• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks SSD. This is actually the first time you meet Duskull in the game. A visit during your sleep while staying in Rising City! I'll be showing some screens of the cemetary soon so look foward to that!

that is an amazing update but you shouldn't double post
Thanks, and yeah I know I shouldn't doublepost but I can just as long as it's an update.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Your game seems to be coming along great.
Thanks, i've been waiting for a comment like this. By the way, we will be updating on Saturday or Sunday. The update will include Fakemon (yes fakemon), new screens, new tiles, sprites, and maybe even a video! Look foward to that and please renember to comment about the previous updates!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Who's Clide?:

Looks like someone looking for a battle! Clide is a psychic who is looking for nothing but sucess!

Charles The Gym Leader:

After getting through a difficult gym (i'm not lying!) you challenge Charles. He's usually much harder but I got lucky and his Lapras doesn't know Ice Beam, yet...

The Pokemon Weather Institute:

You are now in the lower area of Rising City and there you will find the Pokemon Weather Institute. You end up in another mess with Team Galactic. Excuse the spelling errors.

Closing Words...:

I know I didn't show any fakemon but they will be coming soon. The spelling errors will also be fixed in the videos. And many of you are thinking "Why are you showing us so much?", well you're wrong. There is still far more events that I haven't revealed to the public. Look foward to more story line advacement, features, and fakemon in future updates!

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

Update

capture205.png

Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

The Torn world?:

I just finished making some tiles for the Torn World(well not really finished, I have the blue monutain and tree left to do).

16iiayv.png

Please don't steal, I spent about half my day working on this!

Just wanted to show you guys how the torn world works (I refure to call it the distortion world). This is still not finished but this it a preview that's really close to the final product.

Any concerns?

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
That looks really good. ^_^ Good work!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks! By the way the next update will be on my birthday, March 10th. It will include a massive amount of screens, storyline advancement and a contest that Red Gyrados and I planned a while ago.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
HEy nice screens, you sad you give us on the 10th march new screens and now is 11 where is the screens??

Atomic Reactor

chill out, he was probably busy, because it was his birthday?
Happy birthday btw bro. Can't wait to see what you got to show us.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Thanks everyone but the reason I didn't post the update was because I broke the usb end on my flash drive and stupid me once again for got to make a backup copy of Ryen. I'm going to try to get it fixed and immidietly make a backup but if I don't then i'm going to get a beta from one of my betatesters and release that. Hopefully I can get it fixed and we won't have to go to that far to get something out.

Atomic Reactor

sorry to hear that man.
i hope you can get things worked out.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

Update

capture205.png

Guess what?:

Yeah it's true, Ryen is back. I managed to save everything in the flash drive. Turns out it was actually an internal problem so I had to open it up, but I don't want to bore you guys so let's get straight to the screens!

New Pokemon lurking the Ryen region?:

That's right the fakemon are finally here, well at least the shadows which will be revealed soon...

2ir19cm.png

These design are final (except for the farthermost right one which i'm not quite pleased with so I might change it) unless I decide to change them. I really have to thank OG for taking his time to sprite some fakemon for me so credit goes to him.

A contest?:

Yup another contest, it's been a while hasn't it? This is the kind of contest that'll suit those creative ones or some who are talented in mapping. The catch is to either design or map a new city in Pokemon Ryen. You can either make a simple design such as:

2z3qsur.png

You can also go as far to making your own map! But I discourage this because if you don't have the best mapping skills it'll weaken your possibility to win. The city, Signas City, is a civilized, futuristic city so make sure to give a description of the tiles that are going to be used in the city that matches the theme. Here's the location of the city to help so you all know the entrances in the city.

capture244.png

The contest will run until April 5th and please don't pm me entries, post them in the thread.

New features?:

First on the line is the removement of Pokemon Marts. They will be replaced with small stands which will be color coded, So far green means normal items such as Potions which will be rare:

capture233.png

Rest inc.?

Rest inc. is a building in which You rest after a long day's work. There's one in every town/city with a gym. In there there's a bed where you will rest, but strange things are happening. Someone's trying to contact you and every time the nightmares get longer...

capture231.png

The last feature I'm going to reveal is the removal of HM's. They will be replaced with Pokemon which you will receive through sidequests. The only one I've revealed has been Dewgong which is an obligated event while the others you will have to discover...

Florafoli Town?:

Florafoli Town is in one of Ryen's many Volcanic Islands. It is a peaceful eco-friendly town. It is on your way to the third gym so you'll be obligated to visit it. I've put to gether some new tiles for the town so here are the screens (WIP & not yet populated).

capture240.png

capture239.png

capture241.png

capture242.png

Closing Words...:

I'm going to be making new tiles for big and small things in many maps. The demo is coming soon so look out for that. Here's an exmaple of a small change:

capture245.png

And a new loading screen...

capture243.png

Atomic Reactor

Your beach looks kinda crowded, but other than that everything i awesome.
I'm diggin the new tiles too :P
Can't wait to see some more from this awesome project.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Glad to see you back, the update looks awesome! Love the new features, plots and the loading screen. It's still one of the best fan games in this forum.

Thanks, but that's just the tip of the iceburg. There's still a lot I have to show in future updates.

Everything looks awesome.
Your beach looks kinda crowded, but other than that everything i awesome.
I'm diggin the new tiles too :P
Can't wait to see some more from this awesome project.

Yeah it's just my mapping style. I'll see what I can do about editing some of the islands.

Yeah. Everything look great! I like them a lot.

Thanks OG! Appreciate the comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back