Throw/Defense Curl/Tackle
Nommon the Zubat, Male Level 7
Leechlife/Supersonic
Swagpole the Poliwag, Male Level 4
Bubble